Herman Cain Intends to Stay in Contention for Fed

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Herman Cain said Wednesday he is "very committed" to being vetted for a seat on the Federal Reserve board and he does not plan to withdraw his name from consideration, even though he may not have enough support in the Senate to confirm him if he's nominated.

“I don’t quit because of negative criticism,” Cain, a former presidential candidate and restaurant entrepreneur, told The Wall Street Journal. "I don’t quit because of negative attacks. And I don’t quit because several senators have expressed reservations about my qualifications.”

Further, Cain said he believes "new voices" are needed on the Fed.

Four Republican senators have said they will not support Cain because of ongoing concerns about sexual-harassment allegations, which he has denied, and because of concerns about his activism as a conservative.

Cain said President Donald Trump's top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, called him in January to invite him to the White House to speak with Trump about the Fed. He spoke first with Kudlow and acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney, before later meeting with Trump and Kudlow in the Oval Office. On April 4, Trump announced he wanted Cain.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

The DEATHRATS burned him once when running for president....won't happen this time...they're afraid of Herman and always have been. They won’t go toe to toe with him in a confirmation hearing. They are already concerned about the AA vote.They won’t risk it.They are learning from their burn marks

If four Republicans aren't willing to support him then I don't see how he gets confirmed. No Democrat will vote for him.

Herman Cain said Wednesday he is "very committed" to being vetted for a seat on the Federal Reserve board and he does not plan to withdraw his name from consideration, even though he may not have enough support in the Senate to confirm him if he's nominated.

“I don’t quit because of negative criticism,” Cain, a former presidential candidate and restaurant entrepreneur, told The Wall Street Journal. "I don’t quit because of negative attacks. And I don’t quit because several senators have expressed reservations about my qualifications.”

Four Republican senators have said they will not support Cain because of ongoing concerns about sexual-harassment allegations, which he has denied, and because of concerns about his activism as a conservative.

Cain said President Donald Trump's top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, called him in January to invite him to the White House to speak with Trump about the Fed. He spoke first with Kudlow and acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney, before later meeting with Trump and Kudlow in the Oval Office. On April 4, Trump announced he wanted Cain.

The DEATHRATS burned him once when running for president....won't happen this time...they're afraid of Herman and always have been. They won’t go toe to toe with him in a confirmation hearing. They are already concerned about the AA vote.They won’t risk it.They are learning from their burn marks

The Democrats took over the House and had fewer than expected losses in the Senate. They have every reason and should fight Cain's nomination. Any decent person would fight his nomination. His other potential nominee has tax issues and tried to defy a judge in a divorce case.

If four Republicans aren't willing to support him then I don't see how he gets confirmed. No Democrat will vote for him.

Good luck to those four....
Cain will force them to go on the record.

Jo

Good luck to Republicans who vote for Cain.
Cain forcing them to vote could lose them the Senate and White House.
For a Fed Seat? Nah....80% of voters don't even know what it is. What they do know is that the Gop hates Trump.... And there's a whole passel of constitutionalist replacements breathing down their necks .

Jo

He ruined Godfather's pizza he can ruin the Fed..

He ruined Godfather's pizza he can ruin the Fed..
"Ruin the fed?" You say that like the fed isnt already an abomination

Good luck to those four....
Cain will force them to go on the record.

Jo

For a Fed Seat? Nah....80% of voters don't even know what it is. What they do know is that the Gop hates Trump.... And there's a whole passel of constitutionalist replacements breathing down their necks .

Jo

What they will know is that sexual harassment is okay with Trump. Gardner is already in deep trouble and is the most endangered Republican in the Senate. Trump is no threat to Romney.

Nobody is going to base their vote on a vote to make Cain Fed Chairman. People care about things that actually affect their lives, not political pinball.

Forum List

Back