Hey..actual gun guys....what do you think of the Straight Pull rifles? Or the lever action AR-15 from Britain?

Straight pull rifles have been around since forever, my dad had one that's from like 1970. They never really caught on.

As far as a lever action "ar"? Why? I've got a couple of old school.cowboy rifles just for fun but I see no point in that.

I think the straight pull might catch on with the next generation of hunters/shooters... But those of us already used to rotating lock bolt actions...I see no incentive to change over.

Last edited:
The straight pull rifle seems like a logical step...

The lever action AR? Seems pretty silly.....

I have no use for a lever action AR to be honest. The straight pull rifles are fine, I own a Ross, and a Mannlicher M1895. They are okay, but not extraordinary in any way.

It seems like the straight pull is better in all ways to the traditional bolt action.....why haven't more rifles been made with the straight pull? It seems just as stable, but much faster....with more accuracy potential because there is less movement for the shooter, and that movement is simply straight back rather than possibly moving the rifle up and down with the rotating bolt action.....

It seems like the straight pull is better in all ways to the traditional bolt action.....why haven't more rifles been made with the straight pull? It seems just as stable, but much faster....with more accuracy potential because there is less movement for the shooter, and that movement is simply straight back rather than possibly moving the rifle up and down with the rotating bolt action.....

Safety for one. The Ross is notorious for catastrophic failure. The one advantage a straight pull has is speed of operation.

Buuuut, that's not really all that important with bolt actions anyways.

Straight pull rifles have been around for 100+ years.

Bolt (and pump) action AR15 = the guaranteed faulure of an 'assault weapon ban' to prevent a mass shooting.
Bolt-action ARs have been around for a long time, too.

Forum List

Back