Henotheism and Atheism

I am a non-theist
Which is what athiest means. Somewhere along the line, it was bastardized colloquially to sometimes mean, "asserts no gods exist".

You are an agnostic atheist. One who asserts there are no gods is a gnostic atheist.

Where as you don't respect others who believe in God.
False. Another ding lie to justify his own bad behavior to himself.
Where as you don't respect others who believe in God. What is that called?
does the metaphysical count or anyone who is not a christian. or any desert religions.

- it's called christianity ...
1619114489082.png

they have had no respect, uninterrupted since the 4th century. bing. and all.

I am a non-theist
Which is what athiest means. Somewhere along the line, it was bastardized colloquially to sometimes mean, "asserts no gods exist".

You are an agnostic atheist. One who asserts there are no gods is a gnostic atheist.

No.

An atheist denies the existence of any gods.

I don't deny the existence of any gods and I don't think it matters if there are or there aren't. Maybe i should coin a new word.

How about Apatheist?

Defined as uncaring or indifferent to the possibility that gods may or may not exist.

Defined as uncaring or indifferent to the possibility that gods may or may not exist.
Then the question to explore is why be apathetic whether God does or does not exist?
Because I don not believe it matters.

I would not change the way I live if it was proven that a god snapped his fingers and created the universe. We showed up after the universe began and we'll be extinct before the universe ends. So the only thing that matters as far as I'm concerned is what we do in the short time we are alive.

Then the question to explore is why be apathetic whether God does or does not exist?

I would not change the way I live if it was proven that a god snapped his fingers and created the universe. We showed up after the universe began and we'll be extinct before the universe ends. So the only thing that matters as far as I'm concerned is what we do in the short time we are alive.
Purpose matters.

Purpose matters.
I define my purpose not you and not some god that may or may not exist.

Purpose matters.
First things first. Does purpose matter?

I would not change the way I live if it was proven that a god snapped his fingers and created the universe.
So you are saying that if you knew the universe was created for the express reason of letting you share in God's existence, you wouldn't be appreciative and thankful and treat everything you did as a sacred act to show your gratitude and appreciation for such an amazing gift?

Purpose matters.

My purpose that I have chosen to guide my life matters to me. I really don't care if it matters to you.

I would not change the way I live if it was proven that a god snapped his fingers and created the universe.
So you are saying that if you knew the universe was created for the express reason of letting you share in God's existence, you wouldn't be appreciative and thankful and treat everything you did as a sacred act to show your gratitude and appreciation for such an amazing gift?

I feel thankful and appreciative and would feel as such whether or not any gods exist.

I feel thankful and appreciative and would feel as such whether or not any gods exist.
What do you feel thankful and appreciative for and who do you give that thanks and appreciation to?

Purpose matters.

My purpose that I have chosen to guide my life matters to me. I really don't care if it matters to you.
First things first. Does purpose matter? Is having a purpose important?

We can get into your purpose later.

An atheist denies the existence of any gods
That's the bastardized colloquial version of the word. Theism is accepting belief in personal gods. Atheism is NOT doing that. I prefer this more strictly correct definition. The word "agnostic" alone does not well define all agnostics or well exclude all atheists. There are agnostic atheists and gnostic atheists.

How about Apatheist?
I do like that term. But is is a qualified case of atheism that has no effect om the definition of atheism.

I would say i am more anti-theist. I hope there are no gods. I don't know for certain that there are not, but i hope there are not.

Would you say that is a lukewarm attitude towards God, or a sitting on the fence philosophy?

How about Apatheist?
I do like that term. But is is a qualified case of atheism that has no effect om the definition of atheism.

I would say i am more anti-theist. I hope there are no gods. I don't know for certain that there are not, but i hope there are not.
Why would you hope there is no God?
Because i have no desire for or need of a magical celestial dictator.
You have no knowledge of God to make the assumption that God is a magical celestial dictator, now do you?

So why would you assume that?

You have no knowledge of God to make the assumption that God is a magical celestial dictator, now do you?
Then it's irrelevant, and the gods make not much difference at all. Maybe i should be more clear: i sure hope none of the god characters in the major religions exist. Eww.

New Topics

Forum List

Back