Help me give some good advice.

Echo343

Rookie
Apr 30, 2017
"When you forgive someone else it's not for them it's for your own peace."

Is that in the Bible or some other book?

Hmmm. A poignant topic for me as of late. One thing I do know for sure; is that under no circumstances will I ever forgive a person who doesn't outright ask for it. "Repentance", is a word that comes to mind, so there's more than even just asking. One has to make right the transgression. For some that can only be done at the grave.

"When you forgive someone else it's not for them it's for your own peace."

Is that in the Bible or some other book?
it's bullshit

you can be at peace with yourself and never forgive anyone

the assumption of that forgiveness shit is that you are supposedly carrying around all this anger and resentment but that isn't true.

so take my advice

someone betrays you don't forgive them, forget them and move on with your life as if that person no longer exists

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute if the strong.”

Mahatma Gandhi
The weak have to cope with being a victim somehow... Some fight back. Others... Well... What happened to Ghandi again?

Okay, I got another one, let's say "hypothetically" Your mom did some pretty fucked up shit like "abandoning your two sons with a babysitter on the other side of the country from any family so the kids were put in foster care" because she loved drugs more than her own kids. NOW. 7 years later The mom is sober for 2 years, got her shit together and her son forgives her for what she did. AND...AND! She says that it never happened! The mom is in such a state of denial that she was trying to say that we were making all of this up! Overdramatizing the Past! That's not even the worst thing she's done. It never happened in her eyes. Like what the Fuck happened? I just need a 3rd party opinion on this "hypothetically true story" .

That is her problem, how she deals with her own flaws. Why do you think you need anything from her in order for you to let go of it??? This is obviously your own problem to deal with and work out.

Okay, I got another one, let's say "hypothetically" Your mom did some pretty fucked up shit like "abandoning your two sons with a babysitter on the other side of the country from any family so the kids were put in foster care" because she loved drugs more than her own kids. NOW. 7 years later The mom is sober for 2 years, got her shit together and her son forgives her for what she did. AND...AND! She says that it never happened! The mom is in such a state of denial that she was trying to say that we were making all of this up! Overdramatizing the Past! That's not even the worst thing she's done. It never happened in her eyes. Like what the Fuck happened? I just need a 3rd party opinion on this "hypothetically true story" .
Hypotheticals are pointless. However it would sound as if mental illness is a factor.

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins" (Mark 11:25). "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven" (Luke 6:37).

I deleted my post, I didn't want too much "hypothetical info" in the open.

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins" (Mark 11:25). "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven" (Luke 6:37).
I don't seek any gods forgiveness. Transgressions against the flesh, are to be settled by the flesh of the transgressors. No magic sky daddy will ever assuage the wrong doings one may have commited against another. Yet another sadistic, self centered. Tenet of Christianity... The willingness to tell yourself that what you did is okay... "No one but God can judge me..." Categorically untrue. And judge, others can, and will do. Count on it.

Forum List

Back