Hi everyone.

Names John.

Just encountered this fantastic looking site and I had to sign up and join in some of the wide-ranging debates during our lockdown here.

I'm from just outside Glasgow, Scotland in the UK and I'm interested in loads of different things (and have an opinion on most stuff) so will be great to get involved and get chatting with some of you.

Love USA as a country. Best country on earth IMO - I've visited Orlando, Charleston South Carolina, Myrtle Beach, Atlanta, Dallas, Atlantic City, Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, Boston, Salem, Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland.

Once this global pandemic is over (and I'm back in employment) I'll be making it a priority to get back across and tick more fantastic towns/cities off my to-see list !! - my main goal in life in literally to see as much of America as I can.

In the meantime I come in peace and hope to join in the debates and (hopefully) make some new friends - you never know.
Just watch out for Tommy Taint, he is a bloody bloke who is a Muslim lover and hates on the US all the time. But welcome. I have relatives who own the Blair Castle...

100_0466.JPG

Cheers for the welcome.

Dunno if you're winding me up regards the castle though LOL. I thought a charity owned/operated it, but I'm probably wrong.

Mate, on this site everyone is wrong. Just ask the next poster.
Don't listen to him, he's wrong.

Wait --- you're telling a Scot to bring rain gear?
shakehead.gif

Oh hell yeah ... Scotland is flat, girly amounts of rain off that pathetic excuse of an ocean ... roll your storm across 15,000 miles of cold Pacific waters and slam it into a 10,000 foot ridge ... the air bleeds out water ... just up-slope we get 8 feet of rain per year ... in the foothills 12 feet is common ... the radar site atop Mt Hebo averaged 16 feet of rain during the thirty years the site was manned ...

Scotland gets windy ... Scotland gets cold ... neither afflicts Western Oregon very much ... so I'd grade Oregon weather as much more milder, just rains all the time ... and do the math, if it rains every day for 100 inches per year, that's only 1/4 inch per day ... literally more of a very heavy fog runnign up to a light rain ...

shakehead.gif

Oh hell yeah ... Scotland is flat, girly amounts of rain off that pathetic excuse of an ocean ... roll your storm across 15,000 miles of cold Pacific waters and slam it into a 10,000 foot ridge ... the air bleeds out water ... just up-slope we get 8 feet of rain per year ... in the foothills 12 feet is common ... the radar site atop Mt Hebo averaged 16 feet of rain during the thirty years the site was manned ...

Scotland gets windy ... Scotland gets cold ... neither afflicts Western Oregon very much ... so I'd grade Oregon weather as much more milder, just rains all the time ... and do the math, if it rains every day for 100 inches per year, that's only 1/4 inch per day ... literally more of a very heavy fog runnign up to a light rain ...

1611636456864.png

Names John.

Just encountered this fantastic looking site and I had to sign up and join in some of the wide-ranging debates during our lockdown here.

I'm from just outside Glasgow, Scotland in the UK and I'm interested in loads of different things (and have an opinion on most stuff) so will be great to get involved and get chatting with some of you.

Love USA as a country. Best country on earth IMO - I've visited Orlando, Charleston South Carolina, Myrtle Beach, Atlanta, Dallas, Atlantic City, Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, Boston, Salem, Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland.

Once this global pandemic is over (and I'm back in employment) I'll be making it a priority to get back across and tick more fantastic towns/cities off my to-see list !! - my main goal in life in literally to see as much of America as I can.

In the meantime I come in peace and hope to join in the debates and (hopefully) make some new friends - you never know.
Better get here quick then! All the Cities you mentioned have been shutdown burned and looted. Stupid people burned their own support systems down and have to drive or ride a bus across town to buy food in some places. Better catch the next flight to somewhere other than the cities you mentioned. Have fun here lots of opinions looking forward to yours ….. welcome mate!

Yeah it saddens me seeing what's going on.

It's tragic. But I've found you can't win either way when you give an opinion on it so I just sit from afar, hoping things get better and the world get's back to normal soon.

I enjoyed some of the places more than others, but even the places I found to be a bit crap (like Detroit - apologies if anyone reading is from there) was still a great experience. Would go back in a heartbeat so either I'm insane or it's not that crap really.
Stay away from the Badlands for a while. It's a part of the forum which can get as testy as a rangers/Celtic game of football.....and just as uncivil!!!

