Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine, Navarro vs Fauci

"Grown up" and Democrat should never be used in the same sentence.

Says the guy who believes in magical thinking like "God" and "Supply Side Economics".

:rofl:

A fucking commie bashing others for magical thinking? :eek-52:

1586730118573.png

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.
View attachment 322075

Fauci and all the other experts were saying the same things at those times. Are you saying Trump should have ignored the "experts"?

They weren't at all. That's the point, dope.

yes, they were, all of them. Stop lying about this

by the way, Chinese is not a race, its a nationality.

Democrats are going to be in for a very rude awakening in the short term when hydroxychloroquine or a named branded derivative/concoction with azythromycin(e.g. Percocet) ends up being the go to drug. It is almost there now, they just don't know it because they keep watching the MSM and the lefties. Trump said it and they hate it. It is that simple. God forbid it got American back to work before the Democrats could get the amount of economic damage(and disinformation) they need to even have a chance in the upcoming election.

More and more research is showing not only its efficacy as a form of treatment, but the mechanism by which it is working. The good thing is that even the Democrats can't control this world-wide research. The entire world isn't as interested in getting at Trump at all costs, including dragging their feet with regards to this drug.

No Democrat anywhere is opposing doctors using these drugs if they are effective and recommended as a course of treatment. Widespread approval for distribution will take years of clinical trials, research, and data. But the Trump supporters see the distribution of this drug as their shot from beyond the arc to save Trump's re-election chances. Forgetting at the same time that voters this fall will be judging him on his response to the virus. Which was abysmal.
We do not have years. The virus is here and killing people daily. His response and daily briefings have been excellent and his approval ratings reflect that.

And if the patients doctor recommends the drugs as a course of treatment, it will be administered. Approval will take months, maybe years of research. Again, this isn't a miracle drug that will save Trump. He's cooked his own goose here.
Excellent briefings?..LOL. I am always amazed at Trump supporters ability to make their own reality. They really do live in their own little world. His briefings are rambling, disjointed diatribes laced with the occasional dangerous pieces of misinformation.

what misinformation has been put out at the daily briefings? you made the allegation, back it up.

Trump's handling of this unforeseen, one of a kind, virus invasion has been better than anyone could have expected. When he blocked Chinese incoming travel, you assholes called him racist (chinese is not a race) and xenophobic, same when he block travel from Europe. But those bans have saved thousands, if not millions, of american lives.

So tell us, oh brilliant one, what would hillary have done better or differently? Be specific, no talking points or bullshit.

Still on Hillary after what? 3 years now? Trump is President. Not Hillary. Not Obama. Not Biden. He owns this disaster.
Done differently? Or better? Take your pick. Rubio, Cruz, Bush, even Pence responds better.

I'll wait for the rabid Trump supporter response. :)

So in your small mind Trump is responsible for a virus created in china and lied about for months by China and the WHO?

Yes, trump is president and will be until 2025.

so let me repeat my question: what would any of your dem heroes done differently? You call it a disaster, tell us what any of them would have done to prevent the "disaster".

or as an alternative, you could just STFU and go away.

Your answer. They would have taken the virus threat seriously and acted. In other words, they would have done their jobs. All of them. Even the Republican candidates for President in 2016.
Your boy fucked up. And he'll be shown the door for it in November. But you keep hope alive. Now, back to the alt-right dungeon with you. :)

I asked you what they would have done differently, "taken it seriously" is not an answer. specifically with time lines, what would any of them have done differently? Biden said stopping travel from China was racist (chinese is not a race) and xenophobic. Now, he says it was the right thing to do. From that we can only conclude that he would have delayed the ban until more americans had been infected.

Link to Biden saying that the Travel Ban from China was racist and xenophobic. I'm going to clue you in...you won't find it because he didn't say anything about the travel ban being racist or xenophobic. Once again Trump has made you look even more the fool than you are all by your lonesome.

This is rich coming from someone who doesn’t blame China. Your logic was so flawed I laughed out loud at your expense.

