He's considered Canada's founding father, but many Ontario teachers want his name stripped from publ

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The crazy application of todays progressive agenda and beliefs to the past period of history which actually happened has now made its way to Canada.

John A McDonald was our first PM, akin to George Washington. If these people want to reinvent history and shut it down because of the difference in era and times, we will be condemned to repeat it as it will cease to be presented as it were. You cannot change history or historical figures, you have to take the good with the bad, and you can bet none are without sin.

Ontario teachers' union wants Sir John A. Macdonald's name stripped from public schools

As U.S. legislators mull the removal of statues seen by many as painful reminders of the darker moments in American history, a similar debate is playing out in Ontario over whether public schools should bear the names of Canadian figures associated with this country's legacy around the treatment of Indigenous communities.

That debate hit the floor of a meeting by the Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario days ago, ending with a resolution to urge school boards across the province to consider removing the name of Canada's first prime minister — Sir John A. Macdonald — from public schools.
Felipe Pareja, a French teacher in Peel region just west of Toronto, is behind the motion.

Pareja says the decision was by no means unanimous, but that it passed by a substantial margin.

No opportunity for asterisks
Widely lauded as the father of Confederation, Macdonald is credited with having joined the eastern and western parts of Canada together through the creation of a transcontinental railway.

Pareja says he acknowledges Macdonald's foundational role in the country's Confederation, but that having public schools bearing his name leaves out his role in the starvation of Indigenous people along the railway to facilitate its construction — along with Macdonald's "central role as the architect of, really, what was genocide of Indigenous peoples on Turtle Island."

Last edited:
i rate your post Winner but also want to say Thank You for the info SCanadian .

Ironic thing here as the left wishes to destroy Confederate statues, while speaking of the Union as the moral victor of a just war, it will only be a matter of time until they attack the statues of the Union as they also decimated the indigenous people and wildlife during the expansion after the Civil War. North and South including opposing veterans once marched together with pride after Reconciliation. Two sides came together after a war that nearly destroyed the country to celebrate our grand railroad. So was it progress or genocide? One can surmise where progressives lean on that question.
Victimology requires that an oppressor must be identified and blamed for all fates of the oppressed, regardless of present circumstances or the plain fact that neither the victim or supposed oppressor were even around for the events.
Only tyrants destroy statues and attempt to change history.

As U.S. legislators mull the removal of statues seen by many as painful reminders of the darker moments in American history,

False premise.

They're not "seen as painful reminders of the darker moments of history"--- they're seen as propaganda devices deliberately put there to whitewash that dark history. And they're not destroyed or done away with; they're moved to locations more appropriate to what they represent, and out of locations that are deliberately designed for public propaganda purposes.

The only "darker moment in history" they represent is that era of Lost Cause revisionism. An era and a movement which also brought about a rush of Jim Crow laws, segregated public places, the blatantly racist novel "The Clansman" and the play and the film ("Birth of a Nation") that followed, a wave of by far the worst race riots this country ever had, a surge in lynchings, the re-founding of the Ku Klux Klan, and even the "gentlemen's agreement" that kept black players out of baseball for sixty years.

Post something like that that happened in Canada and I'll be suitably impressed.

As U.S. legislators mull the removal of statues seen by many as painful reminders of the darker moments in American history,

False premise.

They're not "seen as painful reminders of the darker moments of history"--- they're seen as propaganda devices deliberately put there to whitewash that dark history. And they're not destroyed or done away with; they're moved to locations more appropriate to what they represent, and out of locations that are deliberately designed for public propaganda purposes.

The only "darker moment in history" they represent is that era of Lost Cause revisionism. An era and a movement which also brought about a rush of Jim Crow laws, segregated public places, the blatantly racist novel "The Clansman" and the play and the film ("Birth of a Nation") that followed, a wave of by far the worst race riots this country ever had, a surge in lynchings, the re-founding of the Ku Klux Klan, and even the "gentlemen's agreement" that kept black players out of baseball for sixty years.

Post something like that that happened in Canada and I'll be suitably impressed.

Hey, Pogo, why don't the antifa commies go to D.C and insist that Albert Pike's statute be removed???? I mean seriously, a confederate general AND one of the founders of the KKK! Why haven't Revrun Jesse uh Jackson and Brotha Al Shaaaawpton protested that prominently displayed statute? I know why....but I know you don't.

(snicker)

False premise.

Hey, Pogo, why don't the antifa commies go to D.C and insist that Albert Pike's statute be removed???? I mean seriously, a confederate general AND one of the founders of the KKK! Why haven't Revrun Jesse uh Jackson and Brotha Al Shaaaawpton protested that prominently displayed statute? I know why....but I know you don't.

(snicker)

Albert Pike had nothing to do with founding a Klan.

(3 musketeers)

False premise.

(snicker)

(3 musketeers)

Indeed he did and the power structure was based on Scottish Rite Freemasonry..........his book "Morals And Dogma" is considered the bible of scottish rite freemasonry.

I hope that the citizens of the USA realize that this "phenomenon" of attacking America's past has nothing to do with what happened in our country, but instead is a global washing of all things patriotic, so that the soon to be Hemisphere #1 will be easier to implement. Same thing in Canada. Same agenda at the same time.

False premise.

(snicker)

(3 musketeers)

Indeed he did and the power structure was based on Scottish Rite Freemasonry..........his book "Morals And Dogma" is considered the bible of scottish rite freemasonry.

