Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine, Navarro vs Fauci

No, not a single physician has EVER said Hydroxychloroquinine has at all been useful against any virus.
It is useful in problems with an over active immune system ONLY, like lupus, arthritis, etc.
And with some people with a bad case of COVID-19, it is the immune system response that is the most harmful, so then at that time and place, it is possible for Hydroxychloroquinine to be helpful. But it won't prevent or change the COVID-19 virus in any way.

You are SO uninformed. I posted this yesterday and will do so again I have this information from a very informed source, NOT Google.

Plaquenil or hydroxychlorquine acts as an ionophore. It punches holes in the cell membrane where the virus has already penetrated to allow zinc ions inside. Zinc prevents the virus's replication machinery. That's what make Plaquenil effective. So taking plac 1L and a zinc supplement together early on can prevent debilitating Covid 19 infection. The Z pack is there just in case you got a bacterial infection because your lungs are inflamed and raw. We are colonized with bacteria in our sinuses, so it would be easy to get a superimposed bacterial infection if the lungs are inflamed.

There is a reason doctors around the globe are prescribing this medicine. They understand the inner workings much better than the average CNN or MSNBC reporter. Unfortunately for all of us, even some physicians are so adverse to Trump and anything he says, they will give inaccurate information to the media, all the while prescribing the medicine to each other just in case.
Such bullshit.

none of these pukes bother to mention antibody treatment because it didnt fly out of trumps fat ass -

not to mention its more effective than mosquito dope.

Synthetic antibodies might offer a quick coronavirus treatment

Trump appointed a guy to look into this already. Where have you been?

reading your horseshit about mosquito dope - u dope.

ask "your source" about giving malaria drugs to people with high blood pressure problems and heart disease - like older people have more often than not -

In short, yes, it is ok to for those with high blood pressure and heart disease, particularly given the circumstance.(COVID 19)

Side effects from hydroxychloroquine are really very minimal. It’s used as first line in Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis specifically because it’s so benign.

The people listing what is on the packet insert really don’t know what they’re talking about.

Several years ago my throat began to swell up. It got a little difficult to breathe and swallow. About 2:00 am I went to the emergency room, and they took me right away. They started an IV on me. When the doctor came in, he told me the swelling in my throat was serious, and caused by my high blood pressure medication. I told the doctor I have been taking that medication for a couple of years. He told me that is irrelevant.

They cleaned me out, he instructed me never to take the medication again, and consult my doctor for a replacement.

A few weeks later, I looked into the drug. Other people experienced what I did. Some have died from being suffocated to death. They still sell that drug on the market today.

Angioedema is not extremely uncommon with that drug and probably way over reported. Deaths from it are extremely uncommon. The thing Is there is a significant mortality benefit from using that drug so benefits outweigh risks.

In terms of hydroxychloroqine, the benefits are uncertain. Let’s say it prevents every single death from COVID. Since mortality is only 1%, you have to treat 100 patients just to save one life. In terms of medicine, that’s called number needed to treat, and 100 is up there, although not extremely high. The benefit is probably pretty low. The risks are also low.

In the grand scheme of things, big picture stuff, this is really just not very relevant. If it works, or doesn’t work, this is really not that important.

From what I understand, the symptoms of this thing can be torturous. So even if somebody could survive without it, the drug itself might make people much more comfortable until they are over it. If so, that in itself would be worth using it.

Again, I'd rather endure some discomfort than permanent kidney damage or blindness. I endured 28 hours of labour with no pain meds (they reduced the effectiveness of the contractions), I can do torturous. I have experience.

Good for you, but some people can't. Furthermore it makes no sense to allow people to suffer like that if they don't have to because of politics, which this is really all about.

No Ray. This is not all about politics. This is about science. What Trump is doing is giving false hope. It's selling snake oil to frightened and desperate people. It would not suprise me one bit if the company which manufactures this drug is owned by friends of Donald Trump.

