Here is something basic republicans do not understand about poverty

How can they afford to learn new skills? How would they have time? This is especially true if we are talking single moms. Also who is this “newbie”? Why would this “newbie” not have the same problems?

If they want a better life they MAKE the time.

The 'newbie' person that replaced the single mom is probably a HS Grad.

BTW - where in the heck is the 'baby daddy'?

Republicans will say “well if that bitch wants more money and not work at Wal-Mart anymore, she should find a better paying job! It’s her fault for having the kid!”

Here are some basic facts:

1) All or most of those workers can’t find better paying jobs because they don’t exist. Only SOME of those people would succeed because higher paying jobs are scarce.

2) Let’s say they all did find better paying jobs. Who would be left behind to fill those supermarket positions that are the backbone of the economy?

3) Yes, it is her fault for having a child she can’t afford, but it isn’t the child’s fault, is it? The child must suffer because her working mother makes peanuts? Obviously that doesn’t make any sense.

The quote in your OP needs a link.

Actually your OP needs a link. Moving to General Discussion
Wow, talk about some disjointed thoughts! Better paying jobs don't exist? How did you reach that conclusion, Billy? They exist. They've always existed. You need job skills to qualify for them.

As for who would fill the jobs? You do grasp that people enter the work force each and every year? People with zero job skills? Young people with zero experience? Entry level jobs are what those people NEED! Raising the Minimum Wage to the levels that progressives are demanding will only accomplish one thing! Those entry level jobs will go away. The very people you allegedly desire to help...you will be hurting!

As for responsibility for our children? I can't think of a bigger decision in one's life than to have children. Children are expensive yet you've got people who can't afford a pet having multiple children? Why is that? Look no further than the programs that subsidize the cost of having children! Now you're saying that it's wrong that a poor kid doesn't have the same life style as a Middle Class kid? Where does the insanity stop with you people, Billy?

How can they afford to learn new skills? How would they have time?

Work 8 hours, sleep 8 hours, leave 8 hours a day, every day.

Are you telling me you couldn't learn a new skill studying 8 hours every day for a year?
Do you believe he could? I don't. He's a very slow learner who is stuck on stupid.

For example, if a student takes a math test and gets an answer wrong. 2+2=5. And then you correct them and tell them that 2+2=4. Most would simply admit to themselves that they were wrong and learn something new that day. But some folks will never accept that they were wrong and continue to believe that 2+2=5. Therefore they will never learn basic math. So of course they will never be able to learn that 2x3=6, let alone learn algebra.

Similarly, I have pointed out to Billy000 on several occasions that a thread he started was based a logical fallacy known as a strawman argument. Yet here his is, presenting another strawman fallacy in the OP. He will never learn. He's stuck on stupid.

Last edited:
The only thing I need to understand about poverty is "Fuck you. Go be poor somewhere else...."

That's what I tell assholes who try to bum cigarettes or a dollar from me: A big "Fuck off."

They always seem to comply.
Exactly what Jesus would do,
Attack JGalt with a scourge of cords and take the money. Then get crucified for it. Or more likely, just take a high velocity chunk of lead to their center of mass.

Republicans will say “well if that bitch wants more money and not work at Wal-Mart anymore, she should find a better paying job! It’s her fault for having the kid!”

1) All or most of those workers can’t find better paying jobs because they don’t exist. Only SOME of those people would succeed because higher paying jobs are scarce.

2) Let’s say they all did find better paying jobs. Who would be left behind to fill those supermarket positions that are the backbone of the economy?

3) Yes, it is her fault for having a child she can’t afford, but it isn’t the child’s fault, is it? The child must suffer because her working mother makes peanuts? Obviously that doesn’t make any sense.

college grads make more $$$$----send your kids to college--SIMPLE!!!!

The best way for somebody to stay out of poverty is to not vote for Liberal politicians that screw up the economy with failed Liberal polices.

These assholes elect Democrats that fuck up the economy and then blame somebody else.

For instance when Obama was President poverty increased, welfare increased, family income decreased and we had dismal economic growth.

