Here's a little funny......

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
DontBlameLg.jpg

My view on all this....
I suppose we'll see now, what the Democrat party, IS REALLY MADE OF...
Whether they will be the party of revenge...Or a party that will put America and Americans first?

Only time will time.....

Oh, and I heard John Murtha on CNN tonight say, HE wants the position of Speaker of the House...:p:

The Rebirth of Democracy!
I headed over to Rachel Corry Elementary School to cast my ballot this evening when my path was blocked by what resembled a human Clydesdale, with the body odor to match.

“Who the hell are you?” I demanded. “What is the meaning of this? And what smells like horseshit?”

“My name is Jimmy Clydesdale,” he introduced himself. “I’m with Operation: Restore Democracy Now!, a grassroots, non-partisan, interfaith organization devoted to protecting the integrity of the electoral process from Republican voters. We’re here to monitor today’s elections and keep an eye out for any GOP operatives that might try to horse around with the system, if you know what I mean.”

“Splendid!” I chirped. “It’s reassuring to know that someone is looking out for the little guy, girl, or proud member of the transgendered community.”

“Thank you, sir,” he replied, “but I’m afraid I can’t let you inside with THAT on!” He poked a furry hoof at my flag lapel pin in disgust. “Any outward displays of patriotism might adversely effect how people vote tonight. We have to keep everything fair and balanced you know. I’m sorry to be a nag, but I'm sure you understand.”

“Ah, but the flag is upside down,” I corrected him. “And I peed on it before coming here.”

“Oh, my mistake!” he quickly apologized. “Please go on in. I’ll just follow along to make sure you aren’t threatened or coerced by any Republicans.”

We proceeded together to the registration table where an elderly woman asked for my name and I.D. in three different languages before settling on English. I dismounted Jimmy and handed her my Hot Topic Preferred Customer card while she fumbled around for my ballot. Moments later I was in a private booth exercising my civic duty to throw the Republican usurpers out of office so we can finally surrender with honor in Iraq. Jimmy stood protectively behind me as I voted, whinnying loudly if my pen drew perilously close to a GOP candidate, or angrily stomping one of his feet if I appeared to be voting in favor of an anti-tax initiative, but otherwise everything went smoothly and I wasn’t pressured or intimidated by any right-wing election thieves. When I finally finished voting, I left the booth and proudly marched to the ballot box for the fifth time in as many hours.

“Not so fast, sir,” Jimmy snorted, roughly blocking my way again. “I noticed that in the senatorial race, where you meant to check “Maria Cantwell”, you accidentally wrote in “Hugo Chavez”. Care to explain yourself?”

“KKKantwell voted for the Iraq War and then never bothered to vote against it,” I bluntly informed him. “She’s nothing but the Shrub's lapdog and I’LL BE DAMNED IF I EVER GIVE HER EITHER MY VOTE OR A WILD NIGHT OF CRAZY MONKEY SEX EVER AGAIN!!!”

Jimmy trotted me out to my Segway and we party company. I hope that in other cities across America, progressive voters were blessed by the protection of courageous election monitors such as he. I enjoyed the experience so much that I went back two more times before the polls finally closed.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/

Whether they will be the party of revenge...Or a party that will put America and Americans first?

If they have a shred of human decency, they will do the latter. I suggest that America is in no mood for political grandstanding while our soldiers are dying. But IF they are true political animals, they will do the former.

Knowing a little about political history, I expect the high road will be mostly deserted during the next two years. :bang3:

If they have a shred of human decency, they will do the latter. I suggest that America is in no mood for political grandstanding while our soldiers are dying. But IF they are true political animals, they will do the former.

Knowing a little about political history, I expect the high road will be mostly deserted during the next two years. :bang3:

I hear ya my friend......It makes me sad, that we've come down to this....
Where did it Vere off.......????
Both parties need to get on the same page...But I feel that is long gone...It would be nice.....But it seems as if Mr. Nice guy is long and gone....Sad

I'm afraid it is going to take a real, catastrophic event, to bring us all into the same......I hope not......But....

Here's dreaming......:huddle:

Forum List

Back