$P6150281.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 77
  • $P6150282.JPG
    $P6150282.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 75
  • $P6150283.JPG
    $P6150283.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 75
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t8MeE8Ik4Y]Help - The Beatles - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
Buy a pressure canner and a few cases of jars and you can keep those tomatoes and beans for 5 years. The eggs I would pickle.
:clap2: I need to pickle some eggs. Been many a year since I enjoyed those. Thanx !
Close ! The eggs I feed to us, the housekeeper, the dogs and my pet toucans.
'Maters will soon be ketchup and BBQ sauce. Some of the beans will get frozen.I grow them almost year round but there are times I'm out for a few weeks.
Most of the canning I do involves fruit.I have 'maters 365.The cas, cashew, mango, carambola, lychee,rambutan, longans, breadfruit, mangosteen and others are seasonal.

Buy a pressure canner and a few cases of jars and you can keep those tomatoes and beans for 5 years. The eggs I would pickle.
:clap2: I need to pickle some eggs. Been many a year since I enjoyed those. Thanx !
Close ! The eggs I feed to us, the housekeeper, the dogs and my pet toucans.
'Maters will soon be ketchup and BBQ sauce. Some of the beans will get frozen.I grow them almost year round but there are times I'm out for a few weeks.
Most of the canning I do involves fruit.I have 'maters 365.The cas, cashew, mango, carambola, lychee,rambutan, longans, breadfruit, mangosteen and others are seasonal.

We ended up putting up 150 quarts of green beans, 10 gallons of pickled corn, 50 quarts of tomatoes, we froze a lot of stuff also. Soon it will be time to kill the beef and pigs I have been rasining this year. That will fill the freezer up.

• Banned
You've got some good dirt in certain areas of West ( by God) Virginny.
You sandy or red muck ? I lived outside Blacksburg Va.,100 years ago, and grew kickass turnips and 'taters.

You've got some good dirt in certain areas of West ( by God) Virginny.
You sandy or red muck ? I lived outside Blacksburg Va.,100 years ago, and grew kickass turnips and 'taters.

Sandy. Its real easy to till. The big problem is finding flat spots to grow on. Most of the corn we grew this year went to feed and we grow that on the side of a hill. My wife grows a salad garden every year, lettuce, onion, cauliflower,etc.

I have family in Blacksburg.
Where ya at now Douger?
HQ is Costa Rica and I have a small pineapple farm in Nicaragua and a half grape-half Kiwi operation in Chile. I spend most of my time in CR and I'm only about two hours car-1 hour boat, away from the farm in Nicaragua.

Last edited:
Where ya at now Douger?
HQ is Costa Rica and I have a small pineapple farm in Nicaragua and a half grape-half Kiwi operation in Chile. I spend most of my time in CR and I'm only about two hours car-1 hour boat, away from the farm in Nicaragua.

Cool. No actually pretty hot down there I would expect.
Has Rush moved down there with you yet? H promised to if Obamacare passed.

I dunno what to do with all this shit.:confused:

You don't have much options.
It is still summer, and animals are roaming in the forests.
Try to make some fried egg with what you have and give the rest to the animals.
And if your creation of fried eggs doesn't taste give it to the animals, too.

Last month, I bought a whole sheep with the skin removed.
I left about 4-5 KG of flesh on spine and ribs and through the bones into the forest at night.

Where ya at now Douger?

Cool. No actually pretty hot down there I would expect.
Has Rush moved down there with you yet? H promised to if Obamacare passed.
LOL. Rush would be killed in hours. Tico's don't tolerate arrogance.
My farm in Nica is hot as hell(sea level) but here I'm at about 2800 feet so it rarely tops 78.
65 at night.Hawaii windward type climate. Matter of fact I have tons of friends from Hawaii who live here.All farmers. Mostly macadamia.

New Topics

Forum List

Back