Anybody that voted for Obama helped to create the problem.

Why does a 30-something year old male want to discuss the issues of single motherhood? First off, that's cancer of society by so many standards, but second, how can you relate as a privileged white male?

A hypothesis: Someone stuck something into crazy something having an "accident", and now that crazy something is not doing well he wants unrelated people to pay for the cluster F of events.

Not every job can be done by a machine and so I second this.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The congressional Republicans limited knowledge of poverty is everything they need to know.

For the past five decades it has been the goal of the GOP,‭ ‬at all levels of government,‭ ‬to develop policies to increase the percentage in the upward flow of wealth every year.‭ ‬To accomplish this,‭ ‬poverty must increase to provide the funds to make this upward flow of wealth possible.

The congressional Democrats‭’ ‬opposition to the Republicans‭’ ‬theft of middle and lower class income has waned over these decades.‭ ‬The handful of beneficiaries to these GOP policies to move hundreds-of-billions of dollars up and away from the working class, decided to make it worth the Democrats while to join with the Republicans rather than oppose them.

Currently,‭ ‬the combined efforts of the congressional Republicans and Democrats to push worker wages down has over‭ ‬42.4%‭ of working Americans ‬earning less than a living wage.‭ ‬Add to this,‭ ‬the number of elderly Americans living on small pensions plus Social Security benefits and those living solely on Social Security benefits,‭ ‬pushes this percentage of Americans to well over fifty percent.

With over fifty percent of the American public forced to rely on incomes below what a living wage provides,‭ ‬it should be apparent to all but the incredibly stupid,‭ ‬the success of the of the congressional Republicans and Democrats in moving wealth from the bottom to the top has been phenomenal.

Didn’t you, Billy000 and bleeding heart, tolerant, inclusive ignorant fools beg tens of millions of desperate thirdworld wetbacks to invade our nation and destroy the low to middle class job markets / pay scales? When will you dumbmotherfuckers get out of your own way and stop bitching about all your self induced failures?

How can they afford to learn new skills? How would they have time?

Work 8 hours, sleep 8 hours, leave 8 hours a day, every day.

Are you telling me you couldn't learn a new skill studying 8 hours every day for a year?
That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard lol. If you ever in your life had that schedule you wouldn’t last 3 days. You are so full of shit lol.

Billy honey. How do people go to school to get master's degrees part time, while working with a family?

You come across as very lazy and jealous / envious.
We are talking about single parents you dumb fucking idiot. They couldn’t work 8 hours, go to school 8 hours and sleep the remaining 8. Lol god you people are such morons.

Sugar who said go to school 8 hours a day?

Please quote exactly where.

Let me help you yet again.

The point that eludes you (typical) is that there are 8 hours available.
Why not better yourself.

You couldn't take one class.

Billy have you ever owned your own business?

Gone for post-secondary education?
You dumb mother fucking piece of shit. We were talking about a single parent working and going to school. How are you this fucking stupid? Why would we be simply talking about working an 8 hour day and nothing else? I know you’re trying really hard to own me or whatever in this thread but your attempts are pathetic lol

Only in your tiny little non-working brain.

He has owned you from the day you showed up.

I know several single mothers who are working hard to improve themselves. They get the support of friends around them as they work more than 40 hours and still go to school.

View attachment 421975

Then why don't you sell everything you have and give it to her so you can apply for sainthood.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Liberals talk charity, but it is conservatives who actually provide it.

1606490976914.png

The only thing I need to understand about poverty is "Fuck you. Go be poor somewhere else...."

That's what I tell assholes who try to bum cigarettes or a dollar from me: A big "Fuck off."

Wow man, you sound super tough... way to go!

of course she could just marry the childs father and then they have two incomes,,,

Wow man, you sound super tough... way to go!

Sorry I didn't give you that cigarette and a dollar you asked for. But you were just so unkempt and smelly, it made my trigger finger a little itchy.

Mr Glock told me that he's glad you went about your way. I had just given him a good cleaning the day before, and he said he didn't want to get all dirty again.

New Topics

Forum List

Back