Do you understand what any of those words mean? How does my pointing out that Biden did not call Trump racist or xenophobic because of his travel ban to China, but for his actual history of racism and xenophobia equate to "rich coming from someone who doesn't blame China"? What does one have to do with the other? Please, explain your "laugh out loud logic".
Nope. Until you admit that China is 100% at fault and gave me this virus, we have nothing to discuss.

do you live in the US
I live in Boston MA. Can you not read? Idiot.

do you have the virus
I have an entire thread on it. Visit it and see for yourself. Yes, I did. Now recovered and immune. China caused it so they can kiss my ass. As can you for not holding China accountable.

then some idiot in mass gave it to you. not china.

the toronado that started in kansas destroyed oklahoma city making it Kansas's fault

yore a f'n idiot supreme -
Tornado is a natural phenomenon you dumbass. China started this virus and then lied about it so it spread here. You’re so stupid it hurts.

nobody believes you had the virus and recovered - youre here too often.

what you had was your head up trumps ass, polishing his turds
The thread proved you wrong. People were cool and I answered their questions. You’re the idiot who compared a natural disaster to a man made virus. You’re stupid.
It’s not a man made virus.
Not according to the info I am seeing. Certainly most recently most of the viruses come from China.

What goofball corner of the internet are you getting your info?

I listened to the whole thing. Good for a few laughs. Next time really punch it up by posting Alex Jones, who is a bit more entertaining but no more reliable.

This poor “investigative reporter” is a hack. He clearly decided his angle and then went to find evidence to support it. To anyone with a modicum or knowledge about the topic, he sounds like an idiot. He makes insignificant details seem ground breaking (for example he breathlessly reports that a Chinese researcher had identified the spike protein when that information was widely known and studied by anyone working on Coronavirus) and his most important source is a PhD whose splash and groundbreaking work on chronic fatigue syndrome was faked, had to be retracted and was summarily dismissed from her research position. She was even arrested because she refused to return her lab books for a while. That bit was left out, but she was described by the reporter as managing a lab at the national cancer institute, which was just her post-doc position. She wasn’t even the PI. Anyway, she wrote a book a few years back about how she was the victim in all of this.

Anyway, just be careful who you listen to. There’s a lot of cranks out there.

Democrats are going to be in for a very rude awakening in the short term when hydroxychloroquine or a named branded derivative/concoction with azythromycin(e.g. Percocet) ends up being the go to drug. It is almost there now, they just don't know it because they keep watching the MSM and the lefties. Trump said it and they hate it. It is that simple. God forbid it got American back to work before the Democrats could get the amount of economic damage(and disinformation) they need to even have a chance in the upcoming election.

More and more research is showing not only its efficacy as a form of treatment, but the mechanism by which it is working. The good thing is that even the Democrats can't control this world-wide research. The entire world isn't as interested in getting at Trump at all costs, including dragging their feet with regards to this drug.

No Democrat anywhere is opposing doctors using these drugs if they are effective and recommended as a course of treatment. Widespread approval for distribution will take years of clinical trials, research, and data. But the Trump supporters see the distribution of this drug as their shot from beyond the arc to save Trump's re-election chances. Forgetting at the same time that voters this fall will be judging him on his response to the virus. Which was abysmal.
We do not have years. The virus is here and killing people daily. His response and daily briefings have been excellent and his approval ratings reflect that.

And if the patients doctor recommends the drugs as a course of treatment, it will be administered. Approval will take months, maybe years of research. Again, this isn't a miracle drug that will save Trump. He's cooked his own goose here.
Excellent briefings?..LOL. I am always amazed at Trump supporters ability to make their own reality. They really do live in their own little world. His briefings are rambling, disjointed diatribes laced with the occasional dangerous pieces of misinformation.

what misinformation has been put out at the daily briefings? you made the allegation, back it up.

Trump's handling of this unforeseen, one of a kind, virus invasion has been better than anyone could have expected. When he blocked Chinese incoming travel, you assholes called him racist (chinese is not a race) and xenophobic, same when he block travel from Europe. But those bans have saved thousands, if not millions, of american lives.

So tell us, oh brilliant one, what would hillary have done better or differently? Be specific, no talking points or bullshit.

