Here is one to ponder

SC Patriot

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2020
One of my employees in my NY office called me to tell me her brother came home from a short trip and had to take a COVID test and he tested positive. She explained to me that she has not yet seen her brother as he arrived home while she was at work. So me and my partner decided to put her up in a hotel for 10 days and her dad, who also had not been in contact with her brother brought her what she needed for a 10 day stay at a hotel.

She got a call from "Contact tracing of NY" who told her that she must quarantine herself for 2 weeks and not go to work. She explained she had not seen her brother since he went away and she tested negative yesterday and she is staying in a hotel.

They commended her for taking such action but explained the NY mandate says she is not allowed to go to work for 2 weeks and if at a hotel she must remain in her room for 2 weeks and may have room service who will deliver her food to the door, or go home for two weeks...the home with COVID.

So....Now I have a choice............. paying for a hotel for 2 weeks, while I pay her a salary while she is mandated to not work OR send her home for the two weeks to a home with COVID.

So she did the smart thing, I did the right thing and NY doesn't give a crap.....the rules are them there rules.

Go figure.

1614822312131.png

Use your PPP loan proceeds.
Not complaining about the money. She is a valuable employee. She did the smart thing, I did the right thing and we all lose.
That was the point.
I need her and she is mandated not to work even though she and I did what was needed to be done.

One of my employees in my NY office called me to tell me her brother came home from a short trip and had to take a COVID test and he tested positive. She explained to me that she has not yet seen her brother as he arrived home while she was at work. So me and my partner decided to put her up in a hotel for 10 days and her dad, who also had not been in contact with her brother brought her what she needed for a 10 day stay at a hotel.

She got a call from "Contact tracing of NY" who told her that she must quarantine herself for 2 weeks and not go to work. She explained she had not seen her brother since he went away and she tested negative yesterday and she is staying in a hotel.

They commended her for taking such action but explained the NY mandate says she is not allowed to go to work for 2 weeks and if at a hotel she must remain in her room for 2 weeks and may have room service who will deliver her food to the door, or go home for two weeks...the home with COVID.

So....Now I have a choice............. paying for a hotel for 2 weeks, while I pay her a salary while she is mandated to not work OR send her home for the two weeks to a home with COVID.

So she did the smart thing, I did the right thing and NY doesn't give a crap.....the rules are them there rules.

Go figure.
It's Orwellian Democrats fucking over our country.

Not complaining about the money. She is a valuable employee. She did the smart thing, I did the right thing and we all lose.
That was the point.
I need her and she is mandated not to work even though she and I did what was needed to be done.
You'll never lose by doing the right thing...............EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!

Go figure.
It's Orwellian Democrats fucking over our country.
Well it is a good way for moderate and conserv dems to see how they really fist fucked themselves by voting for these thieving murderers

That was the point.
My clients will lose.
She is a superstar.
Sadly, she can not leave her hotel room for 2 weeks unless I tell her to go home to where the Covid is.

What a choice....sit in a hotel room 24/7 or sit in a house with Covid.

And all she did was the smart thing.

That was the point.
My clients will lose.
She is a superstar.
Sadly, she can not leave her hotel room for 2 weeks unless I tell her to go home to where the Covid is.

Well since you are paying her have her get on the phone and start prospecting and cold calling and bring in more bidness. Generous commissions for her though.

That was the point.
My clients will lose.
She is a superstar.

Ahhhhh.....A Superstar. Those must be handled like a 500 yr old unopened bottle of wine. Sometimes a SS is the boss over you...lol.....................The high maintenance and drama people ones are exhausting....lol

Go figure.
PCR tests have about a 1.5% false positive rate. It's probably higher, but that is the reported value. So if 100M people get tested, there will be 1.5M false positives.

If a person is completely asymptomatic, they aren't going to spread squat. I would completely ignore the first erroneous test result if the individual had absolutely no symptoms. One is always entitled to get a second opinion.

That's just me. Bow to the bureaucrats who got C's in Science if you want.

Me, I stay home when I am sick, and there is no chance I would ever get a COVID test. Not really sure why anyone would if they are asymptomatic. They must have an urge to post something on social media if they do. You don't have to have any medical procedure against your will if you are conscious, and you have a fundamental right as a US citizen to travel freely between states.

Even certain Canadians know more about their fundamental freedoms than we do. This guy refuses a mask, refuses a test, and tells everyone else to do the same, while proving it is perfectly legal to simply walk out of the airport. A true patriot...

The insanity will not end until we make it end. Please join me in refusing to comply with tyranny (quarantine of healthy people, wearing an unnecessary and arguably-ineffective mask for 18 months, etc.)

Regards,
Jim

Well, since it's the NY office, have you considered sending her to a nursing home? She may need some aging make-up to get her in, but it might work out best for you all.

The problem isn’t the rules. You are doing the smart thing. I commend it. The problem is that common sense has been legislated and litigated out of our society.

The rules are enforced. Period. No option or alternatives exist. Now. If common sense prevailed we would say she hadn’t been exposed and was fine. But common sense is absent. As it has been my entire life.

And it is my fault as well as all of you. It is all our fault. Conservative and Liberal. Republicans and Democrats. It is our fault.

I would suggest you keep your valued employee in the hotel. If she returns home she may end up testing positive and at a minimum end up missing even more work. Perhaps even becoming symptomatic and missing far more than the two weeks.

Again, from what you have said this is common sense. It is not the good answer. There is no good answer available. It is the least worst answer.

New Topics

Forum List

Back