Hey, something nonviolent RE: the pope

Kagom

Jan 16, 2006
Vicksburg, MS
This is taken from a forum my friend gave me the link to. I just want to show not everyone's reacting violently is all. No bashing or cries of Islamofascism sympathy. I'll just ignore it.

Assalamu Alaikum.

It is indeed unfortunate that Cardinal Ratzinger would speak in the manner that he did, because it shows that he does not have the sufficient cultural and scholarly sophistication to engage in any interfaith dialogue between Islam and Christianity. I am dismayed that such a man, who has displayed his inherent naivety and socio-cultural incompetence, was chosen to succeed Pope John Paul II, who channeled the direction of his pontificate towards trying to bridge the gaps between the Abrahamic faiths.

Pope John Paul II was a man who I deeply respected and deemed a man of God, although he was not a Muslim and many times I did not agree with his views and sermons. Any esteemed religious authority, especially one in the position of Pope, should look for ways to preach tolerance and enlightened understanding, and should look to bridge the gaps between the Abrahamic faiths as John Paul II did.

Unfortunatly, Cardinal Ratzinger has made it abundantly clear that he does not look forward to any type of serious intellectual discussion between Islam and Christianity. This is manifested not only in his initial remarks, but in his latest ones as well. Instead of recognizing his mistake and apologizing, Cardinal Ratzinger did the opposite. What he said was that he "deeply regrets" the fact that Muslims were offended, instead of issuing an apology for what he said or retracting his statements or clarifying what he meant to say. Then he went on to cite a passage of the New Testament which highlights the gulf between Jewish, Christian, and Muslim perspectives on the alleged 'crucifixion' of Jesus. Can the man not help himself?

Not only was there no apology in his words, but he was not even able to display enough intellectual integrity to clarify his statement and/or position on the issue. In all honesty, he spoke more like a common politician than a religious figure and this is quite disappointing. This whole issue shows that Cardinal Ratzinger’s increasing intolerance and lack of cultural and scholarly sophistication does not qualify him to engage in any concrete interfaith dialogue between Islam and Christianity.

On the heels of such comments, I no longer take what Cardinal Ratzinger says seriously; at least not until he displays at least some level of intrinsic intellectual competence with respect to interfaith dialogue and Islam. Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance, and its history is one of intellectual advocation, scientific and philosophical achievement, and moral supremacy, where as the history of Christianity is quite different. The Holy Qur’an says:

"Verily, those who believe (in the Qur'an) which was revealed unto thee, and those who are the Jews and the Christians and the Sabians -- any whosoever believeth in God and the Last Day (of judgement), and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." [The Holy Qur’an 2:62]

This is Islam’s inherent message of tolerance. Islam has no charge against the People of the Book, the Jews and the Christians, that their Prophets are "evil and inhuman" and in fact Islam is the only religion to accept all the Prophets of God and hold them in high accord without intolerance, rejection, or hatred. Islam preaches tolerance and understanding between the Abrahamic faiths, and cautions Muslims to only deal in the best way with others:

"Call unto the way of your Lord with wisdom and good exhortation, and reason with them in the best way. Lo! your Lord best knows those who go astray from His path, and He knows best those who are rightly guided." [The Holy Qur’an 16:125]

Verily, “there is no compulsion in religion” as the Holy Qur’an clearly delineates, and in fact, it is the mark of a true Muslim to display such tolerance in the way of Allah SWT when intolerance and hatred is thrown against us, we have clear instruction from Allah SWT:

"And when they hear vain talk, they turn away from it and say: "To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we do not seek out the ignorant." [The Holy Qur’an 28:55]

Such is my answer, and the answer of the Holy Qur’an and Islam to Cardinal Ratzinger and all others who have nothing but hatred, contempt, and intolerance towards Islam. To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we do not seek out the ignorant. And let Allah SWT be the Judge, for verily He is the best of All Judges.

Wassalamu Alaikum.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92609

so why don't you and your friend convert to Islam...at least you would have to give up your homosexual tendencies...less ya lose your head or something else!

so why don't you and your friend convert to Islam...at least you would have to give up your homosexual tendencies...less ya lose your head or something else!
Archangel, what is your deal? I have an interest in Eastern religions, which is no big secret, but I won't convert to any religion. I believe they're all wrong in some way, shape, or form.

