Hello, everyone!

Invitation to the coffee shop...

great place to escape the political side if it gets too deep out here...

Don't mention my name as they are likely to send lead projectiles your way...

Is there any hope for Portland? Has to have an undesirable effect on the business environment...

Well, its not as bad as some Californian cities at the moment however, it could go either way.

Honestly, I hope there is redemption for Portland, but that is up for the people in Portland to stand up and do something about it now.
If not, I don't see Portland getting any better if it continues to let the minority voice, be the majority one.

Just did a Google search for downtown Portland and apparently foot traffic in the area is down 70%, that's insane.
It's also saying that workers and visitors are still not going back to downtown even a year+ after the riots have stopped in the area.

It's not the same Portland, that's for sure.

Is this an online coffee shop?

It just leads me to another thread on this forum, a bit confused lol.

Much appreciated.

Yeah, those are the breaks. Beautiful city back in the day however, not so much anymore.

Healthcare is not all that bad, at the moment I work in a sector of the healthcare field that leaves me a lone at least.
Indeed,it used to be so beautiful back sometime ago,mankind should never have been allowed to inhabit this planet,they have so much destroyed beautiful states like california and Portland,you are wise to get out of there.

Hello,

Semi newish to the political world, found your forum & thought I'd give it a go as I really liked the layout and the discussions presented.

I am eager to learn more about the world of politics, discuss politics, and hopefully, become better and discussing/debating political topics (in a civil manner of course).

Currently live in Portland, OR but I am looking to move (at least outside of Portland) and who knows in the future.
Also, I work in the healthcare field, which I have been doing now for well over 10+ years.

Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to political discourse of all kinds!

Cheers!
WElcome to USMB, NS. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Well, its not as bad as some Californian cities at the moment however, it could go either way.

Honestly, I hope there is redemption for Portland, but that is up for the people in Portland to stand up and do something about it now.
If not, I don't see Portland getting any better if it continues to let the minority voice, be the majority one.

Just did a Google search for downtown Portland and apparently foot traffic in the area is down 70%, that's insane.
It's also saying that workers and visitors are still not going back to downtown even a year+ after the riots have stopped in the area.

It's not the same Portland, that's for sure.
Portland used to be such a pretty city when my family was transferred to central Oregon area off I-5 and between Portland and Salem, and a little south of the Willamette River. I think. Kids were in elementary school, and I loved the people there not to mention the fabulous Pick your own strawberry, blueberry, and bing cherry fields and orchards. Spent a year riding my bike between home and Corvallis, where Oregon State University is, and half a year at Southern Oregon teacher's college in Ashland when my husband was transferred to Southern Oregon, also on I-5. lol Nothing in my life was prettier though than the OSU Campus in Corvallis. We transferred out of the state 5 years after we got there, but there was a very interesting art school in Portland where students sold their works to pay tuition, or something. I remember how pretty the Portland Japanese Rose Gardens were. Fabulous town back then. Hope they still have the open air concerts close to the Japanese Gardens. Hope it brings you as much joy this century as it did my family in the early 1980s.

Hello,

Semi newish to the political world, found your forum & thought I'd give it a go as I really liked the layout and the discussions presented.

I am eager to learn more about the world of politics, discuss politics, and hopefully, become better and discussing/debating political topics (in a civil manner of course).

Currently live in Portland, OR but I am looking to move (at least outside of Portland) and who knows in the future.
Also, I work in the healthcare field, which I have been doing now for well over 10+ years.

Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to political discourse of all kinds!

Cheers!
Welcome aboard. Happy to have you with us.

Hello,

Cheers!
what does semite jewish mean?

No, you're too easy... geez.. She wants a bagel.

I have no problem with you maybe being jewish. I have a problem with making posts with religious undertones on your virgin attempts. There is reality, and then there is religion... Two separate things. This is not the place to discuss the difference yet.

Forum List

Back