Still on Hillary after what? 3 years now? Trump is President. Not Hillary. Not Obama. Not Biden. He owns this disaster.
Done differently? Or better? Take your pick. Rubio, Cruz, Bush, even Pence responds better.

I'll wait for the rabid Trump supporter response. :)

So in your small mind Trump is responsible for a virus created in china and lied about for months by China and the WHO?

Yes, trump is president and will be until 2025.

so let me repeat my question: what would any of your dem heroes done differently? You call it a disaster, tell us what any of them would have done to prevent the "disaster".

or as an alternative, you could just STFU and go away.

Your answer. They would have taken the virus threat seriously and acted. In other words, they would have done their jobs. All of them. Even the Republican candidates for President in 2016.
Your boy fucked up. And he'll be shown the door for it in November. But you keep hope alive. Now, back to the alt-right dungeon with you. :)

I asked you what they would have done differently, "taken it seriously" is not an answer. specifically with time lines, what would any of them have done differently? Biden said stopping travel from China was racist (chinese is not a race) and xenophobic. Now, he says it was the right thing to do. From that we can only conclude that he would have delayed the ban until more americans had been infected.

Link to Biden saying that the Travel Ban from China was racist and xenophobic. I'm going to clue you in...you won't find it because he didn't say anything about the travel ban being racist or xenophobic. Once again Trump has made you look even more the fool than you are all by your lonesome.

This is rich coming from someone who doesn’t blame China. Your logic was so flawed I laughed out loud at your expense.

Do you understand what any of those words mean? How does my pointing out that Biden did not call Trump racist or xenophobic because of his travel ban to China, but for his actual history of racism and xenophobia equate to "rich coming from someone who doesn't blame China"? What does one have to do with the other? Please, explain your "laugh out loud logic".
Nope. Until you admit that China is 100% at fault and gave me this virus, we have nothing to discuss.

do you live in the US
I live in Boston MA. Can you not read? Idiot.

do you have the virus
I have an entire thread on it. Visit it and see for yourself. Yes, I did. Now recovered and immune. China caused it so they can kiss my ass. As can you for not holding China accountable.

then some idiot in mass gave it to you. not china.

the toronado that started in kansas destroyed oklahoma city making it Kansas's fault

yore a f'n idiot supreme -
Tornado is a natural phenomenon you dumbass. China started this virus and then lied about it so it spread here. You’re so stupid it hurts.

nobody believes you had the virus and recovered - youre here too often.

what you had was your head up trumps ass, polishing his turds
The thread proved you wrong. People were cool and I answered their questions. You’re the idiot who compared a natural disaster to a man made virus. You’re stupid.
It’s not a man made virus.
Not according to the info I am seeing. Certainly most recently most of the viruses come from China.

What goofball corner of the internet are you getting your info?

colfax_m, you asked for goofball, you got goofball.

View attachment 321809

When a “news story” about a virus leads in with a lightning strike, buckle up. You’re in for a strange ride.

I know this much, Navarro has been a hawk on China, well ahead of the game in terms of what threat they pose to the world. The guy I probably most trust in his administration to stay the course on confronting abusers of America.

Fauci, has been getting sunshine shined up his behind by CNN in particular for some time. This article was co-written by that guy in high school who I would expect to rat someone out to the teacher if he heard them curse in gym class, Jim Acosta. I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years, I think it's an odd, broad position to take considering how some states are far less impacted by this virus than others.

Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine

(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

The debate is not a new one inside the coronavirus task force -- and medical experts have repeatedly explained to the President that there is a risk in enthusiastically touting hydroxychloroquine in case the drug doesn't ultimately work to combat the virus. But other aides and outside advisers have sided with Trump, including Navarro, who is still not a formal part of the task force but has wedged himself into the meetings.

Axios first reported on the disagreement inside the White House about the drug.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.
Yanno, it's refreshing to hear rational thought about America from a foreigner. I know you are not alone but it's usually the angry, bitter, anti-US twits who grab the microphone.

Thank you … :beer:

I agree. Dr Fauci's idea of a shutdown until no new cases appear is insane. He was speaking from a medical utopian perspective with no grounding in reality. We've already been shafted by the "expert" whose original models projected millions of deaths from CV-19.

