Hero Movies

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
I don't care what is happening in my life. Up, down, rich, poor, sick, healthy....I enjoy the "Die Hard" movies every single time. They are so well-written and so satisfying. And no one else could have played Officer John McClane except Bruce Willis, IMO.

"Die Hard With A Vengence" is my favorite, I think, though I'm not sure I have seen all five of them. Lucky me! I get to watch a few for the first time. Samuel L. Jackson's character is as terrific as Bruce Willis'.

I never could stand John Wayne movies, but I guess we all need heroic movies. Bruce Willis as John McClane is just about perfect for me. Kickin' ass and takin' names from all the right bad guys, for all the right reasons.

If only Real Life were this satisfying, huh?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=866yr_Oj5IA]YouTube - DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE TRAILER[/ame]

• Banned
I think they're all funny. That's one reason I'm not a fan of John Wayne movies, or most westerns really. No humor.

I did sorta like the "Dirty Harry" movies. I think it was the times; we needed a bad ass cop hero after learning about such things as serial killers for the first time. And Clint Eastwood is still wonderful. "Gran Torino" blew me away completely.

My son, the special needs kid, is currently into the Die Hard movies. :rolleyes: I've recorded them off of tv and several off of a channel called G4 . . . they seem to edit even more. Personally, I can't stand Bruce Willis. I don't think he's much of an actor, although I did enjoy The Sixth Sense.

My favorite hero movies? Any that have Lassie in them!

It's funny you good folks mention the Die Hard movies. My wife asked if we had any of them and we just have the last one. We've got the first 3 in our Netflix queue now.

Great line: "You just killed a helicopter with a car!"

• Banned
My son, the special needs kid, is currently into the Die Hard movies. :rolleyes: I've recorded them off of tv and several off of a channel called G4 . . . they seem to edit even more. Personally, I can't stand Bruce Willis. I don't think he's much of an actor, although I did enjoy The Sixth Sense.

My favorite hero movies? Any that have Lassie in them!

Lassie was extra-special, Zoom-boing. One of my aunties had a bearded collie named Jeff and I absolutely loved both the dog and the tv show. I never quite fell all the way in love with another animal "actor" like I did with Lassie.

lassie.jpg

Loved Die Hard. Parts two through five, not so much.

Favorite line? "We're going to need some more FBI guys". :lol:

I do respect a good hero movie. Some style's just can't fail for me. For example, I've never seen a Kung-Fu movie I didn't like. Talk about your hero's. (also for some strange reason, I've also never seen a bad zombie movie)

Hmmm

MGM was big on civil hero movies. They did a lot of them. the most famous was the one about Bell, but they also had one about Emile Zola and Rueter that I can remember right off hand.

One of my all time favorites was "Inherit the Wind" with Spenser Tracy.

never did care for much for bruce willis but i definitely love those action flicks with plenty of gratuitous violence and graphic shots of bodies getting blown to little naughty bits.

mel gibson always had me laughing hard and cheering him on --- well, i wasn't laughing at brave heart.

never did care for much for bruce willis but i definitely love those action flicks with plenty of gratuitous violence and graphic shots of bodies getting blown to little naughty bits.

mel gibson always had me laughing hard and cheering him on --- well, i wasn't laughing at brave heart.

I don't think the violence in hero movies is gratuitous. Most of us wish we could fuck up a few bad guys, and very few of us get to do so. Mebbe violence is unnecessary in some other sorts of movies, but not hero ones.....they just cannot blow up enough shit to suit me, LOL.

It's funny you good folks mention the Die Hard movies. My wife asked if we had any of them and we just have the last one. We've got the first 3 in our Netflix queue now.

That was a pretty sweet move

I always liked the Last Action hero. I know it's totally cheesy but in a funny, I can't believe the Governator actually did this film, type way.

I haven't seen it, Avatar, but Schwartenegger has done some great hero movies. I loved the second "Terminator" movie and "End of Days" has enough stuff blow up to suit even me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzkwtbyiaME]YouTube - End of Days-Movie Trailer[/ame]

Last edited:

That was a pretty sweet move

"Yippe-ka-ya, motherfucker."

Stunning line, that one. Might be my all-time favorite movie quote.

Willas Roolz
Im a meat popsicle

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB-AUTGqUCU]YouTube - The Fifth Element (original trailer)[/ame]

Forum List

Back