Hi. Sorry for not being an American.

Sovereign_F

Oct 13, 2011
Ankh-Morpork
(I have bolded the important parts for you lazy people who cant be bothered to read yet another newbie introduction 5 miles long :lol:)

Hey :)

I was just surfing the net, trying to look for a good political forum and I happened to stumble across this one and it looked too good to pass up! I also think I may have either lurked on or joined this forum before, so apologies to the mods if I have another account on here somewhere (be my guest and delete it if it exists).

I studied United States politics for a year at college so, even though I am not a resident in the county (I have actually never even visited the Americas at all), I would like to think that I may have something to contribute here and there. The real political issues are pretty similar around the world anyway.

So, I used to be a member of the UK Labour Party. My voting history is as follows: Labour Party (Local Elections 2009) and UK Independence Party (EU Election 2009). It may interest you to know that I would have voted for John McCain in 2008 if I could have.
I have since given up voting because I realised that the political class are all, when it gets down to the real issues, the same. I did not vote in the UKs last General Election (the election which decides the Prime Minister and also the Parliament).

I'm pretty much just a geeky young guy looking to talk to you guys and to add some of you good people on social media such as Skype. I recently came out as a homosexual and some of my closest friends have rejected me because of it.

Thanks for reading! Ask me any questions you like :) Also, I should probably get to know you too while we're at it... what is your political leaning, what is your perfect day and what, to you, is the most important political issue today?

Welcome. I don't think it's necessary to be an American citizen to have good political discussions here.....or a few wittful or critical zingers!
I'm not a U.S. citizen either, but as a fairly close neighbour and biggest trading partner with the U.S., I robustly feel an obligation to know American policies, economic conditions, trade agreements......lol.....I think I get caught up with more American politics because, well, our politics can be a smidgen boring.:welcome:

Not an American??!! WTF is wrong with you??!! Apply for citizenship now or get the fuck out!!!!!!

Hey, it sounded funny to me.

Welcome!!
:D

as a fairly close neighbour and biggest trading partner with the U.S., I robustly feel an obligation to know American policies, economic conditions, trade agreements......lol.....I think I get caught up with more American politics because, well, our politics can be a smidgen boring.:welcome:

Canadian?

Not an American??!! WTF is wrong with you??!! Apply for citizenship now or get the fuck out!!!!!!

Hey, it sounded funny to me.

Welcome!!
:D

It certainly made me smile :razz:

Who gave him the neg rep already?!!!!!

Probably someone who didn't like what he said about their messiah Ron Paul. :dunno:

Not a problem. I consider it all a complement :cool:

We can't all be perfect! Welcome.

Welcome to USMB, Sovereign F.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

(I have bolded the important parts for you lazy people who cant be bothered to read yet another newbie introduction 5 miles long :lol:)

Hey :)

I was just surfing the net, trying to look for a good political forum and I happened to stumble across this one and it looked too good to pass up! I also think I may have either lurked on or joined this forum before, so apologies to the mods if I have another account on here somewhere (be my guest and delete it if it exists).

I studied United States politics for a year at college so, even though I am not a resident in the county (I have actually never even visited the Americas at all), I would like to think that I may have something to contribute here and there. The real political issues are pretty similar around the world anyway.

So, I used to be a member of the UK Labour Party. My voting history is as follows: Labour Party (Local Elections 2009) and UK Independence Party (EU Election 2009). It may interest you to know that I would have voted for John McCain in 2008 if I could have.
I have since given up voting because I realised that the political class are all, when it gets down to the real issues, the same. I did not vote in the UKs last General Election (the election which decides the Prime Minister and also the Parliament).

I'm pretty much just a geeky young guy looking to talk to you guys and to add some of you good people on social media such as Skype. I recently came out as a homosexual and some of my closest friends have rejected me because of it.

Thanks for reading! Ask me any questions you like :) Also, I should probably get to know you too while we're at it... what is your political leaning, what is your perfect day and what, to you, is the most important political issue today?

Sorry some of your friends are douchebags. Welcome aboard. Always nice to get the outside perspective. Though, if you'd have voted for McPalin, you are probably beyond saving.

Forum List

Back