He's a Divider. Not A Uniter

You see him out and about trying to tamp down the rhetoric! Newp! :lol::lol:

The Republicans have already taken their stand - which is not to budge or reconcile one iota.

Why bother tamping down the rhetoric?

Much as I hate to say it - I think rhetoric may be the right tactic at this time.

The Republicans have already taken their stand - which is not to budge or reconcile one iota.

Much as I hate to say it - I think rhetoric may be the right tactic at this time.
To be fair, the democrats were never too interested in bipartisanship when Obama took office, and it's basically devolved into both parties essentially holding the "my way or the high way" attitude.

The Republicans have shown on multiple occasions that they are willing to work with Democrats to better the country.

It be nice if Democrats actually tried to though.

To be fair, the democrats were never too interested in bipartisanship when Obama took office, and it's basically devolved into both parties essentially holding the "my way or the high way" attitude.

I'd have to agree with you.

The only bipartisanship involved with this bill were the 32 (or however many the final number turned out to be) Democrats who had the conviction to vote NO to this mess of a health care bill.

Rick

I think Obama was seriously interested in bipartisanship. I do not think the Democrats in Congress were however. It just made the partisan stances stronger.

The Republicans have shown on multiple occasions that they are willing to work with Democrats to better the country.

It be nice if Democrats actually tried to though.

That's a matter of opinion.

I think Obama was seriously interested in bipartisanship. I do not think the Democrats in Congress were however. It just made the partisan stances stronger.
Pardon me if i call BS on that thought when early on, Obama's response to a republican idea was "I won."

I think some of the Democrats where interested in bipartisanship. I do not agree AT ALL that Obama was. Obama was only interested in going down in history as the President who got "health care reform" passed. And it really didn't matter to him at what cost to the American people. He just wanted it passed, and to hell with bipartisanship.

Rick

Pardon me if i call BS on that thought when early on, Obama's response to a republican idea was "I won."

Better yet was when Obama admitted that evening when he spoke to the republicans on national TV...

If I recall...when he was called on the carpet about the "no ideas" rhetoric he was forced to admit that "yes, I saw all of your ideas."...and then he rationalized him saying that they had no ideas becuase ...and I quote....."I just did not think they would work"

And only a true partisan would not see that as him saying "my way or the high way"

I think some of the Democrats where interested in bipartisanship. I do not agree AT ALL that Obama was. Obama was only interested in going down in history as the President who got "health care reform" passed. And it really didn't matter to him at what cost to the American people. He just wanted it passed, and to hell with bipartisanship.

Rick

I think we probably won't agree here ...

that's right,, that's what the messiah should do run in phear of the wright.. yep

Better yet was when Obama admitted that evening when he spoke to the republicans on national TV...

If I recall...when he was called on the carpet about the "no ideas" rhetoric he was forced to admit that "yes, I saw all of your ideas."...and then he rationalized him saying that they had no ideas becuase ...and I quote....."I just did not think they would work"

And only a true partisan would not see that as him saying "my way or the high way"

I'd like to see the entire conversation - true partisans typically don't look at the entire thing do they? They pick the parts that fit their argument, and then assign their own motivations to it.

My friend that is not what he said.

Many of the ideas in the Healthcare bill were ideas the Republicans at one time supported. But they somehow couldn't support it - at all - when it was Obama's bill.

I told them and told then that number ten can was going to open soon and they just would not believe me.

Forum List

Back