Hello from South Dakota

mhansen2

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
South Dakota
My name is Mike. I'm a US Navy veteran and am looking for some folks with whom I can share common interests and discussions. Major interests are the histories of nuclear weapons (nukes are horrifying and fascinating at the same time) and space programs. :bye1:

giphy.gif

so whats your thoughts on women in the Navy on board fighting ships .
I believe anyone otherwise qualified can serve aboard ship.

So , what do you think of 'transgenders' in the Navy or USA military in any capacity .
I would have a difficult time around folks like that, but, again, if the person is otherwise qualified, OK. The ship's command structure should expect problems.
And , what happened with , think it was the Navy Ship Fitzgerald that was almost sunk by a commercial container vessel near Japan . I hear that the Commander and some others have been fired or relieved of duty but do you have any info Mike ??
It's going to take some time to figure out exactly what happened. I just hope the Navy does a thorough job and doesn't settle on a scapegoat like Captain McVey (USS Indianapolis) or Petty Officer Hartwig (USS Iowa).

My name is Mike. I'm a US Navy veteran and am looking for some folks with whom I can share common interests and discussions. Major interests are the histories of nuclear weapons (nukes are horrifying and fascinating at the same time) and space programs. :bye1:
You must be psyched for tomorrow! Have fun!

Unfortunately, the weather where I was going for totality is lousy, so I'll stay home and watch the 93% eclipse - IF our weather cooperates which isn't sounding too good, either. Oh well, that's the way it goes. Still plenty of time to plan for the April 8 2024 total eclipse.

So , what do you think of 'transgenders' in the Navy or USA military in any capacity .
I would have a difficult time around folks like that, but, again, if the person is otherwise qualified, OK. The ship's command structure should expect problems.
And , what happened with , think it was the Navy Ship Fitzgerald that was almost sunk by a commercial container vessel near Japan . I hear that the Commander and some others have been fired or relieved of duty but do you have any info Mike ??
It's going to take some time to figure out exactly what happened. I just hope the Navy does a thorough job and doesn't settle on a scapegoat like Captain McVey (USS Indianapolis) or Petty Officer Hartwig (USS Iowa).
----------------------------------------------thanks for your reply Mike , -------------------------my thinking about the Fitzgerald is that those responsible for the collision were 'mrobama' types like 'rear admiral john kirby' but thats simply speculation on my part Mike .

----------------------------------------------thanks for your reply Mike , -------------------------my thinking about the Fitzgerald is that those responsible for the collision were 'mrobama' types like 'rear admiral john kirby' but thats simply speculation on my part Mike .
But to be fair, if you stub your toe you also think there must have been some 'mrobama' types behind it.

Anyways welcome to the board mhansen2

But to be fair, if you stub your toe you also think there must have been some 'mrobama' types behind it.

Anyways welcome to the board mhansen2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- check out wusse 'rear admiral john kirby' , think he is a '2 star' and he is like a deer in the headlights and he is a 'mrobama' type . Maybe i'll post his picture . To think that this 'perfumed prince' ever had any kind of military of Naval authority amazes me BFlag .
^ :cuckoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back