Hi,

Jan 24, 2021
USA
I am Robert Stevens, a retired teacher, a proud dad, and a seasoned deer hunter. Hunting is nothing new to me. I get introduced to hunting at an early age and since then spent countless hours in the woods and learned good lessons in terms of woodsmanship. My hunting career is highlighted with some big bugs that other hunters dream to gun down. To me, sharing of skills and knowledge means helping others. The Rangerexpert is the site where I shared my hunting expertise. The favorite hunting time of mine was late December through mid-January. Do you want to know what makes a successful hunter? It’s all about hard work, passion, and a bit of luck.

1611486627057.png

Damn it, I forgot to include a link.

I am Robert Stevens, a retired teacher, a proud dad, and a seasoned deer hunter. Hunting is nothing new to me. I get introduced to hunting at an early age and since then spent countless hours in the woods and learned good lessons in terms of woodsmanship. My hunting career is highlighted with some big bugs that other hunters dream to gun down. To me, sharing of skills and knowledge means helping others. The Rangerexpert is the site where I shared my hunting expertise. The favorite hunting time of mine was late December through mid-January. Do you want to know what makes a successful hunter? It’s all about hard work, passion, and a bit of luck.
I hope you eat what you kill.

my son hunts...which shocked me..and still does...it is a lot of work and time consuming...and learning experiences..i.e. finding out the deer does not fit in the jeep..i am getting use to this conversation...can you do this on this date...no turkey season...no last day of long gun season...bow season...i thought he was hunting to get away from g/f ...they hunt together...people do not realize harvesting the deer is step one...my son's friend always uses an abattoir...he did not factor in the large harvest this year and shows up with a deer and no idea how to proceed after field dressing..they all pitched in and got it processed..many people simply do not realize that unharvested populations get diseased...on the border of nc/tn here...the wasting or bleeding disease is in tn ...so nc is in a lockdown with deer...i called an abattoir in tn and was quickly told they could not process a nc deer..even worse the 'pet' deer...a situation that results in game wardens taking the pets and putting them down...traumatic to all involved...damn dogs will make friends with the deer...but i still have my hostas

good luck here

Many here claim to bear arms, others would probably arm bears if they could.
Take care and remember that whatever you say is sure to be misunderstood.

I am Robert Stevens, a retired teacher, a proud dad, and a seasoned deer hunter. Hunting is nothing new to me. I get introduced to hunting at an early age and since then spent countless hours in the woods and learned good lessons in terms of woodsmanship. My hunting career is highlighted with some big bugs that other hunters dream to gun down.

Bugs?

74f91c04549c0dc101e42a77e2585b30 - Copy.gif

Welcome Robert. Quite a few hunters here. We usually congregate in the Garage forum since the Powers That Be deprived us of the Outdoor forum.

Luckily there's an old wood stpve in the garage too.

Welcome to USMB, robertstevens10. Hope you enjoy the board. :thup:

Forum List

Back