Hey, if you happen to see the most beautiful flowers in the world, share!

A couple of weeks ago through to last week, I planted some more roses. A white knockout, a hot pink knockout, couple of climbers--red and light pink, a peace rose, floribunda, light pink rose, a fragrant floribunda, and another red and yellow either knockouts or floribunda, depending on what I found. I'm wishing I could replicate the Japanese Gardens in Portland, Oregon where we frequently visited in blooming season. As I recollect, it's next door to a pretty good zoo\, and a lake with more flower garden in the vicinity. Portland has this amazing flower area, and the first time we were there, May 10 of the year 1978, the rhododendrons were in full bloom. amazing place. we lived south in North Albany for 4 years before our year in Medford Oregon, where I planted 24 of nearby Jackson and Perkins "Shreveport" roses, which is now out of patent and not sold any more for some reason. What I'd give for a couple of Shreveport rose cuttings. I took no cuttings because the weather in Wyoming is not particularly wonderful for wannabe master gardeners. I can't even find a picture online, but as I recollect they were colorfully pink and orange combinations. and I think but am not sure whether they were floribundas or tea roses. I called J & P about a month ago. No Shreveport Roses, not anymore. :( They have some really pretty substitutes, but the Shreveport was the real deal. imho. I'll see if I can find some colors I think I planted.

Red blaze type climber and a yellow rose climber, or was it a light pinky? lol
1647435126350.png
1647435204751.png
1647435297594.png

LOL...C'mon man
I got weeds better'n them

kramerianum-jpg.298402
I was looking up "dragon fruit" plants before I got here this morning. Unfortunately, it's likely too cold up here. I think they're native to central America somewhere, and they're supposed to be dynamite for nutritional purposes, though I have never tasted a dragon fruit, and I think I'm going to get a greenhouse this year if it's tall enough to have an arboretum. Getting stuff pollinated would be a challlenge for an amateur like me, though. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful "weed." It looks like an exotic orchid of sorts.

I was looking up "dragon fruit" plants before I got here this morning. Unfortunately, it's likely too cold up here. I think they're native to central America somewhere, and they're supposed to be dynamite for nutritional purposes, though I have never tasted a dragon fruit, and I think I'm going to get a greenhouse this year if it's tall enough to have an arboretum. Getting stuff pollinated would be a challlenge for an amateur like me, though. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful "weed." It looks like an exotic orchid of sorts.
I called it Oncidium Papilio...40 years ago
Schoolboys reclassified it as Psychopsis Kramerianum.
Dragonfruit is all over the place here.It's a love/hate thing like avocado or papaya.

The one to do in a greenhouse is this thing
Pear cactus. Cut off paddles and skin it like a fish.
image742.png

I'm so astonished at the lovely samples you all contributed to taking my breath away! Thanks, everybody!

I loaded "the most fragrant rose in the world" into my browser, and it produced six long pages of different fragrant roses in every color imaginable. That cured me of the notion that fragrant roses had to be a deep pink color. I wonder if they will ever have "scratch and sniff" capabilities online some day. Nah... it would have to be well.... no it wouldn't. I wonder who will be the one who figures out how to send a fragrant rose scent online. Well, it could cause havoc on someone who is allergic to floral scents. Who knows? Maybe they could invent a hypoallergenic scent machine. Allergies suck. If I touch my tongue to a piece of fresh pineapple, it bleeds before I can count to three. so maybe they already figured it out and thought better of it due to someone who has a severe reaction to the valent on the scent molecule.

Ok, some sweet-smelling roses if scents That I found that hopefully aren't bothersome to your system:

1654652701373.png

1654652810221.png

1654652875648.png

1654652932065.png

1654653016326.png

1654653677426.png

1654653176050.png

There a ton of other fragrant roses on bing. Probably other browser sites have good images as well. The sight of a beautiful rose is wonderful. the pretty green leaves and scent are another type of true beauty in roses.

Attachments

• 1654653102818.png
    1654653102818.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 44
I called it Oncidium Papilio...40 years ago
Schoolboys reclassified it as Psychopsis Kramerianum.
Dragonfruit is all over the place here.It's a love/hate thing like avocado or papaya.

The one to do in a greenhouse is this thing
Pear cactus. Cut off paddles and skin it like a fish.
image742.png

That is real pretty, Likkme. We lived in Wyoming and spent weekends on our 40 acres in Rolling Hills that had the prettiest pink pincushion cacti. I counted 50 one spring, which means I had to do a lot of walking and paying attention to these little gems in a kind of grid fashion. Other than the spring, it was pretty barren back in the 70s and 80s. I found a couple of online pictures of the pink pincushion cactuses, but the ones we had only had one pink flower on top apiece. sorry, we didn't take the camera that day.

1654655195765.png

Ours were very small flowers on tiny little pincushions. I'll try to find another, but the above is the colors of our spring prarie bouquet.

OK, but ours were spread out so far it was hard to find them, and they tended to be buried under last year's straw a lot. It took a couple of hours
to find all 50 of them, but each one just took my breath away, because the 7-9 month winters were pretty dull colored. Our area was dry a lot.
1654655368692.png

Forum List

Back