Help! Rust on kitchen knives....why???

The incomparable Julia Child held an absolute detestation for stainless steel knives. She considered them cheap, shoddy, and incapable of holding a good edge compared to the more common (in her day) carbon steel knives.

Carbon steel knives will rust if left unattended in poor conditions. But, a past of baking soda and vinegar and a soft pad will take that rust right off the blade.

The incomparable Julia Child held an absolute detestation for stainless steel knives. She considered them cheap, shoddy, and incapable of holding a good edge compared to the more common (in her day) carbon steel knives.

Carbon steel knives will rust if left unattended in poor conditions. But, a past of baking soda and vinegar and a soft pad will take that rust right off the blade.
I like Julia.

Sharpen the knives, wash, and keep them dry.

Stop being lazy, Bitch.
Washing shit by hand cuts into drinking time ffs.

If you spend 2k on a knife set believe me,you'll wash em by hand.
I spend 2k on electronics and unnecessary car parts. Its a fucking steak knife. 2k??? Ummm no!

Nooo......A whole set of Wusthof knives.
They'll last a lifetime if you take care of them.
I didnt have to sharpen my set for six years.
I have never paid for good silverware. 8 have some nice cookware but my first wife got our good knives in the divorce and I bought cheap shit and never looked back.
Having said that, cutting hard skinned veggies does suck so maybe I'll invest in a nice set but not this year or winter. I'm about to be living off savings. Winter is always a bitch in my business and I suspect this winter will be worse than ever because of covid cooties
You should be a fucking comedian. Steal a fucking mask, apparently you can't take it from an X or take it from a local clinic. Dirt Bag.

View attachment 425210

So everytime I was knives, and only knives, in my dishwasher (new one as of a few days ago) they come out looking like old rusty bolts. None of my other silverware does this and it's driving me nuts.
A simple google would have fixed your silly Orange conumdrum. But instead, you had to get online and whine, as you usually do.

Stop being lazy, Bitch.

If you spend 2k on a knife set believe me,you'll wash em by hand.
I spend 2k on electronics and unnecessary car parts. Its a fucking steak knife. 2k??? Ummm no!
LOL! Stop buying cheap shit, twat. Ummm yes!

Another option is ceramic knives.
Ceramic knives stay sharp for a very long time, but the blade edge will easy chip if you use it to cut bones or frozen food, and you never put them in the dishwasher. ... :cool:
Yes, the edges do serrate easily if you are not careful. Just like obsidian blades. But they don't rust.

But admittedly, I don't have much experience using ceramic knives. I just bought them because I was curious. I never really used them much. Come to think of it, I don't even know where they are.

Last edited:
Another option is ceramic knives.
Ceramic knives stay sharp for a very long time, but the blade edge will easy chip if you use it to cut bones or frozen food, and you never put them in the dishwasher. ... :cool:

Fuck ceramic knives.
I've tried a few but they break and chip far to easy.
I tried ceramic pans and those too can fuck right off. Burn shit too easy. I'll stick to my junk (calphon) and cast iron for that
You're just a lazy fucking Knife asshole. Wash your shit. Including you nasty twat. Dayum.

View attachment 425210

So everytime I was knives, and only knives, in my dishwasher (new one as of a few days ago) they come out looking like old rusty bolts. None of my other silverware does this and it's driving me nuts.
They el cheapos.
Perhaps. I have nice tennis shoes tho so?
If you can't afford a descent set of knives that don't rust in the fucking dishwasher, then you sure as shit can't afford a descent pair of fucking tennis shoes.

Here, for you delicate feet.

utting hard skinned veggies does suck so maybe I'll invest in a nice set

No kitchen should be without a good quality mandoline.

img24o.jpg

de Buyer Revolution Dicing Mandoline

You should have bought Sheffield stainless steel.
Although most of my cutlery is antique solid silver. Yes, they would blacken but that is why we have cleaners.

If your thinking you couldn't possibly afford antique solid silver and cleaners, then maybe you should have tried harder at school!

In all my years I have never had a knife rust on me. Maybe because of the brand, where I store them, how i clean them, etc. The only answer I could offer was El Cheapo.:dunno:

Stop being lazy, Bitch.

You dont have a Wife?
Traded in 2. Done with that
Which proves you fail at everything. Loser.
Like I said, you seem perpetually angry all the time. You're like an angry child all the time in every thread every day.
Try taking in a breath once and awhile.

And if you must know I divorced my first wife because she became obsessed with our church and insisted we tithed 10% of everything including business revenue BEFORE WRITE OFFS.

Second wife got hooked on prescriptions and to this day wont give them up.

Life doesn't need to be as complicated as both of them made it.

Stop being lazy, Bitch.

You dont have a Wife?
Like I said, you seem perpetually angry all the time. You're like an angry child all the time in every thread every day.

And if you must know I divorced my first wife because she became obsessed with our church and insisted we tithed 10% of everything including business revenue BEFORE WRITE OFFS.

"Seem" the key word in your interpretation of my comments. No anger here, Skippy. I have zero empathy for you and your situation in life. You made the bed, sleep in it.

Stop being lazy, Bitch.

You dont have a Wife?

"Seem" the key word in your interpretation of my comments. No anger here, Skippy. I have zero empathy for you and your situation in life. You made the bed, sleep in it.
My situation in life? No empathy? What the hell are you even talking about?
I am perfectly happy in my life ya knucklehead. A bit irritated about rusty knives I guess but that hardly the case for your empathy lol.

Get a grip

Forum List

Back