Help

J

Jeff

I am not real sure if this should be here or even on the board, but I am at wit's end & thought maybe someone might have a idea. My wife & I have a 2 & 3 yr old, my 2 yr old is 100% potty trained , the 3 yr old is doing great but has trouble at night, not all the time but more than I think is normal, I have read on a couple diffrent sites that this is normal until a child is up around 6 or so, I don't know if I agree with that to much. So I figured I would ask here, I am sure there are parents here that have tried diffrent ways in potty training . We have quit giving him drinks after dinner, tried rewarding him in the morning, nothing seems to work,
So I would be very thankful for any idea's .

Jeff said:
I am not real sure if this should be here or even on the board, but I am at wit's end & thought maybe someone might have a idea. My wife & I have a 2 & 3 yr old, my 2 yr old is 100% potty trained , the 3 yr old is doing great but has trouble at night, not all the time but more than I think is normal, I have read on a couple diffrent sites that this is normal until a child is up around 6 or so, I don't know if I agree with that to much. So I figured I would ask here, I am sure there are parents here that have tried diffrent ways in potty training . We have quit giving him drinks after dinner, tried rewarding him in the morning, nothing seems to work,
So I would be very thankful for any idea's .
No real solution here, but in general boys have more issues with this than girls. You might try waking him up before you and your wife go to bed. Just a suggestion.

I didn't even start trying to train mine til they were three. I seemed to think this more important than my son. So I quit. One day he looked at me & said, "I want to use the big potty like Daddy." Done.
The youger had a real problem with the toilet. Seemed to be afraid of if. But didn't take long to correct it.
Maybe you're putting so much emphasis on this that it's making him nervous. "I won't pee the bed, I won't pee the bed, damn I peed the bed". Give him some time. Go to the library & get some books if you continue to be concerned, or talk to the doc privately.

I had a chronic problem with bed-wetting until I was 6. This can be normal, for me it began after the divorce of my parents, which I don't think is an issue here.

The only thing you can do is give him support regardless and use the protective sheets. Those diapers (or big-boy diapers that look like underwear) would only serve to embarrass him and cause the problem to continue.

This stopped for me one night when I woke up in the middle of it and went to the bathroom, and I haven't had the problem since. If your doctor is saying that it is normal it is likely to be so.

Is your child in daycare at all? (If you want to know why I ask we should work in PMs).

no1tovote4 said:
I had a chronic problem with bed-wetting until I was 6. This can be normal, for me it began after the divorce of my parents, which I don't think is an issue here.

The only thing you can do is give him support regardless and use the protective sheets. Those diapers (or big-boy diapers that look like underwear) would only serve to embarrass him and cause the problem to continue.

This stopped for me one night when I woke up in the middle of it and went to the bathroom, and I haven't had the problem since. If your doctor is saying that it is normal it is likely to be so.

Is your child in daycare at all? (If you want to know why I ask we should work in PMs).
Here's an 'expert' answer:

http://parentcenter.babycenter.com/expert/preschooler/ptoilet/70552.html

no1tovote4 said:

I have a feeling I know your answer to this, as I often have that problem with children right after they start with me (approx 2 weeks, never fails). I'm going to pm you though, I'm curious.

I want to thank all who answered here, I am sure I am worried about nothing here , but figured I would ask anyway. As for Day care, no he doesn't go but the wife just did go back to work, so maybe this change has something to do with it.
Again thanks

Jeff said:
I want to thank all who answered here, I am sure I am worried about nothing here , but figured I would ask anyway. As for Day care, no he doesn't go but the wife just did go back to work, so maybe this change has something to do with it.
Again thanks
I think you're right Jeff..My dauther was trained at 2 no problems..we moved when she was almost 5 (a major change for her), a few weeks later she started having this problem..It resolved itself.

Forum List

Back