Helping hand for homeless family turns up empty

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
LAKE WORTH, FLA - Meet Tiffany Williamson. Tiffany, her husband, and their three children are now homeless. "I've never been through this situation. I thought that Palm Beach County would have better options," said Tiffany.

The Williamson's troubles began when they both lost their jobs at the beginning of the summer. The bills stacked up, and the down on their luck couple, fell behind. "We were just not able to stay caught up on the bills from living paycheck to paycheck, and we we're evicted from our home," said Tiffany.

Unfortunately for the Williamson's and other families in their situation, the few organizations who will help homeless families, can't. "We only have money to help them with food, and if they are working or looking for a job, we can help them with a little bit of gas. But at this time we have no money for rent or electric or any kind of utilities....we just don't have the money for that," said Ana Avello, a volunteer with the Society of St. Vincent De Paul.

According to Avello, the lack of assistance available is all because of the economic downturn. "This year, I guess people are in worse situation, financial situations. The donations are not that great anymore," said Avello.

Read more: Helping hand for homeless family turns up empty

Forum List

Back