Here come the Irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Ended 2010 on a 4 game win streak.

Punked Utah - won at USC - PUNKED MIAMI in the Sun Bowl.

Ended 2010 on a 4 game win streak.

Punked Utah - won at USC - PUNKED MIAMI in the Sun Bowl.
Soooooooooooo, where's the Irish?

I watched what looked like a small school high school team on saturday, that looked really bad, but they called themselves the Irish for some reason.

Oh well, at least a real football team like the Trojans won!

Fight On, U-S-C!

South Florida 23 ND 20 (almost predictable)

ND beats these guys 9 times out of 10 - at THEIR place. They usually play a couple of stinkeroo games a season - like last year against Tulsa and Navy. You can get away with a couple of games like that in the NFL but not in Div 1. So - SEASON OVER????

You don't win a lot of games with 5 turnovers - 3 in the red zone - one of which was returned the other way for a Bulls TD. (14 point swing)

Real season starts next week at the Big House (Michigan) Think they have an established starter at QB -Tommy Rees.

Should be called the Please No Lightning Bowl.

South Florida 23 ND 20 (almost predictable)

ND beats these guys 9 times out of 10 - at THEIR place. They usually play a couple of stinkeroo games a season - like last year against Tulsa and Navy. You can get away with a couple of games like that in the NFL but not in Div 1. So - SEASON OVER????

You don't win a lot of games with 5 turnovers - 3 in the red zone - one of which was returned the other way for a Bulls TD. (14 point swing)

Real season starts next week at the Big House (Michigan) Think they have an established starter at QB -Tommy Rees.

Should be called the Please No Lightning Bowl.
Like Oregon, ND is now playing for a second tier Bowl bid.

Watching ND on Saturday, they didn't look very well coached. Lot of confusion, and really bad plays. The play calling didn't shine either.

ND needs a rebound game at The Big House.

And then beat the pesky Mich St Spartans the next week in South Bend.

Do that - and they will be in the hunt for a BCS bowl.

I watched the USC -Minn game - Trojans looked terrible. So did UCLA.

Glad to see Oregon lose.

ND won the NC in 1993 - beat Florida St head-to-head.

Yet FSU got the NC -even though both teams had one loss

Hail to the Victors

U of M will crush Notre Dame under the lights in the first ever night game at Michigan. If and only if they can still walk after the beating they get, they might be able to get on the field for Michigan State for yet another beating.

GO BLUE!!!!!

Notre Dame cannot lose enough.

Even my favorite team, the Orangemen of Syracuse, defeated Notre Lame amidst the worst period in the history of SU football under the terrible coach Greg Robinson bringing a 2-8 team to South Bend as 20 pt dogs and giving the Irish one of their worst losses in program history encouraging the Notre Lame faithful to hurl snowballs at their own team. It was beautiful.

See November 18, 1961 and you will understand one reason why I will despise them forever.

It is especially satisfying to see them lose yet again to a Big East team. A conference where Notre Lame screws over the conference by remaining independent in football, but not in the other sports.

If the superconferences become a reality, I wonder where Notre Lame will end up in the mix. Probably in a Big 10 +6 superconference.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

The eternal anti-ND bias..................................
Hey, don't blame me that ND purposely loads themselves up primarily with patsies every year.

One of the patsies on ND schedule in 1993 was USC - who the Irish whupped for about the about the 10tn straight year.

And they also beat a top 5 Michigan team in the Big House .......
That's when the Irish still had their luster, despite the fact that they've always loaded their schedules primarily with patsies.

Face it, the Notre Dame mystique left town years ago. They can't recruit like they used too. Seriously, it's time they join a real conference, and stop being pussies. No great player coming out of high school is going to want to play a schedule primarily filled with a bunch of patsies, particularly when the players surrounding him are second rate, at best.

R U serious?????

NDs incoming freshman class is LOADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have a freshman QB who is the second coming of Tony Rice -with gaudy awesome stats - from SC -where Rice came from.

And did I mention in a previous post that Michael Floyd will be te best WR since Jerry Rice?

Practically kept ND in the So Florida game single-handedly.......................

Last edited:
Heres the KICKER - after ND lost to Boston College on a last second FG 41-39 - they got dumped to #3 in the polls - and didnt even get a chance to replay Florida St - a team they defeated handilyy 31-24 and the game wasnt that close.
\
Instead - FSU beat a very mediocre Nebraska team and was declared the 1993 National Champions....................

Early losses are not always fatal.

I remember back in 1977 - ND lost an early game to Ole Miss - then Devine finally put in Montana and they steamrolled the rest of the way ie 49-17 over USC and 38-10 over Texas in the Cotton Bowl.

Concensus slam-dunk National Champions...................

Early losses are not always fatal.

I remember back in 1977 - ND lost an early game to Ole Miss - then Devine finally put in Montana and they steamrolled the rest of the way ie 49-17 over USC and 38-10 over Texas in the Cotton Bowl.

Concensus slam-dunk National Champions...................
The BS BCS has changed everything.

They lost major points by losing to a second tier team, South Florida....Oregon will fair much better according to the BCS system.

Notre Dame still gets top recruits but teams bring their A-game against them and they have been losing a bunch of games this past decade.

I didn't think Navy was ever going to beat ND and now they've got what, 2 out of the last 3?

Tulsa?

I could forgive Notre Dame and would welcome them to the Big East where they belong but I will continue to enjoy watching Big East teams beat up on them.

The 'Cuse is playing the Trojans soon. If USC plays like they did against Minny and SU plays like they did in the last 11 minutes of regulation and OT it will be a fight.

Forum List

Back