Here we go. Ken Stabler, even though he died of colon cancer, said to have "CTE."

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Good Lord. Just get to the place where tackle football is banned, and then after the lawyers are finished destroying it, make sure they move to on to hockey soccer boxing MMA sports and every other sport that puts people at risk with concussions.

NY Times with ESPN Outside the Lines just "completed a study" don't you know?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/04/sports/football/ken-stabler-nfl-cte-brain-disease.html?_r=0

I have no issues with these studies, and people should know the risk that come playing sports, and if they still play the sport they will have a better understanding and what type of protection they will need to limit the amount of damage.

Outlawing the sport would just take it to the underground and is pointless because humans are natural born gladiators and spectators of the sport and banning a sport will not stop them from wanting to play it or watch it.

The game should be able to be played as safely as possible. The hit on Antonio Brown in the Cincinnati game was criminal, in my opinion. The hit had nothing to do with the play it was wantonly done to injury. IF Brown had actually had a chance to catch the ball it might have been different but he did not. A three game suspension is nothing compared to the message it sends.

Good Lord. Just get to the place where tackle football is banned, and then after the lawyers are finished destroying it, make sure they move to on to hockey soccer boxing MMA sports and every other sport that puts people at risk with concussions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/04/sports/football/ken-stabler-nfl-cte-brain-disease.html?_r=0

kids should not smoke or drink and kids should not play tackle football or---do
"boxing". If an adult wants to smash his brains apart------not my business

Tell it to players who no longer remember their kids names

Guess they weren't tough enough

Why is the hype limited to the NFL and the sport of tackle football? Ever see the concussion numbers in soccer?

That is the point. It seems to be limited to tackle football. There are a lot of other sports and different activities that are detrimental to a persons long term health.

A lot.

Oh, tackle football certainly has more, but there are a lot of other sports.....

la84_sl_chicago_tribune_051013_403x479_01.jpg

That of course does not include the martial arts sports. Just wondering all of these ex NFL athletes who are all part of the lawsuit......

Not a money thing?

The NHL has 82 game seasons as opposed to 16 games in the NFL. The blood is in the water, and the NFL is multi billion dollar business. A lot of retired players have (as we can all assume) have blown through their money.

Let me put it another way. Roger Staubach and Steve Young both retired due to concussions. They are not barking at the moon or drooling when they smile. Interestingly enough both of them have been very successful outside of football. In fact most players that have found real success outside of football are not a part of the mass lawsuit. Although, there are those that are. Dan Marino for example, who was one of the least sacked QBs and never actually missed time for any concussions was a part of it. Interestingly he had some financial issues. Coincidence? Yeah, I am sure.

Is football detrimental? Yeah. However, these types of things are about lawsuits imo. I still do not see all of these studies done on ex NHL players that played for years in the NHL. I would bet there are many that have that.

In fact there have been some lawsuits......

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/13/s...tador-had-brain-trauma-family-to-sue-nhl.html

Just saying there are other factors at play here imo. Money is usually the factor that is really what it is all about.

Why is the hype limited to the NFL and the sport of tackle football? Ever see the concussion numbers in soccer?

That is the point. It seems to be limited to tackle football. There are a lot of other sports and different activities that are detrimental to a persons long term health.

A lot.

Oh, tackle football certainly has more, but there are a lot of other sports.....

That of course does not include the martial arts sports. Just wondering all of these ex NFL athletes who are all part of the lawsuit......

Not a money thing?

The NHL has 82 game seasons as opposed to 16 games in the NFL. The blood is in the water, and the NFL is multi billion dollar business. A lot of retired players have (as we can all assume) have blown through their money.

Let me put it another way. Roger Staubach and Steve Young both retired due to concussions. They are not barking at the moon or drooling when they smile. Interestingly enough both of them have been very successful outside of football. In fact most players that have found real success outside of football are not a part of the mass lawsuit. Although, there are those that are. Dan Marino for example, who was one of the least sacked QBs and never actually missed time for any concussions was a part of it. Interestingly he had some financial issues. Coincidence? Yeah, I am sure.

Is football detrimental? Yeah. However, these types of things are about lawsuits imo. I still do not see all of these studies done on ex NHL players that played for years in the NHL. I would bet there are many that have that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/13/s...tador-had-brain-trauma-family-to-sue-nhl.html

Just saying there are other factors at play here imo. Money is usually the factor that is really what it is all about.

I don't get your point

Are we supposed to accept concussions among High School kids or do something about it?

A lot.

Not a money thing?

I don't get your point

Are we supposed to accept concussions among High School kids or do something about it?

In my OP I said ban the sport. Did not get that? No, you didn't.

Tell it to players who no longer remember their kids names

Guess they weren't tough enough

Any of us that watch the game are contributors. Football is my favorite sport and I am second guessing whether I should be watching it. Stabler is my favorite QB of all time.

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

TS Eliot

New Topics

Forum List

Back