I have read every report I could find on this drug and I read nothing, that leads me to believe this drug is any kind of cure for this virus. As an asthmatic, I'll look at everything out there, and I've taken drugs, knowing that it has probably done real damage, but on the other hand, I'd be dead without it. There is nothing that I've seen that would give me any real hope on this one.

This is no different than Trump telling you that one day the virus will disappear, like magic. He desperately wants a magic pill to make it all go away, and that's not going to happen.

It's not about politics? Were you laughing or drinking when you wrote that????

Yes, it is about politics. That's why everybody on the right here is for the use of it and everybody on the left against it. Like I said, if Trump was against allowing the use of it for COVID, and Piglosi was for it, everybody here on the left would be singing the praises of hydroxychloroquine. Why? Because if it does work well, she'd be getting the credit for it, and Trump would look like the fool.

It's like the border wall. The left says they're against it because it won't work, when in reality, they are afraid it will work. It's the same thing with the treatment that the President supports.

The real partisan divide is over whether it actually works or not. The right is claiming it’s proven and effective. Trump is calling it the biggest game changer in the history of medicine.

The argument between Navarro and Fauci was that Fauci is saying don’t claim it works before we know it. What Fauci doesn’t understand is that Trump’s supporters won’t care either way. They’ve decided it works and no evidence is going to change that. Fauci doesn’t live in that world. He doesn’t understand how it works.

In some controlled tests it has worked. It should be available and the decision to use or not should be left to the individual and his/her doctor.

This argument is not about the drug, its about politics and money.

If it works it makes Trump look good, if it works there is not big payday for big pharma because its generic and cheap.
It is available, well, actually it’s in short supply so it needs to be rationed for severe cases. There is no controlled data that demonstrates effectiveness. The quality of the data is extremely poor at this time.

No one with any medical knowledge would say it’s proven to work. The political piece is Trump supporters wanting a “win” and will adhere to anything to be able to claim such.

nothing in your post is true. It is available in large quantities, there have been controlled verified studies proving that it works. Doctors are using it and it is saving lives.

its not about a political win, you asshole. its about saving lives and beating the virus.

I’m going from first hand knowledge. Are you?
what exactly is your first hand knowledge?

I work in hospital systems. Do you have first hand knowledge?

I have full access to everything that has been available by all media outlets, domestic and foreign.

Have you seen the drug used? you claim first hand knowledge regarding the drug, what is it?

The media is awful at reporting medical and scientific information. They aren’t trained for it. Furthermore, some media is highly motivated to parrot what Trump is saying. If Trump wants you to believe the drug works, they’re damn well going to toe the line.

My hospital system and state are experiencing shortages of Plaquenil. Our experience has been quite mixed. It is not a miracle.

There are reports of it curing people who were dying. the state rep from Michigan, and Dr Segal's 96 your old father, to name just two.

but the decision to use it should be made by you and your doctor, not the media or some clown crew of politicians.

All Trump has ever said is that he is hopeful that it can save lives, what do you find objectionable about that?

There are reports of people who claim shark fin soup has cured them. If Trump had stock in Shark Fin Soup, he'd probably be touting THAT at his mini rallies, er, press briefings.

And, no, that's not all Trump has said. He said "what have you got to lose". Well, according to doctors, you could lose your life.

LOL...Yeah, you could also get hit by an ice cream truck when you cross the street. Real doctors are not too concerned about the side effects of this drug. Only partisan hacks or ignorant folks.

No, not a single physician has EVER said Hydroxychloroquinine has at all been useful against any virus.
It is useful in problems with an over active immune system ONLY, like lupus, arthritis, etc.
And with some people with a bad case of COVID-19, it is the immune system response that is the most harmful, so then at that time and place, it is possible for Hydroxychloroquinine to be helpful. But it won't prevent or change the COVID-19 virus in any way.

You are SO uninformed. I posted this yesterday and will do so again I have this information from a very informed source, NOT Google.