"no grounding in reality"???

I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years
Whoa, hold the phone here! Can you link me to where Fauci said he wants to shut the country down for 2 years, or are you just lying?

There were only 2 possible strategies that work fast.

One is that if an epidemic is too deadly, like Ebola, then you do totally quarantine, with contact tracing.
That end any epidemic in 2 weeks if you catch it soon enough.

The other is if the epidemic is not very deadly, like covid-19, and then you want to accelerate it to reach herd immunity as quickly as possible.
Variolation of healthy volunteers is the historic means.

Flattening the curve is not a successful strategy since it can never end any epidemic.
It prevents herd immunity by conserving easy hosts, so then makes any epidemic last FOREVER, not just 2 years.

I know this much, Navarro has been a hawk on China, well ahead of the game in terms of what threat they pose to the world. The guy I probably most trust in his administration to stay the course on confronting abusers of America.

Fauci, has been getting sunshine shined up his behind by CNN in particular for some time. This article was co-written by that guy in high school who I would expect to rat someone out to the teacher if he heard them curse in gym class, Jim Acosta. I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years, I think it's an odd, broad position to take considering how some states are far less impacted by this virus than others.

(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

The debate is not a new one inside the coronavirus task force -- and medical experts have repeatedly explained to the President that there is a risk in enthusiastically touting hydroxychloroquine in case the drug doesn't ultimately work to combat the virus. But other aides and outside advisers have sided with Trump, including Navarro, who is still not a formal part of the task force but has wedged himself into the meetings.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.
So the bootlicking moron was wrong, while the world renowned scientist and doctor was correct.

What a surprise.

Democrats and their sycophant media poo pooed hydrosychloroquine because Trump suggested it as a treatment for Covid as many doctors have said. In case anyone had any doubts, the Democrats want to completely cancel and scrub anything Trump said or did and they don't care if it causes suffering and death to We The People. Their politics and power is all they care about.

One is that if an epidemic is too deadly, like Ebola, then you do totally quarantine, with contact tracing.

The other is if the epidemic is not very deadly, like covid-19, and then you want to accelerate it to reach herd immunity as quickly as possible.

Flattening the curve is not a successful strategy since it can never end any epidemic.
It prevents herd immunity by conserving easy hosts, so then makes any epidemic last FOREVER, not just 2 years.
Yes, exactly however, Democrats don't give a shit they just wanted a way to kill Trump's economy, blame him for the a so-called 'pandemic', make people wear masks and erase him from history so they could continue to play their political-power games.

I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years
Whoa, hold the phone here! Can you link me to where Fauci said he wants to shut the country down for 2 years, or are you just lying?

Not too deadly?
Two million dead with no mitigation and over 600,000 dead WITH mitigation is pretty fucking deadly

Yes, exactly however, Democrats don't give a shit they just wanted a way to kill Trump's economy, blame him for the a so-called 'pandemic', make people wear masks and erase him from history so they could continue to play their political-power games.
The stock market had already tanked by the time Trump did anything. And he only did that BECAUSE it tanked.

Had nothing to do with Democrats

Not too deadly?
Two million dead with no mitigation and over 600,000 dead WITH mitigation is pretty fucking deadly
95 to 99 percent SURVIVAL rate. You risk more driving your car. You have lost perspective.

The stock market had already tanked by the time Trump did anything. And he only did that BECAUSE it tanked.

It has everything to do with Democrat mismanagement and the desire to exact punishment and misery to We The People as they promote their mostly Marxist ideology. Your statement reeks of MSM-Democrat spin.

It has everything to do with Democrat mismanagement and the desire to exact punishment and misery to We The People as they promote their mostly Marxist ideology. Your statement reeks of MSM-Democrat spin.
Freakish cult delusion.

95 to 99 percent SURVIVAL rate.
When are you morons going to learn its not just about who lives and who dies? Gotdam you people are dumb.

We know.

It's about POWER, for both your filthy and evil Reich and your Chinese masters. China unleashed a biological weapon that was partially funded by the Obama regime and pushed by Dr. Mengele (fauci).

We know EXACTLY what it's about now that Mengele's emails have been revealed.

Forum List

Back