I usually post there; thick skin and being a bit of a bastard helps.

Greg

I'm an avid Rangers supporter (actually seen them play in the States - New York, Florida twice and Charleston) - so I'm used to being called all sorts here due to that! hah

I've travelled all around Europe watching them too - seen then play matches in Ireland, England, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Israel, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Italy, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Poland, Dubai, Greece, Romania, Canada, Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, Switzerland & Cyprus.

A lot of them multiple times depending on the what the fixture draws throw up.

As you can tell, travelling is my passion in life and when I can combine with watching my team then it's win-win.
I don't follow soccer...er..."football". Rugby man.

However, NSW V Qld in State of Origin I'm told is something like the R/C rivalry.........but still below on the passion level. You will do well to remind yourself; your political "opposites" here are just Celtic supporters in disguise.

Greg

Is it pronounced hard K celtics...or S celtics? I've heard both but never know which one is correct.

Meanwhile...I always wanted to see Scotland. And Ireland. My roots calling me, I guess.

Is it pronounced hard K celtics...or S celtics? I've heard both but never know which one is correct.

Meanwhile...I always wanted to see Scotland. And Ireland. My roots calling me, I guess.
I think it's the S.sound...................my source? Rod Stewart

3:01

Greg

Names John.

Better get here quick then! All the Cities you mentioned have been shutdown burned and looted. Stupid people burned their own support systems down and have to drive or ride a bus across town to buy food in some places. Better catch the next flight to somewhere other than the cities you mentioned. Have fun here lots of opinions looking forward to yours ….. welcome mate!

Yeah it saddens me seeing what's going on.

It's tragic. But I've found you can't win either way when you give an opinion on it so I just sit from afar, hoping things get better and the world get's back to normal soon.

I enjoyed some of the places more than others, but even the places I found to be a bit crap (like Detroit - apologies if anyone reading is from there) was still a great experience. Would go back in a heartbeat so either I'm insane or it's not that crap really.
Stay away from the Badlands for a while. It's a part of the forum which can get as testy as a rangers/Celtic game of football.....and just as uncivil!!!

I usually post there; thick skin and being a bit of a bastard helps.

Greg

I'm an avid Rangers supporter (actually seen them play in the States - New York, Florida twice and Charleston) - so I'm used to being called all sorts here due to that! hah

I've travelled all around Europe watching them too - seen then play matches in Ireland, England, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Israel, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Italy, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Poland, Dubai, Greece, Romania, Canada, Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, Switzerland & Cyprus.

A lot of them multiple times depending on the what the fixture draws throw up.

As you can tell, travelling is my passion in life and when I can combine with watching my team then it's win-win.
Need to do it before the green new deal sets in. Otherwise it will be a slow boat from China that will bring you across the Atlantic...

What's the new Green deal entail mate?
Depending on sunshine to power your car...in Scotland??? lmao

Greg

shakehead.gif

You never been to the Highlands?? They're high enough.

Greg

Names John.

Welcome...but why do you like warm beer?...

That old chestnut again:102:

It's room temperature.

Why do you put shelf loads of ice in drinks that are ice cold already? :eusa_dance:

Names John.

Thanks.

Warm beer? what joke am I missing? lol

They love that one.

Wait till they start on the teeth. Obviously not having visited Louisiana.

:lolly:

Names John.

It's room temperature.

Why do you put shelf loads of ice in drinks that are ice cold already? :eusa_dance:
I think Ram's thinking of lagers.......served chilled in the UK as well if I recall. Room temp in the UK is usually quite low; here it's about 25oC on a mild day.

Greg

Names John.

It's room temperature.

I think Ram's thinking of lagers.......served chilled in the UK as well if I recall. Room temp in the UK is usually quite low; here it's about 25oC on a mild day.

Greg

Haven’t been to the UK for three years, so I can’t compare.

Names John.

Thanks.

Warm beer? what joke am I missing? lol

They love that one.

Wait till they start on the teeth. Obviously not having visited Louisiana.

:lolly:

.......or New York.....

1611656104268.png

Greg

Forum List

Back