Hi. Gabby guy here.

Welcome. Another new one here. I mostly just cruise the news forums looking for stories, being too lazy to do a lot of searches myself, and don't much care about 'debating' the undebatable or ideological junk, so you'll get to do all the talking in my case, lol. Seems like an active site, lots of forums, eh? Also like history and post on a couple of history forums.
Welcome to you, too, Dudley Smith. Hope you enjoy the USMB Message Boards as well. I've liked the name Dudley ever since Brandon Fraser (George of the Jungle) played Dudley Doright, Canadian Royal Mountie, a great comedy.

All newbies like the boards better if they follow the Rules and Guidelines our moderators penned so people would not get in trouble while posting here. Good manners make a board have happier members, and we have moderators from both conservative and liberal backgrounds. Any one of them will help you if you ask them.

Thank you.

The username is the name of the police chief in a book by James Elroy, LA Confidential ,also a movie. The movie was okay, but of course the book is much better.
Dudley Smith, Police Chief--thanks. I hope you will give a brief synopsis of the book in one of the Writing threads in the "Hobbies" area of the board. I neither read the book nor saw the movie, because my hobbies are mainly in the arts, visiting Ms. Foxfyre's coffe lounge, and ok, the Haiku thread in writing..

I think a thread about police in the writing boards would draw us closer to the nation's good guys, namely police and military, not to leave out emts, fire prevention personnel, and medicoes who have become first responders extraordinaire in nursing and doctoring roles. But police chiefs, that's a great field because they order training, discipline, policy issues and community information, not to mention interpreting crime statistics in their areas.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts. :thup:

Well, I'm not a police chief or a police officer, it was just a character out of the book, but thanks, and I will try to do the best I can.

Welcome. Another new one here. I mostly just cruise the news forums looking for stories, being too lazy to do a lot of searches myself, and don't much care about 'debating' the undebatable or ideological junk, so you'll get to do all the talking in my case, lol. Seems like an active site, lots of forums, eh? Also like history and post on a couple of history forums.
Welcome to you, too, Dudley Smith. Hope you enjoy the USMB Message Boards as well. I've liked the name Dudley ever since Brandon Fraser (George of the Jungle) played Dudley Doright, Canadian Royal Mountie, a great comedy.

All newbies like the boards better if they follow the Rules and Guidelines our moderators penned so people would not get in trouble while posting here. Good manners make a board have happier members, and we have moderators from both conservative and liberal backgrounds. Any one of them will help you if you ask them.

Thank you.

The username is the name of the police chief in a book by James Elroy, LA Confidential ,also a movie. The movie was okay, but of course the book is much better.
Dudley Smith, Police Chief--thanks. I hope you will give a brief synopsis of the book in one of the Writing threads in the "Hobbies" area of the board. I neither read the book nor saw the movie, because my hobbies are mainly in the arts, visiting Ms. Foxfyre's coffe lounge, and ok, the Haiku thread in writing..

I think a thread about police in the writing boards would draw us closer to the nation's good guys, namely police and military, not to leave out emts, fire prevention personnel, and medicoes who have become first responders extraordinaire in nursing and doctoring roles. But police chiefs, that's a great field because they order training, discipline, policy issues and community information, not to mention interpreting crime statistics in their areas.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts. :thup:

Well, I'm not a police chief or a police officer, it was just a character out of the book, but thanks, and I will try to do the best I can.
I'm not either, but my daughter retired from her police job 6 or 7 years ago and plays bagpipes at cop funerals in Vegas in her retirement. I became interested in forensics when I suspected a relative may have killed someone. I learned from the readings that if there is no evidence, no crime was likely committed. And I'm sure now that my suspicions were groundless. Fortunately, all that reading was very helpful to me.

Forum List

Back