Plaquenil or hydroxychlorquine acts as an ionophore. It punches holes in the cell membrane where the virus has already penetrated to allow zinc ions inside. Zinc prevents the virus's replication machinery. That's what make Plaquenil effective. So taking plac 1L and a zinc supplement together early on can prevent debilitating Covid 19 infection. The Z pack is there just in case you got a bacterial infection because your lungs are inflamed and raw. We are colonized with bacteria in our sinuses, so it would be easy to get a superimposed bacterial infection if the lungs are inflamed.

There is a reason doctors around the globe are prescribing this medicine. They understand the inner workings much better than the average CNN or MSNBC reporter. Unfortunately for all of us, even some physicians are so adverse to Trump and anything he says, they will give inaccurate information to the media, all the while prescribing the medicine to each other just in case.
Such bullshit.

none of these pukes bother to mention antibody treatment because it didnt fly out of trumps fat ass -

ask "your source" about giving malaria drugs to people with high blood pressure problems and heart disease - like older people have more often than not -

In short, yes, it is ok to for those with high blood pressure and heart disease, particularly given the circumstance.(COVID 19)

In short is it NOT OK for people arrhythmia, or anyone else WHO DOES NOT HAVE A PRESCRIPTION FROM THEIR PERSONAL PHYSICIAN

Side effects from hydroxychloroquine are really very minimal. It’s used as first line in Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis specifically because it’s so benign.

The people listing what is on the packet insert really don’t know what they’re talking about.

Several years ago my throat began to swell up. It got a little difficult to breathe and swallow. About 2:00 am I went to the emergency room, and they took me right away. They started an IV on me. When the doctor came in, he told me the swelling in my throat was serious, and caused by my high blood pressure medication. I told the doctor I have been taking that medication for a couple of years. He told me that is irrelevant.

They cleaned me out, he instructed me never to take the medication again, and consult my doctor for a replacement.

A few weeks later, I looked into the drug. Other people experienced what I did. Some have died from being suffocated to death. They still sell that drug on the market today.

Angioedema is not extremely uncommon with that drug and probably way over reported. Deaths from it are extremely uncommon. The thing Is there is a significant mortality benefit from using that drug so benefits outweigh risks.

In terms of hydroxychloroqine, the benefits are uncertain. Let’s say it prevents every single death from COVID. Since mortality is only 1%, you have to treat 100 patients just to save one life. In terms of medicine, that’s called number needed to treat, and 100 is up there, although not extremely high. The benefit is probably pretty low. The risks are also low.

In the grand scheme of things, big picture stuff, this is really just not very relevant. If it works, or doesn’t work, this is really not that important.

From what I understand, the symptoms of this thing can be torturous. So even if somebody could survive without it, the drug itself might make people much more comfortable until they are over it. If so, that in itself would be worth using it.

Again, I'd rather endure some discomfort than permanent kidney damage or blindness. I endured 28 hours of labour with no pain meds (they reduced the effectiveness of the contractions), I can do torturous. I have experience.

Good for you, but some people can't. Furthermore it makes no sense to allow people to suffer like that if they don't have to because of politics, which this is really all about.

No Ray. This is not all about politics. This is about science. What Trump is doing is giving false hope. It's selling snake oil to frightened and desperate people. It would not suprise me one bit if the company which manufactures this drug is owned by friends of Donald Trump.

I have read every report I could find on this drug and I read nothing, that leads me to believe this drug is any kind of cure for this virus. As an asthmatic, I'll look at everything out there, and I've taken drugs, knowing that it has probably done real damage, but on the other hand, I'd be dead without it. There is nothing that I've seen that would give me any real hope on this one.

This is no different than Trump telling you that one day the virus will disappear, like magic. He desperately wants a magic pill to make it all go away, and that's not going to happen.

Yes, it is about politics. That's why everybody on the right here is for the use of it and everybody on the left against it. Like I said, if Trump was against allowing the use of it for COVID, and Piglosi was for it, everybody here on the left would be singing the praises of hydroxychloroquine. Why? Because if it does work well, she'd be getting the credit for it, and Trump would look like the fool.

