What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Herman Cain Interview: Will Take 50 Percent Salary Cut As President

cyint

Reaction score

FactFinder

VIP Member
Reaction score
While taking a 1000% increase from big banking/Wall Street. Just what would his pay cut do for the country?

Jackson

Gold Member
Reaction score
While taking a 1000% increase from big banking/Wall Street. Just what would his pay cut do for the country?

Surely you wouldn't write that if it isn't true. Link, please.

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
Reaction score

Prove it asshat!

That man has more integrity in his little pinkie toe than you have in your entire body.

Cain brings trust to the Republican party and you cant handle that!!!

CT9

Reaction score
Hot diggity dog, Herman will save America $200,000/year.

I agree it isn't much and seems largely a political move. With that said I can't say I don't appreciate it, and I could be inferring too much but I think it is to represent the contrast in which he will attempt to run the government from Obama. A lot of people, whether you like it or not, misguided or not, feel the government treating itself like royalty. The abuses of using private jets, then starting a battle with those who use then in which they engage in villanizing them to an extent. It is asking people to pay more while they hire more lime drivers than ever before. The first lady and daughters decide to take a vacation on Air Force One to Spain. It's just the whole perception, he is going to do on less and thats how a government should operate. Again, take your opinion out of what you feel on those stories. Some of this I find irrelevant such as the 200,000 pay cut, and even the other two to an extent. The Spain vacation puzzles me though. I still think I see what he is getting at though.

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big deal.....make me President and I will do it for nothing

paulitician

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cain is refreshing. He knows economic issues and isn't a career politician. The more i hear from him,the more i like him. I don't understand why so many are so resistant to him. He's probably exactly what this country needs at this point.

Soggy in NOLA

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Oh dear Factfinder... do share how you come to know this. We'll wait.

Soggy in NOLA

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Cain is refreshing. He knows economic issues and isn't a career politician. The more i hear from him,the more i like him. I don't understand why so many are so resistant to him. He's probably exactly what this country needs at this point.

He's the wrong kinda Black Guy...... come on man!

rightwinger

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Republican presidential nominee hopeful Herman Cain will take a 50 percent salary pay cut if he becomes President. He also outlined his economic policies and many other topics.

You can read or listen to the entire interview below:

Historic!!! Republican Presidential Hopeful, Herman Cain, Currently Leading in Polls, Speaks With Chris Yandek and Jay Bildstein of CYInterview: Agrees With Getting Washington to Lead By Example, Having the President, Vice President and Congress Take

Does this mean we give the presidency to the lowest bidder?

ba1614

Silver Member
Reaction score
All federal and state politicians should be paid about 50% of what they are now. There might be some there for the right reasons then.

rightwinger

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
All federal and state politicians should be paid about 50% of what they are now. There might be some there for the right reasons then.

Do you know what they actually get paid now?

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Great. He's already admitting he'd be lucky to be worth half of what the job is valued at.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List