Hi everyone.

Names John.

Just encountered this fantastic looking site and I had to sign up and join in some of the wide-ranging debates during our lockdown here.

I'm from just outside Glasgow, Scotland in the UK and I'm interested in loads of different things (and have an opinion on most stuff) so will be great to get involved and get chatting with some of you.

Love USA as a country. Best country on earth IMO - I've visited Orlando, Charleston South Carolina, Myrtle Beach, Atlanta, Dallas, Atlantic City, Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, Boston, Salem, Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland.

Once this global pandemic is over (and I'm back in employment) I'll be making it a priority to get back across and tick more fantastic towns/cities off my to-see list !! - my main goal in life in literally to see as much of America as I can.

In the meantime I come in peace and hope to join in the debates and (hopefully) make some new friends - you never know.
Better get here quick then! All the Cities you mentioned have been shutdown burned and looted. Stupid people burned their own support systems down and have to drive or ride a bus across town to buy food in some places. Better catch the next flight to somewhere other than the cities you mentioned. Have fun here lots of opinions looking forward to yours ….. welcome mate!

Yeah it saddens me seeing what's going on.

It's tragic. But I've found you can't win either way when you give an opinion on it so I just sit from afar, hoping things get better and the world get's back to normal soon.

I enjoyed some of the places more than others, but even the places I found to be a bit crap (like Detroit - apologies if anyone reading is from there) was still a great experience. Would go back in a heartbeat so either I'm insane or it's not that crap really.

is this another joke like the warm beer that's just went flying right over my head?

Absolutely a joke ... but a warning as well ... plenty of contrarians here so expect to be told that you're wrong many many times ...

I live in western Oregon and we can make a claim to being the beer capital of the world ... something like a thousand different breweries in Portland alone ... it's nice getting a delicate ale from vat to living room in just a couple of weeks ... God knows I hate IPA ...

is this another joke like the warm beer that's just went flying right over my head?

Absolutely a joke ... but a warning as well ... plenty of contrarians here so expect to be told that you're wrong many many times ...

I live in western Oregon and we can make a claim to being the beer capital of the world ... something like a thousand different breweries in Portland alone ... it's nice getting a delicate ale from vat to living room in just a couple of weeks ... God knows I hate IPA ...

Oregon is without doubt near the top of my list of places to go next. I've not looked into the logistics of it yet but I'd hope to do perhaps Minnesota, Seattle, Oregon then San Fran in the one go over a space of maybe 10-days or something - but I'd need to examine the practicalities when things are normal again.

Names John.

Just encountered this fantastic looking site and I had to sign up and join in some of the wide-ranging debates during our lockdown here.

I'm from just outside Glasgow, Scotland in the UK and I'm interested in loads of different things (and have an opinion on most stuff) so will be great to get involved and get chatting with some of you.

Love USA as a country. Best country on earth IMO - I've visited Orlando, Charleston South Carolina, Myrtle Beach, Atlanta, Dallas, Atlantic City, Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, Boston, Salem, Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland.

Once this global pandemic is over (and I'm back in employment) I'll be making it a priority to get back across and tick more fantastic towns/cities off my to-see list !! - my main goal in life in literally to see as much of America as I can.

In the meantime I come in peace and hope to join in the debates and (hopefully) make some new friends - you never know.
Better get here quick then! All the Cities you mentioned have been shutdown burned and looted. Stupid people burned their own support systems down and have to drive or ride a bus across town to buy food in some places. Better catch the next flight to somewhere other than the cities you mentioned. Have fun here lots of opinions looking forward to yours ….. welcome mate!

It's tragic. But I've found you can't win either way when you give an opinion on it so I just sit from afar, hoping things get better and the world get's back to normal soon.

I enjoyed some of the places more than others, but even the places I found to be a bit crap (like Detroit - apologies if anyone reading is from there) was still a great experience. Would go back in a heartbeat so either I'm insane or it's not that crap really.
Stay away from the Badlands for a while. It's a part of the forum which can get as testy as a rangers/Celtic game of football.....and just as uncivil!!!

I usually post there; thick skin and being a bit of a bastard helps.

Greg

Names John.

Just watch out for Tommy Taint, he is a bloody bloke who is a Muslim lover and hates on the US all the time. But welcome. I have relatives who own the Blair Castle...

100_0466.JPG

Cheers for the welcome.

Dunno if you're winding me up regards the castle though LOL. I thought a charity owned/operated it, but I'm probably wrong.

Mate, on this site everyone is wrong. Just ask the next poster.

Oregon is without doubt near the top of my list of places to go next. I've not looked into the logistics of it yet but I'd hope to do perhaps Minnesota, Seattle, Oregon then San Fran in the one go over a space of maybe 10-days or something - but I'd need to examine the practicalities when things are normal again.

My understanding is the area between Seattle and San Francisco is very much like the west coast of Ireland or Scotland ... except we have real mountains here ... the Cascades and Sierras are dotted with 3,000 meter peaks ... a few up to 4,000 meters ... and Crater Lake is a 20 mile wide hollowed out mountain that exploded ... woot ...

Bring rain gear ... rains every day all day long ...

My understanding is the area between Seattle and San Francisco is very much like the west coast of Ireland or Scotland ... except we have real mountains here ... the Cascades and Sierras are dotted with 3,000 meter peaks ... a few up to 4,000 meters ... and Crater Lake is a 20 mile wide hollowed out mountain that exploded ... woot ...

Bring rain gear ... rains every day all day long ...

Wait --- you're telling a Scot to bring rain gear?
shakehead.gif

Last edited:
Names John.

Stay away from the Badlands for a while. It's a part of the forum which can get as testy as a rangers/Celtic game of football.....and just as uncivil!!!

Greg

I'm an avid Rangers supporter (actually seen them play in the States - New York, Florida twice and Charleston) - so I'm used to being called all sorts here due to that! hah

I've travelled all around Europe watching them too - seen then play matches in Ireland, England, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Israel, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Italy, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Poland, Dubai, Greece, Romania, Canada, Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, Switzerland & Cyprus.

A lot of them multiple times depending on the what the fixture draws throw up.

As you can tell, travelling is my passion in life and when I can combine with watching my team then it's win-win.

Burns day? Oh would that God the giftie gie us to see oursels as others see us!

:thanks:
Is that Robert Burns?
When I loaded 3 words of the beloved author's quotation, bing located it, and yes, it is my beloved favorite poet's words, although I may have shredded his dear dialect... unwittinglygly. My church was founded in Scotland, so I am indebted to their church government, whose founding father gave us Representative government.
Forgive my shameless blind love and pride for all things Scottish. :redface:

Names John.

Greg

I'm an avid Rangers supporter (actually seen them play in the States - New York, Florida twice and Charleston) - so I'm used to being called all sorts here due to that! hah

I've travelled all around Europe watching them too - seen then play matches in Ireland, England, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Israel, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Italy, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Poland, Dubai, Greece, Romania, Canada, Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, Switzerland & Cyprus.

As you can tell, travelling is my passion in life and when I can combine with watching my team then it's win-win.
Need to do it before the green new deal sets in. Otherwise it will be a slow boat from China that will bring you across the Atlantic...

Names John.

Greg

Need to do it before the green new deal sets in. Otherwise it will be a slow boat from China that will bring you across the Atlantic...

What's the new Green deal entail mate?

Names John.

Greg

What's the new Green deal entail mate?

He's breaking the rules. Specifically no politics in Intro threads. :nono:
Suffice to say it's got nothing to do with Ireland.

New Topics

Forum List

Back