Archangel, what is your deal? I have an interest in Eastern religions, which is no big secret, but I won't convert to any religion. I believe they're all wrong in some way, shape, or form.

if you are referring to my agenda...simple really setting fools right...you not only place yourselves in jeopardy but my family and me...so please don't hide behind the 'I am interested in religion' when you make a stupid political statement in guise of!:crutch:

if you are referring to my agenda...simple really setting fools right...you not only place yourselves in jeopardy but my family and me...so please don't hide behind the 'I am interested in religion' when you make a stupid political statement in guise of!:crutch:
Yeah, just attack me. It really makes you look superior. I do have an interest and it's nothing more. You're trying to make it out as more and you're failing.

Yeah, just attack me. It really makes you look superior. I do have an interest and it's nothing more. You're trying to make it out as more and you're failing.

Actually, Arch has a point. The left is bending every which way to find something 'reasonable' going on in Islam. They just won't believe what the Islamicists themselves are saying.

They would kill you Kagom, while demanding taxes from heterosexual, (proclaimed anyways), Christians/Jews (not in Israel, those they'd like to nuke, Iran is working on it). Notice, atheists and agnostics are not people of the book, so they to would be with the gays, whores, etc. It's their words, not mine. You do not deserve to live. (Funny, but right now the big complaint from gays in US is marriage, just wait. I think there is something more pressing and oppressive awaiting.)

and this is why you posted this thread in 'Current Events' when in fact this issue is already being discussed...why did you not post it in the religion thread then...? So I guess this makes me superior,condescending and on the attack...gimmee a break!

and this is why you posted this thread in 'Current Events' when in fact this issue is already being discussed...why did you not post it in the religion thread then...? So I guess this makes me superior,condescending and on the attack...gimmee a break!

I have to agree, and am moving it. Good call Arch!

I"m going to say this once and only once: I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF ISLAM. I DO NOT WANT TO APPEASE THE TERRORISTS. Thanks.

And it belongs in the current events page because it is a current event and it portrays not all Muslims are answering with violence.

I"m going to say this once and only once: I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF ISLAM. I DO NOT WANT TO APPEASE THE TERRORISTS. Thanks.

And it belongs in the current events page because it is a current event and it portrays not all Muslims are answering with violence.

I and Kathianne were correct you were making a political statement vs a interest in religion!

thats why pale would be there he stirs me away from "Trouble" at least he did last Sunday!.....:beer:

Somehow I think we are talking different ideas, but still and all it's the thought that counts. :beer:

I and Kathianne were correct you were making a political statement vs a interest in religion!
I disagree. I wasn't making any political statement aside from the fact that not all Muslims are displaying violent rage over Ratzinger's commentary.

My interest in religions of the East have no hold over any of my political views or what I've posted.

I disagree. I wasn't making any political statement aside from the fact that not all Muslims are displaying violent rage over Ratzinger's commentary.

My interest in religions of the East have no hold over any of my political views or what I've posted.

Actually, way more are reacting in anger than would have been supposed, considering what the remarks were. Either the Islamic world is much less educated than I guessed or the idiots are in control. I guess this should be considered redundant.

Actually, way more are reacting in anger than would have been supposed, considering what the remarks were. Either the Islamic world is much less educated than I guessed or the idiots are in control. I guess this should be considered redundant.
In the Eastern parts of the world they ARE less educated. Few can read and write and some protest because they may have been promised something (and no, I'm not saying that's the majority, I'm saying "some").

In the Eastern parts of the world they ARE less educated. Few can read and write and some protest because they may have been promised something (and no, I'm not saying that's the majority, I'm saying "some").
So who rules the assylum? The idiots or the educated? Are the educated likely to put a lid on it? Seems not.

Who rules? I say those who are educated. BUt they are manipulative and deceitful.

So we should ignore. Considering all the more truly worrisome areas, they have made a huge mistake. If they were poor and suffering, hoping for democracy...

If they were oppressed and hoping for more freedoms...

But they are not.

Forum List

Back