Hey Obama! Students and bartenders are talking about your Obamacare!

johnwk

Gold Member
May 24, 2009

SEE: Obama urges young supporters to talk up Obamacare

"Getting specific, Obama urged student body leaders to organize conferences and bartenders to organize happy hours "and also probably get health insurance because most bartenders don't have it."

The fact is, everyone is talking about Obamacare, especially how it impinges upon our younger generations’ inalienable right to make their own medical and health care decisions which would include deciding whether or not to purchase health insurance, or purchasing health insurance tailored to their own personal needs and wants.

Tell us Obama, why do you persist in ignoring our Constitution which reserves this right to the people of America under the Ninth Amendment to our Constitution?

Since Congress has not been granted power to regulate the American Peoples’ fundamental right to make their own medical and health care decisions ___ an inalienable right preexisting our existing constitution and a power retained by the People under the Ninth Amendment __ is it not plain as day that it would be a usurpation of power by you to levy any tax or penalty upon an our nation's younger generation for not having federally approved health insurance, and doing so would violate settled law?

The fact is, it is settled law that A legislative act which "impinges upon a fundamental right explicitly or implicitly secured by the Constitution is presumptively unconstitutional." See: Harris v. McRae United States Supreme Court (1980) Also see City of Mobile v. Bolden, 466 U.S. 55, 76, 100 S.Ct. 1490, 64 L.Ed.2d 47 (1980)

Come now Obama, how about coming clean and apologize to our nation’s younger generation for trampling upon their fundamental right to make their own medical and health care decisions and choices?

JWK

"The mere chilling of a Constitutional right by a penalty on its exercise is patently unconstitutional." Shapiro v. Thompson, 394 U.S. 618

Yeah...encourage people to donate into the system...good luck with that.
$10,000 deductible with 40% copay is not insurance.

Yeah, that crappy Wal Mart insurance.

Actually the insurance that WalMart employees pay for is not all that bad.. comparable to what I have from my company...
Now, mine is not as good as it was when I was with AOL or WorldCom in the past.... but it is better than most of the policies on Obamalamacare in terms of price, deductibles, co-pays, etc

My half sister and her husband went to work for WalMart out of high school. They certainly had insurance. They transferred from a Colorado store to a Georgia store and retired on a WalMart 401k retirement plan. Not only did they work for WalMart but their daughter went to work for WalMart, took advantage of their educational benefits plan and got a WalMart paid degree. She works at the corporate office in Arkansas.

While I do not shop at WalMart locally because the stores are in areas I wouldn't go to. I do shop WalMart on line regularly.

Can't bartenders be navigators and give out free drinks with sign ups? Or, are not enough bartenders ex cons and felons and don't qualify to be navigators.

and now the government has told the insurances

just guess at how much we owe ya

--LOL

can it get any more frikkin unbelievable

The younger folks are finding out they're being hosed by the BarryCare costs. Which is something our asswipe of a president 'forgot' to tell them while campaigning for their votes.

The fact is, it is settled law that A legislative act which "impinges upon a fundamental right explicitly or implicitly secured by the Constitution is presumptively unconstitutional." See: Harris v. McRae United States Supreme Court (1980) Also see City of Mobile v. Bolden, 466 U.S. 55, 76, 100 S.Ct. 1490, 64 L.Ed.2d 47 (1980)

Come now Obama, how about coming clean and apologize to our nation’s younger generation for trampling upon their fundamental right to make their own medical and health care decisions and choices?

JWK

The individual mandate was proposed by the right wing Heritage Foundation in 1989: Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans.

Mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance. Many states now require passengers in automobiles to wear seatbelts for their own protection. Many others require anybody driving a car to have li a bility insurance. But neither the federal government nor any state requires all households to protect themselves from the potentially catastrophic costs of a serious accident or illness. Under the Heritage plan, there would be such a requirement.

We then see Republicans ran with this and see the individual mandate proposed by the Senate Republicans as an alternative to HillaryCare in 1993: Health Equity and Access Reform Today Act of 1993

INDIVIDUAL MANDATE- The Secretary shall specifically make recommendations under paragraph (1) regarding establishing a requirement that all eligible individuals obtain health coverage through enrollment with a qualified health plan.

In 2007, Senator Ron Wyden, Democrat from Oregon, introduced the Healthy Americans Act, which was co-sponsored by 20 Republicans and contained an individual mandate.

JWK

The individual mandate was proposed by the right wing Heritage Foundation in 1989: Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans.

And your point is?

JWK

If we can make the majority of America’s families dependent upon federal government subsistence programs, we can then bribe them for their vote, keep ourselves in power and keep the remaining portion of America’s productive population enslaved to pay the bills ___Our Washington Establishment’s Marxist game plan, a plan to establish a federal plantation and redistribute the wealth which America’s labor, businesses and investors have worked to produced.

And tell me what bartender could afford health insurance? This is kind of funny the left complains people don't make enough money but think they have enough money to buy Obama care..

And tell me what bartender could afford health insurance? This is kind of funny the left complains people don't make enough money but think they have enough money to buy Obama care..

They could definitely afford a health insurance plan without all outrageous bells and whistles attached to it under Obamacare.

JWK

"The mere chilling of a Constitutional right by a penalty on its exercise is patently unconstitutional." Shapiro v. Thompson, 394 U.S. 618

Forum List

Back