Hezbollah, Iran and the Syrian forces on the Golan Heights

In the OP's cited article it states that Iran is the furthest away of the hostiles this might make the world a little smaller.

Saudi Arabia to allow Israel use of its airspace to strike Iran report RT News
February 27, 2015 00:10
“The Saudis have declared their readiness for the Israeli Air Force to overfly Saudi air space en route to attack Iran if an attack is necessary,” the report stated. In return for cooperation, Saudi Arabia wants to see some “progress” on the Palestinian issue.

The move will reportedly allow Israel to bomb targets in Iran by offering a shortcut, which will save fuel and time.​

everyone is so busy focusing on ISIS
I'm seeing some megatrends going on that are very worrisome. Saudi King just entertained an audience with Pakistan's leader for example. Nothing unusual on the face of it I am sure but attacks and captures add another dimension to it. Plus news on Qatar is showing up on a regular basis lately. Egypt called Hamas a terrorist organization, after Hezbollah and Hamas agree to work together, perhaps no correlation but worth putting in that 'keep an eye on' bin. Oh the other hand Egypt just signed a military hardware contract with Russia. Netanyahu and Mossad in a quarrel but I have heard the term 'intelligence failure' more than once on our side. There is some much going on ISIS becomes just another factor in a very large picture.

Here's one: Mossad says Iran not going after bomb, Mossad is performing cyber attacks against Iran. How does that one fit into Saudi Arabia and airspace???

My apologies as this is off topic but I think it sums up well some developing realities on the ground in the Middle East.
Al-Sisi refuses intervention amid Egyptian-Turkish turmoil - Daily News Egypt
Egyptian and Turkish heads of state fly to Saudi Arabia for talks with King Salman bin Abdulaziz, media reports suggest a Saudi brokered reconciliation between the two clashing countries.

Appearing on television the night before his meeting with the Saudi King, President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi said that his and Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s presence at the same time in Saudi Arabia is a mere coincidence. Al-Sisi demanded that Erdoğan stop intervening in Egypt’s internal affairs.

Saudi Arabia had previously attempted to harmonise Egypt’s relations with Qatar, another country in conflict with Egypt. The Gulf nations, with the exception of Qatar, have been supportive of Egypt’s government since the overthrow of former president Mohamed Morsi in July 2013. Egyptian-Qatari relations witnessed a slight improvement by the end of the year, followed by improvement of relations between Egypt and Turkey.

It appears, however, that Turkey is “retreating”, as reported by Egypt’s state-run newspaper Al-Ahram. The recent change in Qatar’s foreign policy towards Egypt was a direct factor for Turkey, Chairman of the International Relations Bureau of the Turkish Workers’ Party Yunus Soner told Daily News Egypt. The Turkish government is taking slow but certain steps to strengthen relations with Egypt, he said.​

everyone is so busy focusing on ISIS
I'm seeing some megatrends going on that are very worrisome. Saudi King just entertained an audience with Pakistan's leader for example. Nothing unusual on the face of it I am sure but attacks and captures add another dimension to it. Plus news on Qatar is showing up on a regular basis lately. Egypt called Hamas a terrorist organization, after Hezbollah and Hamas agree to work together, perhaps no correlation but worth putting in that 'keep an eye on' bin. Oh the other hand Egypt just signed a military hardware contract with Russia. Netanyahu and Mossad in a quarrel but I have heard the term 'intelligence failure' more than once on our side. There is some much going on ISIS becomes just another factor in a very large picture.

alliances of any type are complicated and more to do with a particular need , or survival, than of philosophy or principles.
When you have no other choice, you will take help from anyone that offers. It is not with ties of adopting a different belief or rules.
If your roof was leaking and a local mosque came with hammers and wood to help you fix it, would you refuse because of their faith or out of some belief it was conditional?
"Alliences" and cooperation in the middle east is much the same. Sometimes it is need, politics, a shared enemy, a shared belief, sometimes it is down to just poor survival. You can get help from several groups, even at the same time, if that is what is needed......and things can change a short time later.

New Topics

Forum List

Back