Hibachi restaurants

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Believe it or not, I'd never been to one until tonight.

I'm not real big on Asian cuisine.

But I gotta say, I friggin LOVED this place!

They flip up pieces of chicken for you to catch in your mouth, and if you catch it they spray a shot of Sake into your mouth.

I like games for alcohol. I can get used to this Hibachi thing.

They flip up pieces of chicken for you to catch in your mouth, and if you catch it they spray a shot of Sake into your mouth.

Hibachi's are cool. So are Mongolian Bar-B-Q's. :thup:

My kids always get a kick out of the onion volcano thing.

Hibachi's are cool. So are Mongolian Bar-B-Q's. :thup:

My kids always get a kick out of the onion volcano thing.

The onion volcano was cool as hell. My son probably would have loved all the flames, but I don't know about my daughter. She can be a little skittish at times. This was grown-ups night out though. Maybe they can come next time.

Ohhhhh now we're talking.

Last Hibachi I went to was the Benni Hana's in Maple Grove. Very tasty, but I must say I find them rather overpriced at times. Of course the unfiltered Sake I got was fantastic.

On the other hand I LOVE mongolian bbqs. A new chain has come out that's fantastic, called Hu Hot. HUGE grill and so many selections.

I took my 14 yo to Benihana's for his B'day. Also took the 15 and 7 yr old.

$130.00.

:eek:

WTF?

Next year I'm boiling a dozen lobsters at home, and tossing their tails in the air for the kids to catch in their mouths.

Benihana's is way overpriced. Look for a local hibachi restaurant.

Usually our bill runs around 70-80 for myself and the family. No alcohol though (Can't stand paying that much for a drink when I can make it myself for less than half the price)

Usually our bill runs around 70-80 for myself and the family. No alcohol though (Can't stand paying that much for a drink when I can make it myself for less than half the price)

I had ONE glass of wine.:evil:

And that was to mentally prepare me for the bill.

The next time I pay over $100 at Benihana, I expect to get the "Happy Finish."

I took my 14 yo to Benihana's for his B'day. Also took the 15 and 7 yr old.

$130.00.

:eek:

WTF?

Next year I'm boiling a dozen lobsters at home, and tossing their tails in the air for the kids to catch in their mouths.
Skam Dippy!

Well, considering it is japanese cuisine, I'm sure they can dig up a squid or octopus for you pretty easily.

:lol::lol:

Srsly tho, look for a local non-chain hibachi.

I seem to recall that there is a Female Impersonator in SF names Beni Hana. Not sure if her shows include a Happy Finish. Maybe that is reserved for special 1:1 engagements.

Well, considering it is japanese cuisine, I'm sure they can dig up a squid or octopus for you pretty easily.

:lol::lol:

Srsly tho, look for a local non-chain hibachi.
A_Chinese_Chef_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090713-163848-354009.jpg

Yu sirry! Is Chinese cursine! Yu moa sirry. Scrid and Ocrapoos no grow in cround!

Sirry round eye!

(If you're offended, I don't give a crap. It's a joke. Butch up sally.)

Yeah this one was a local joint, not a chain.

For 3 of us the bill was something like $60, and that was including a Saketini.

Kobe Steak at the Prado is awesome, fairly expensive, but awesome. It's pricey because it's ITP (IMHO).

Mt. Fuji is a great compromise. Pretty much the same menu, same good food, but a better price, because it is OTP.

There are some out in West Cobb/East Paulding too....haven't been to them though, have you? Are they worth exploring?

Forum List

Back