Hi from the Aloha state

Haven't been to Hawaii since my first enlistment.
69-73

Welcome aboard

So how many years ago did you have a cold day there. :up: Really,what’s thelowest you can ever recall it being?

Oahu, my parents on my dad's side was from here.
One of my brother's has a shop in Honolulu and lives on the big island. We visited him in 2008....loved it there !! Had an awesome time ..... Went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, the Zoo, North Shore, parasailing ...Can't wait to go back...Welcome aboard.

I took this from the top of Diamond Head Crater.

View attachment 405000
Except traveling is not what it used to be anymore,hard to get excited anymore in this day and age,the world is never going to be the same again so going on vacations is ot what it used to be anymore.

Maui. My fav island!

I think there are a few here with aspergers so don't feel alone. Just have fun and welcome to the board.

And feel free to poke back...we can take it :)

Poke? Someone mention Poke?

1603519956266.png

And feel free to poke back...we can take it :)

Poke? Someone mention Poke?

View attachment 405892

I in Honolulu as well.

Of course living here, seems people here seem to hate hard rock or metal.

Back when i lived on the east coast i would hear stuff like the Scorpions,Iron Maiden,metallica,judas priest,and such.

But here seems radio stations are afraid to play anything like hard rock or metal.

I remember when KPOI would play something from Metallica,or black sabbath or such, then they would play something from Annie Lennox.

I'm like what does Annie Lennox have to do with hard rock or metal?

What up?

Did he already run off?

To be friendly...

I tried to be friendly enough to keep you coming back... Us folks that are long in the tooth spend quite a bit of time here, you younger folks don't spend as much time and it had been a couple of days since you had posted...

50 years ago I suppose I listened to hard rock or metal, but in the last 49 years not so much... Remember KDEO? The western most Country/Western radio station in the United States?
https://www.bizapedia.com/hi/kdeo-radio.html

The only "metal" I can think of way back when is Blue Cheer and their Summertime Blues. But was it metal or was it the beginning of hard rock? Don't know, don't care. They made me want Zepplin, Iron Butterfly, Hendrix, etc. Now I'm an old fogey and I listen to native american flute, enya and other soothing stuff. :spinner:

Gracie I probably don't know the difference between Metal and Hard Rock... I liked Uriah Heap, Spirit and a few others...
Never heard of 'em, lol. I was rock and roll. Not Elvis/Monkeys/Beatles style either. Joplin, Woodstock folks, Rolling Stones, etc.
But like I said now...gimme some shelter....flute and piano and creek sounds and rain. My rock days are way over. Well, except for a bit of Crosby Stills & Nash now and then. And I don't consider them rock. More like toke a joint cruisin music on a empty back road sorta thing.;)

The only "metal" I can think of way back when is Blue Cheer and their Summertime Blues. But was it metal or was it the beginning of hard rock? Don't know, don't care. They made me want Zepplin, Iron Butterfly, Hendrix, etc. Now I'm an old fogey and I listen to native american flute, enya and other soothing stuff. :spinner:

Yeah, much metal though has evolved into something that is unlistenable like black metal or death metal. But luckily there is power metal,but much of it is cheesy due to the lord of the rings/sword and sorcery lyrics.

I was reading that power metal emerged as a response to the dark themes of black/death metal.

Lord of the rings was enya and other ethereal music. Loved it.
Those 3 you just posted? Noise. Horrible noise. Then again, I'm old so..........

Lord of the rings was enya and other ethereal music. Loved it.
Those 3 you just posted? Noise. Horrible noise. Then again, I'm old so..........

I'm probably younger than you.

I'm 43 years old.

Forum List

Back