'He's an embarrassment': Ted Cruz slammed by family of ex-Marine Trevor Reed after release from Russia

I don't really care. Some folks fixate on shiny things while ignoring reality.
Well I’m sure in this case you and Ted Cruz know more about reality than these parents whose son was locked up in Russia for two years. They probably weren’t even paying attention to reality. Good on you!!

Well I’m sure in this case you and Ted Cruz know more about reality than these parents whose son was locked up in Russia for two years. They probably weren’t even paying attention to reality. Good on you!!
And again, I simply don't care. I realize that nothing Cruz could have done would have gotten their son home any quicker.

And again, I simply don't care. I realize that nothing Cruz could have done would have gotten their son home any quicker.
You don’t think the United States government negotiating a prisoner exchange had any effect on bringing this kid home? Are you smoking the whacky tobacky?

Cruz is a senator, he doesn't work for DOS.
I never said he did. How did this kids case get on DOS’s radar? how did it get prioritized to the point that we would negotiate a prisoner swap to bring him home? I’ll give you a hint. It wasn’t done by magic and it wasn’t done by doing absolutely nothing like Ted Cruz did.

I never said he did. How did this kids case get on DOS’s radar? how did it get prioritized to the point that we would negotiate a prisoner swap to bring him home? I’ll give you a hint. It wasn’t done by magic and it wasn’t done by doing absolutely nothing like Ted Cruz did.
When the ambassador to Russia was informed. That's a big part of what they do.

When the ambassador to Russia was informed. That's a big part of what they do.
Yes I’m well aware, I have a friend who works in the German office. Your notion that a congressional resolution and pressure from the legislator has zero impact is pretty short sighted. Rather pompous for somebody who had zero involvement with the situation. How is it that you feel so well informed in regards to how all this went down?

Or do you just have a thing for Ted Cruz??

Yes I’m well aware, I have a friend who works in the German office. Your notion that a congressional resolution and pressure from the legislator has zero impact is pretty short sighted. Rather pompous for somebody who had zero involvement with the situation. How is it that you feel so well informed in regards to how all this went down?

Or do you just have a thing for Ted Cruz??
I've spent a good portion of my adult life both as a civilian and in uniform traveling overseas. I also tend to keep up with the news.

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest anything Cornyn did had any impact on getting this idiot home.

I've spent a good portion of my adult life both as a civilian and in uniform traveling overseas. I also tend to keep up with the news.

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest anything Cornyn did had any impact on getting this idiot home.
Well except of course the account of the kids parents… but what do they know?! like I said they probably weren’t even paying attention to what was going on. I mean they were only missing their son for 2 years… that’s nothing, right?!

The father of recently repatriated ex-Marine Trevor Reed has a bone to pick with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) following Reed's release from Russian custody last month.​

According to The Dallas Morning News' Emily Caldwell, in the course of praising other Texas politicians who Trevor's father Joey Reed says helped the family and worked for the release of their son during his detention in Russia, he recently made of point of condemning Cruz for not stepping up, publicly or otherwise. Trevor Reed was accused of drunkenly assaulting a Russian police officer in 2019, for which he spent two years in prison before being released in late April as part of a prisoner exchange between the U.S. and Russia.

Joey Reed, a Granbury, Texas resident, recently thanked a number of state politicians including Sen. John Cornyn—who notably pushed Biden's administration to have Trevor freed and sponsored a Senate resolution to that effect, which passed unanimously last year—as well as Reps. August Pfluger and Michael McCaul. But the frustrated father saved a a few choice barbs for Cruz, whom he said snubbed the family when it reached out for help shortly after their son's arrest.

"[Cruz] didn't do anything," Joey Reed said. "He's an embarrassment to the state of Texas, let me just say that. I don't care what or who runs against him, I will work for their campaign to defeat that son of a b-tch."

Joey Reed maintains that the senator and his office ducked their pleas for public support and only reached out privately by phone once their son was freed.

Trump mortally insulted his wife...

Trump mortally insulted his father...

And then the miserable, cowardly Piece of $hit ends-up kowtow'ing to Trump in order to hold onto political power...

Disgusting...

Sickening...

A "man" does not do that...

An "embarrassment", indeed...

Why Texans put up with such sissy-boy behavior is beyond all understanding...

Ted could have sent his wife over to Russia to negotiate some weenie scarfing for American releasing. She scarfs a mean mushroom

Forum List

Back