Nope, that's utter bullshit. I know exactly who founded the Klan, both times, and exactly when and where. And Albert Pike was nowhere near.

(baby ruth)

I hope that the citizens of the USA realize that this "phenomenon" of attacking America's past has nothing to do with what happened in our country, but instead is a global washing of all things patriotic, so that the soon to be Hemisphere #1 will be easier to implement. Same thing in Canada. Same agenda at the same time.

I agree.

Globalists scum hate the concept of Nation and Patriotism.

The world can read through criminal globalists . They will not win this fight.

Then those who bastardize those legacies for nefarious purposes should be called out and don't drag the actual honor of southern heroes down with them.
Instead, we have a comprehensive left-washing of history being undertaken for equally nefarious purposes.
It's become a bad thing using another bad thing to excuse itself.

Then those who bastardize those legacies for nefarious purposes should be called out and don't drag the actual honor of southern heroes down with them.
Instead, we have a comprehensive left-washing of history being undertaken for equally nefarious purposes.

Perhaps this post will come in English.

Someday.

Perhaps this post will come in English.

Someday.
It's very clear.

The crazy application of todays progressive agenda and beliefs to the past period of history which actually happened has now made its way to Canada.

John A McDonald was our first PM, akin to George Washington. If these people want to reinvent history and shut it down because of the difference in era and times, we will be condemned to repeat it as it will cease to be presented as it were. You cannot change history or historical figures, you have to take the good with the bad, and you can bet none are without sin.

Ontario teachers' union wants Sir John A. Macdonald's name stripped from public schools

As U.S. legislators mull the removal of statues seen by many as painful reminders of the darker moments in American history, a similar debate is playing out in Ontario over whether public schools should bear the names of Canadian figures associated with this country's legacy around the treatment of Indigenous communities.

That debate hit the floor of a meeting by the Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario days ago, ending with a resolution to urge school boards across the province to consider removing the name of Canada's first prime minister — Sir John A. Macdonald — from public schools.
Felipe Pareja, a French teacher in Peel region just west of Toronto, is behind the motion.

Pareja says the decision was by no means unanimous, but that it passed by a substantial margin.

No opportunity for asterisks
Widely lauded as the father of Confederation, Macdonald is credited with having joined the eastern and western parts of Canada together through the creation of a transcontinental railway.

Pareja says he acknowledges Macdonald's foundational role in the country's Confederation, but that having public schools bearing his name leaves out his role in the starvation of Indigenous people along the railway to facilitate its construction — along with Macdonald's "central role as the architect of, really, what was genocide of Indigenous peoples on Turtle Island."

I am still pissed about Pluto, the only planet discovered by an American which was stripped of Planet status by the IAU based in Europe without a quorum.

False premise.

(snicker)

(3 musketeers)

Nope, that's utter bullshit. I know exactly who founded the Klan, both times, and exactly when and where. And Albert Pike was nowhere near.

(baby ruth)

Yeaaaaaah, you betcha......and Albert Pike wasn't a Brigadier general in the confederate army either and he didn't write Morals and Dogma and no one knows why his statute is prominently displayed in the city/state of the district of crooks.

(snicker)

False premise.

(snicker)

(3 musketeers)

(baby ruth)

Yeaaaaaah, you betcha......and Albert Pike wasn't a Brigadier general in the confederate army either and he didn't write Morals and Dogma and no one knows why his statute is prominently displayed in the city/state of the district of crooks.

(snicker)

All that may be true but it doesn't put him in the Klan much less make him a founder thereof. You see son, history is an account of events that actually did happen, not a fiction written on a whim with no evidence at all.

Far as I know his statue was put there by Scottish Rite Freemasons. Whatever that signifies.

(krackel)

(snicker)

(3 musketeers)

(baby ruth)

(snicker)

All that may be true but it doesn't put him in the Klan much less make him a founder thereof. You see son, history is an account of events that actually did happen, not a fiction written on a whim with no evidence at all.

Far as I know his statue was put there by Scottish Rite Freemasons. Whatever that signifies.

(krackel)

Being that the leadership structure of the Klan and the initiation rites where swearing to secrecy mirrors that of Scottish Rite freemasonry? I would say without a doubt that Nathan Bedford Forrest and Albert Pike were behind the formation of the KKK.

Capiche'?

(snicker)

(3 musketeers)

(baby ruth)

(snicker)

(krackel)

Being that the leadership structure of the Klan and the initiation rites where swearing to secrecy mirrors that of Scottish Rite freemasonry? I would say without a doubt that Nathan Bedford Forrest and Albert Pike were behind the formation of the KKK.

Capiche'?

(snicker)

It matters not a whit what you would say --- you don't get to say, because that actual history is already known, and its roster of six names involves neither that of Pike nor Forrest. Its initiation rites were based on those of a college fraternity widespread in the South prior to the War called Kuklos Adelphon (Kuklos = "circle"). All six were in their twenties and well-educated, so Kuklos would have been prominent for them.

Forrest was drafted, in absentia, to be a status-symbol figurehead by a loose association of Klan that had already been operating for a year, and developing a sleazy reputation. And for Pike there's no evidence at all. Just another myth.

(kit kat)

Last edited:
Left Wing Totalitarians: "Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past." George Orwell

False premise.

They're not "seen as painful reminders of the darker moments of history"--- they're seen as propaganda devices deliberately put there to whitewash that dark history.

No they're memorials to dead soldiers and you leftist totalitarian scum are now going after the Founding Fathers as well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back