Hello from Europe

PeteEU

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2011
Malaga region, Spain
Hey

After being recommended this site, I have decided to check it out.

I hope to have spirited and mostly civilized debate with people of opposing views on subjects that interest me and many others....... I know.. I am most likely very optimistic, but that is how I was raised so deal with it!

Politically, I am a European centrist with right wing leanings, a pragmatist, hater of hypocrites on both sides of the political scale and am a massive football fan.. you know the real kind of football. Born in Denmark, raised in the middle east and around the world and now living in Spain...

Now I must be off to drink some sangria and eat some chorizo and calamares at the beach... life on the Costa del Sol is very hard as you can see... :lol:

Welcome.

Many are not civil here but its just silly words and dosent mean much

I've been to Malaga and Costa del Sol. Went there when I was in the Navy. I can attest that you have very good sangria. Welcome and have a great day at the beach. Say hello to all the topless ladies for me. Wish I was there with you.

:welcome:

We have European football here but we call it soccer.

It is very popular in our elementary schools and is a great sport for children.

Once they grow up and become teenagers.

They then graduate to a "real" man's competitive sport like American football. :cool:

Last edited:
Hey

I hope to have spirited and mostly civilized debate with people of opposing views on subjects that interest me and many others....... I know.. I am most likely very optimistic, but that is how I was raised so deal with it!

Politically, I am a European centrist with right wing leanings, a pragmatist, hater of hypocrites on both sides of the political scale and am a massive football fan.. you know the real kind of football. Born in Denmark, raised in the middle east and around the world and now living in Spain...

Now I must be off to drink some sangria and eat some chorizo and calamares at the beach... life on the Costa del Sol is very hard as you can see... :lol:

Dude, you made my day. Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Hey

Glad to see you're a Colt's fan.

I've been to Malaga and Costa del Sol. Went there when I was in the Navy. I can attest that you have very good sangria. Welcome and have a great day at the beach. Say hello to all the topless ladies for me. Wish I was there with you.

The only place in Spain I was at (a couple of times) was Rota. And we didn't have liberty. Both times - de-snail ops following Med cruises.

Hey

I hate you already.

I drank sangiras in Spain like it was water and haven't had a good one since then and it was '93.

At least you like real football. The Monday night games must come on very late in Spain though, so you miss some of the seasons best.

At least you like real football. The Monday night games must come on very late in Spain though, so you miss some of the seasons best.

Football = Soccer.

But yes I do follow American Football some what, but since they dont send the games here then watching American Football weekly is a no go. But I usually watch the Super Bowl (which they do send....) as a tradition.. provided I can get off work the next day...

Football = Soccer.

But yes I do follow American Football some what, but since they dont send the games here then watching American Football weekly is a no go. But I usually watch the Super Bowl (which they do send....) as a tradition.. provided I can get off work the next day...

good lord

Football = manly men doing manly things.
Soccer = :gay:

hope that clears things up for you. :lol:

When I was station in Sardinia, the Super Bowl ended just in time to go to work.

Football = Soccer.

good lord

When I was station in Sardinia, the Super Bowl ended just in time to go to work.

La Maddelina ? (spelling may be off)

Football = Soccer.

good lord

La Maddelina ? (spelling may be off)

Yep!

spelling is close enough

I was on the USS Orion. Heartwarmingly refered to as "Castle Greyskull". 730 days of iso duty hell.

I was on that thing during Shield / Storm. It drove me nuts to see subs moor up, unload torpedoes, load missles then come back a week later just to load missles

Hey

Hi Pete

1. If you are looking for civilized debate, you won't find much here.
2. In America, you are a dangerous radical liberal communist. Just ask the right-wingers here.
3. As a Liverpool fan, thanks for hammering ManU in the final!

Welcome.

Forum List

Back