Help! Statement of Purpose for graduate at American University

manonfire

Rookie
Mar 15, 2013
Hello dear forums members,

I am a Danish student wishing to pursue my degree - and hopefully future career - in the United States.

Doing so I have to write an application with a statement of purpose to the admission committee and I was hoping a gent soul might help me out with the American language regarding miss formulations and grammatical errors.

The main strategy applied is to have the reader actually read the attached document with my article called 'Education v2.0'.

In advance, thanks!

Statement of Purpose - M.Sc. in Computer Science

Who Am I? Besides being Danish, studying B.Adm and IT I am a young dedicated scholar with a vivid imagination, a love for creating real value using Computer Science and figuring how to turn my good ideas into great products.

What do i want to do? I want to take the static pillars of society, pull them up and replace them.
I so do believe that ten years from now the world will change, we will have a different main language than English, different way of creating and comprehending information compared to the dull ways writing and reading currently in state, kids at the age of six, before even being ‘school mature’ as it is in our current society, will speak several languages, read, write, take decisions based on analytically reasoning not observed before at that age. Ten years from now your school will not exists in it’s current format, ph.d.s, masters and other titles will be nothing but signs of a legacy system once used.

I want to change Education and not just education, but create a total comprehension of the human being and it’s mind. I want to see the human at its best and maximize our brilliant resource - a resource that we have 7.2 billion of as I am typing.

The Master at your school is an important part of my plan on how to change education, First of all it would allow me to specialize within the field of Data Analysis, as this specific area entice me the most as well as being the main driver for making sense of the heavy data approach being presented in the article supplied ‘Education v2.0’ on how to change education. Furthermore it allows me to collaborate with the best people in the world within other branches of CS essential to the improvement of education as stated in my article, such as Artificial intelligence and robotics in order to gather the data needed to analyse children.

Besides the academical reason I hunger for a place with the same enthusiasm and drive as I have towards making a difference. A place where taking initiative and trying something new is promoted and looked up to. A place that someone with a big dreams and grand gestures would feel welcome.

Furthermore a I would like to participate in the MBA joint degree as well applying to the D-school in case of admission. This would allow me to further develop the business mind, group working capabilities and collaborative skills needed to go from idea to reality and work across academic boundaries to fields such as Neuroscience and Psychology, which is an essential backbone of the Education v2.0 concepts.

Now it is easy to say that one is ‘convergent thinking’, ‘creative’, ‘innovative’ and what other fancy buzzwords corporate people might use these days. Especially seeing as creativeness is a subjective measure of imagination and convergent thinking combined with a hunger and drive to apply it and make a difference, which does not quite fit the conventional schema of the classical resume. Because of that I have chosen to illustrate a handful of ideas I have had through the last few months as well as an article on my most favorite subject of interest called Education v2.0. The ideas and articles supplied relies on pictures as that is how my ideas are articulated in my mind.

Hello dear forums members,

I am a Danish student wishing to pursue my degree - and hopefully future career - in the United States.

Doing so I have to write an application with a statement of purpose to the admission committee and I was hoping a gent soul might help me out with the American language regarding miss formulations and grammatical errors.

The main strategy applied is to have the reader actually read the attached document with my article called 'Education v2.0'.

In advance, thanks!
Statement of Purpose - M.Sc. in Computer Science

you would be better off researching the issue for yourself.

there are TONS of examples of those types of letters on the web - and many forums of the same involved people over it.

This is the wrong one, I can guarantee you.

these are the results of the google of the phrase "Statement of Purpose - M.Sc. in Computer Science"
https://www.google.com/#q=statement+of+purpose+letter+for+M.Sc.+in+Computer+Science

since the results came all about UK - are you sure the degree you are applying for is named exactly that in American system?

Now, when I googled the phrase "statement of purpose letter for masters degree in Computer Science" the results were absolutely different:
https://www.google.com/#q=statement+of+purpose+letter+for+masters+degree.+in+Computer+Science

there are sites which will also check the composed letter for you for like 20$ ( I used one when I was writing personal statement for the residency application).

But you have to work on it YOURSELF. Nobody will do it for you.
You can compare your own letter to the samples online and you will see if that is good.

There are some general rules for ANY letter of this sort - it has to be concise, it can not be BORING ( therefore a little bit af a story or a light humorous note is recommended) and it can not extend more than for a loose page.

Good luck!

Forum List

Back