Here is an idea for EU - Social Media war

CowboyTed

Platinum Member
Sep 22, 2014
Ireland
I was looking at the numbers on COVID here in Ireland.

71% of ICU COVID Beds are unvaccinated...
  • They are generally young < 50
  • Half of them are born outside Ireland, generally Eastern Europe.

When asking it was discovered that these people don't watch the news and are getting their news from Social Media and other forums... While we have some fact checking by the companies (e.g Meta, Twitter...) they generally are poor outside the main three languages..
My Idea :
We have access to be able to buy some of the best social media listening and marketing tools(given a link). We can use them legally and create even more powerful bots and fight misinformation with facts... We treat it like a war and we bring out the big guns.. Lets make this not a fair fight, lets over power them

We spend the money on advertising too with rules to these platforms that as a major customer we expect them to do there bit.

Example of one type of tool:

BTW
Of the cases in fully vaccinated individuals (n=181):
Median age was 67 years (range: 30 to 88 years);
Mean age was 66 years •
174 cases (96%) were reported to have an underlying medical condition •
66 cases (36%) were reported to have died •
There was one admission to ICU in June, 6 in July, 40 in August, 42 in September, 59 in October, and 33 in November

When asking it was discovered that these people don't watch the news and are getting their news from Social Media and other forums... While we have some fact checking by the companies (e.g Meta, Twitter...) they generally are poor outside the main three languages..
My Idea :
We have access to be able to buy some of the best social media listening and marketing tools(given a link). We can use them legally and create even more powerful bots and fight misinformation with facts... We treat it like a war and we bring out the big guns.. Lets make this not a fair fight, lets over power them

We spend the money on advertising too with rules to these platforms that as a major customer we expect them to do there bit.

BTW
Mean age was 66 years •
There was one admission to ICU in June, 6 in July, 40 in August, 42 in September, 59 in October, and 33 in November

It couldn't hurt to try.

I'm still amazed at how anti-science people can be. It's 2021, people.

My Idea :

BTW
Mean age was 66 years •
Its a good idea. The loons own social media at the moment.

It couldn't hurt to try.

I'm still amazed at how anti-science people can be. It's 2021, people.
It came up in an article in Ireland this weekend... Guy asked for a newspaper in a pub in Dublin and the young staff just didn't understand why people still want a physical newspaper...

You add that with a large eastern generally younger population who are heavy users of social media in there own language...

John Oliver mentioned it in passing during one of segments:

So it looks like this is an area of the Social Media which is full of people who mistrust the government and are left to come up with there ideas and push misinformation...

Forum List

Back