Hewlett-Packard to exit computing

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Hewlett-Packard has confirmed plans to stop making PCs, tablets and phones, in order to refocus on software.

It has also emerged that the US company has agreed to buy UK software firm Autonomy for £6.2bn ($10.3bn).

HP added that it was considering selling its personal systems group, which includes the world's biggest PC-making business, and that it will discontinue its webOS devices.

BBC News - Hewlett-Packard to exit computing and buy Autonomy

Hewlett-Packard has confirmed plans to stop making PCs, tablets and phones, in order to refocus on software.

It has also emerged that the US company has agreed to buy UK software firm Autonomy for £6.2bn ($10.3bn).

HP added that it was considering selling its personal systems group, which includes the world's biggest PC-making business, and that it will discontinue its webOS devices.

BBC News - Hewlett-Packard to exit computing and buy Autonomy

The unusual thing is...what...last week was it?..they launched a new PC line.
I mean...WTF? You launch a new line and then announce - BTW...we are getting out of the business??
Sucks to be those who worked their ass off to develop them!

Quite a radical decision and definitely bad news for the investors. The new Hp Tablet Pc though looks nice.

They're focusing on software?

Oh, crap.

I love HP printers...well, the hardware, at any rate. However, their printer drivers suck ass. I've had far more problems with HP drivers than hardware.

Oh, crap.

I love HP printers...well, the hardware, at any rate. However, their printer drivers suck ass. I've had far more problems with HP drivers than hardware.

Don't install the driver in the first place.
The first time I saw an HP driver that was a ridiculous 40MB - I knew there has got to be some serious crapware.
You can find simple HP postscript drivers out there.
HP will tell you not to use them - bullshit. I have used them for years without the slightest problem.

Oh, crap.

I love HPUX.

One of the best operating systems, ever.

Rock solid.

Oh, crap.

I love HPUX.

One of the best operating systems, ever.

Rock solid.

Wow...I remember using it...man that was a long time ago.
We had 2 servers running Tru64...which was pretty solid but the command scripts were something to be desired.
The worst *nix operating system had to have been Corel Linux. It came with a Wordperfect suite I bought way back. Man was it ugly.

Well this is fantastic considering my HP computer is in as good of health as my dog.

Dog trying to die
Computer thinks its my dog
My business is imitating my dog
Dog days of summer are over

Seems as though its raining cats and DOGS and I got caught without an umbrella. Ugh

Forum List

Back