It's like the border wall. The left says they're against it because it won't work, when in reality, they are afraid it will work. It's the same thing with the treatment that the President supports.

The real partisan divide is over whether it actually works or not. The right is claiming it’s proven and effective. Trump is calling it the biggest game changer in the history of medicine.

The argument between Navarro and Fauci was that Fauci is saying don’t claim it works before we know it. What Fauci doesn’t understand is that Trump’s supporters won’t care either way. They’ve decided it works and no evidence is going to change that. Fauci doesn’t live in that world. He doesn’t understand how it works.

In some controlled tests it has worked. It should be available and the decision to use or not should be left to the individual and his/her doctor.

If it works it makes Trump look good, if it works there is not big payday for big pharma because its generic and cheap.
It is available, well, actually it’s in short supply so it needs to be rationed for severe cases. There is no controlled data that demonstrates effectiveness. The quality of the data is extremely poor at this time.

No one with any medical knowledge would say it’s proven to work. The political piece is Trump supporters wanting a “win” and will adhere to anything to be able to claim such.

nothing in your post is true. It is available in large quantities, there have been controlled verified studies proving that it works. Doctors are using it and it is saving lives.

its not about a political win, you asshole. its about saving lives and beating the virus.

I have full access to everything that has been available by all media outlets, domestic and foreign.

Have you seen the drug used? you claim first hand knowledge regarding the drug, what is it?

The media is awful at reporting medical and scientific information. They aren’t trained for it. Furthermore, some media is highly motivated to parrot what Trump is saying. If Trump wants you to believe the drug works, they’re damn well going to toe the line.

My hospital system and state are experiencing shortages of Plaquenil. Our experience has been quite mixed. It is not a miracle.

There are reports of it curing people who were dying. the state rep from Michigan, and Dr Segal's 96 your old father, to name just two.

but the decision to use it should be made by you and your doctor, not the media or some clown crew of politicians.

All Trump has ever said is that he is hopeful that it can save lives, what do you find objectionable about that?

There are reports of people who claim shark fin soup has cured them. If Trump had stock in Shark Fin Soup, he'd probably be touting THAT at his mini rallies, er, press briefings.

And, no, that's not all Trump has said. He said "what have you got to lose". Well, according to doctors, you could lose your life.

LOL...Yeah, you could also get hit by an ice cream truck when you cross the street. Real doctors are not too concerned about the side effects of this drug. Only partisan hacks or ignorant folks.

real Drs are saying-

“Our clinicians, physician-scientists, other researchers at Michigan Medicine and the University of Michigan are already actively gearing up to explore treatments and better understand how best to treat this disease and who’s at risk for it,” says Daniel Kaul, M.D., an infectious disease expert at Michigan Medicine. But until better scientific data is available, hospital caregivers have no proven antiviral therapy to offer.

Here, Kaul and Michigan Medicine’s chief of hospital medicine, Vineet Chopra, M.D., M.Sc., address the latest questions they’re frequently seeing about treatment for COVID-19, and what may be on the horizon as research continues.

And although they describe some potential therapeutic and treatment options that are being explored, both warn against seeking out these drugs on your own or trying other untested remedies. Kaul and Chopra say it’s important to allow your health care provider to evaluate your individual situation to provide the best recommendation for you.

Such bullshit.

still lying -

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Such bullshit.

Sure, if a doctor or a medical professional that has your life in their hands prescribes it. A politician who is touting it primarily as a desperate hope to save his political future? Not so much.
That would be like swallowing fish tank cleaner just because it has the same ingredient...oh...wait...nevermind.

Such bullshit.

Sure, if a doctor or a medical professional that has your life in their hands prescribes it. A politician who is touting it primarily as a desperate hope to save his political future? Not so much.
That would be like swallowing fish tank cleaner just because it has the same ingredient...oh...wait...nevermind.

