Herd immunity is still best immunity

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Well surprise surprise.

"According to a new study, those who survived COVID-19 have such a strong natural immunity that their chance of reinfection or severe side effects is minimal.

The study, conducted by researchers in Qatar and published in the New England Journal of Medicine reviewed global databases for 353,000 patients infected between February 28, 2020 and April 28, 2021, per Just the News.
The researchers excluded about 87,500 people who were vaccinated and found that of the remaining population, only 1,304 got reinfected.

“Reinfections had 90% lower odds of resulting in hospitalization or death than primary infections,” the researchers said. “…Reinfections were rare and were generally mild, perhaps because of the primed immune system after primary infection.”
“Accordingly, for a person who has already had a primary infection, the risk of having a severe reinfection is only approximately 1% of the risk of a previously uninfected person having a severe primary infection,” the study found."

STUDY: COVID-19 Survivors with Natural Immunity at Low Risk for Reinfection, Severe Symptoms

Well surprise surprise.

"According to a new study, those who survived COVID-19 have such a strong natural immunity that their chance of reinfection or severe side effects is minimal.

The study, conducted by researchers in Qatar and published in the New England Journal of Medicine reviewed global databases for 353,000 patients infected between February 28, 2020 and April 28, 2021, per Just the News.
The researchers excluded about 87,500 people who were vaccinated and found that of the remaining population, only 1,304 got reinfected.

“Reinfections had 90% lower odds of resulting in hospitalization or death than primary infections,” the researchers said. “…Reinfections were rare and were generally mild, perhaps because of the primed immune system after primary infection.”
“Accordingly, for a person who has already had a primary infection, the risk of having a severe reinfection is only approximately 1% of the risk of a previously uninfected person having a severe primary infection,” the study found."

STUDY: COVID-19 Survivors with Natural Immunity at Low Risk for Reinfection, Severe Symptoms
No..it isn't. If you ascribe to this theory, you'll have deaths in the millions. Bodies piled up in the street just like we saw in Italy last year.
Simply not a viable course of action...now..back to reality. :)

No..it isn't. If you ascribe to this theory, you'll have deaths in the millions. Bodies piled up in the street just like we saw in Italy last year.
Simply not a viable course of action...now..back to reality. :)
Ahhh another doctor added to the USMB Covid team, trained at Google Medical College

Congrats Dr Jack. Dr Lesh and Dr Crepitus will see you know

Well surprise surprise.

Only logical. An unvaxed is attacked with the real living thing and antibodies will be stronger than someone injected with dead virus

Keep this quiet. Don't want Dr Lesh reporting me to the AMA or Twitter

I've heard at least 10, but I'll buy 13 easily

The real factor is natural immunity will last forever compared to this weak sauce at 6 mos. But even with the jab your body will have antibodies for a long time

We're all going to get this thing vaxed or not unless you never leave your house or have anyone over

Millions had it and never knew it and still don't

I've heard at least 10, but I'll buy 13 easily

The real factor is natural immunity will last forever compared to this weak sauce at 6 mos. But even with the jab your body will have antibodies for a long time

We're all going to get this thing vaxed or not unless you never leave your house or have anyone over

Millions had it and never knew it and still don't

It's an "unnecessary medical procedure" as far as I'm concerned. Why get your tonsils or appendix out if you don't need to?

It's an "unnecessary medical procedure" as far as I'm concerned. Why get your tonsils or appendix out if you don't need to?
I'm pretty pro vax but I respect anyone who wants nothing to do with a vax

There are risks

Denial...not just a river in Egypt..or USMB. :)

Long Live the Alt-Right!! :auiqs.jpg:
Ok that was funny. I always give credit for good funnies

But I am a very pro vax person period.

I advise getting the shot, but not shaming anyone. You wanna die or get real sick, don't get vaxed. No pity from me...well not that bad but we make our own damned beds

Forum List

Back