You guys are like talking to elementary students.

Trump didn't say everyone should go out and try to buy hydoxychoroquine from overseas without consulting their physician. He simply said the drug is showing promise, which it is, and is being prescribed by many physicians with good results, which it is. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.

real Drs are saying-

“Our clinicians, physician-scientists, other researchers at Michigan Medicine and the University of Michigan are already actively gearing up to explore treatments and better understand how best to treat this disease and who’s at risk for it,” says Daniel Kaul, M.D., an infectious disease expert at Michigan Medicine. But until better scientific data is available, hospital caregivers have no proven antiviral therapy to offer.

Here, Kaul and Michigan Medicine’s chief of hospital medicine, Vineet Chopra, M.D., M.Sc., address the latest questions they’re frequently seeing about treatment for COVID-19, and what may be on the horizon as research continues.

And although they describe some potential therapeutic and treatment options that are being explored, both warn against seeking out these drugs on your own or trying other untested remedies. Kaul and Chopra say it’s important to allow your health care provider to evaluate your individual situation to provide the best recommendation for you.

Trump announced today that he has secured 30 million doses of his drug. This is reminescent of Rumsfeld buying millions of dollars worth of Tamiflu for the US military, which was manufactured by a company he owned, in preparation for the avian flu. It turned out that there was no pandemic of avian flu, and that Tamiflu probably doesn't work. More studies are still needed.

Trump is just following the George W. Bush Administration playbook for enriching yourself at the expense of the taxpayers.

Such bullshit.

Trump didn't say everyone should go out and try to buy hydoxychoroquine from overseas without consulting their physician. He simply said the drug is showing promise, which it is, and is being prescribed by many physicians with good results, which it is. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.

And Trump supporters are like talking to brick walls. Make America Stupid Again. No matter what is said to you, not even a simple yes, he shouldn't have said that is acknowledged.
If Fauci stands up and talks, chances are people take it like advice coming from a professional. Not a professional con artist.

Such bullshit.

And Trump supporters are like talking to brick walls. Make America Stupid Again. No matter what is said to you, not even a simple yes, he shouldn't have said that is acknowledged.
If Fauci stands up and talks, chances are people take it like advice coming from a professional. Not a professional con artist.

Tell me what you see?

EU2yNKiVAAATc6E.jpg

Only to brain dead jag offs like you.

DR. WILLIAM HASELTINE (PRESIDENT, ACCESS HEALTH INTERNATIONAL): Well, thank you for the question, Dana. It's sad, to me, that people are promoting that drug. We know already, from studies, at best it will have a very mild effect — at very best. There are studies that conflict a little bit, one from the other. One concludes it has no effect, the other concludes it has a mild effect. The net result is, whatever effect it has, it will be very mild. That drug has been used for years against many other viruses — to no effect. The thing that makes me sad about that story is some people may take it who are on other medications, who have other underlying conditions, and may have very serious, even life-threatening, consequences. It is not something to take unless a doctor prescribes it.

Most likely because Trump was stonewalled by the sham impeachment
Haha, what a freaking joke. I see the FOX News shit has trickled downhill in about 36 hours.

Yes trump was VERY busy not testifying and not producing documents. All that golfing he did was just work in disguise. Get that weak crap outta here.

Haha, what a freaking joke. I see the FOX News shit has trickled downhill in about 36 hours.

Yes trump was VERY busy not testifying and not producing documents. All that golfing he did was just work in disguise. Get that weak crap outta here.

Stuff it N*ggra. Don't you have unknown children to track down?

Haha, poor old angry white failure got his girlfriend stolen by a black kid in 7th grade. And it just got worse for him from there...poor little guy...the jealousy reeks...

Haha, poor old angry white failure got his girlfriend stolen by a black kid in 7th grade. And it just got worse for him from there...poor little guy...the jealousy reeks...

Does it? Golly, whatever will I do?

Forum List

Back