Healthy Discusion About Marijuana

ecu11b

Rookie
Mar 27, 2010
I thought that a discussion about whether or not that the current classification of Marijuana is correct. I am not trying to start a bashing competition, I just want to have a dialog about this under talked about subject.
I feel that marijuana should be legalized, regulated and taxed in the the United States for a number of reasons.
The first a most important reason is that this country is in debt $12,664,467,000,000 that is $113,443 per tax payer. Imagine if you personally owed $113,443 in taxes and kept acquiring more debt, sooner or later the lenders would cut you off but these rules don't apply to the United States Government. Since I have written this paragraph the debt has jumped up just about 1 million dollars. If Washington keeps borrowing money like that sooner or later no one will loan to them then where the will the greatest country in the world be?
In November California has bill going through it's state legislature.The initiative would tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol. Possessing up to one ounce of marijuana and growing up to 25 square feet per residence or parcel would be legal for those over 21. Sales to or possession by minors would still be banned. If this passes Cali predicts to make 1.3 billion dollars annually. Money that can be used to help the cash stricken economy California. 1.3 billion dollars in one state. If done on a national level the revenue could begin to chip away at the debt, pay for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and help the new health care bill get on its feat.
The legalization of marijuana would create jobs, from the cultivation to retail of the plant, that this country so desperately needs right now. With the unemployment rate nearly 10 percent and the under employed around 17 percent this country can't afford to say no to jobs.
A majority of the jobs that will be created will be in the hemp industry, that is currently illegal to manufacture under federal law. What is hemp? Hemp is a distinct variety of the plant species cannabis sativa L. that contains minimal (less than 1%) amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. It is a tall, slender, fibrous plant similar to flax or kenaf. Various parts of the plant can be utilized in the making of textiles, paper, paints, clothing, plastics, cosmetics, foodstuffs, insulation, animal feed and other products. (Taken from Norml.org)
Hemp can be used for over 5000 environmentally safe products to include non-toxic diesel, paper that doesn't need chlorine bleach, which heavily pollutes rives near wood-pulp paper mills, textile products and you can even build a house out of hemp and many others. Hemp also has a 100 day grow cycle and requires less pesticides and herbicides then common replacements such as cotton and leaves the soil virtually weed free for the next planting cycle.
To some it up, legalizing marijuana can reduce the national debt, provide jobs, reduce foreign dependence on oil and set our country along the right path the be environmentally safe.

smoke one marijuana cigarette and you've done the damage of 1 package of cigarettes.. not to mention loss of brain cells.. most democwats suffer from this.. :eusa_angel:

I thought that a discussion about whether or not that the current classification of Marijuana is correct. I am not trying to start a bashing competition, I just want to have a dialog about this under talked about subject.
I feel that marijuana should be legalized, regulated and taxed in the the United States for a number of reasons.
The first a most important reason is that this country is in debt $12,664,467,000,000 that is $113,443 per tax payer. Imagine if you personally owed $113,443 in taxes and kept acquiring more debt, sooner or later the lenders would cut you off but these rules don't apply to the United States Government. Since I have written this paragraph the debt has jumped up just about 1 million dollars. If Washington keeps borrowing money like that sooner or later no one will loan to them then where the will the greatest country in the world be?
In November California has bill going through it's state legislature.The initiative would tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol. Possessing up to one ounce of marijuana and growing up to 25 square feet per residence or parcel would be legal for those over 21. Sales to or possession by minors would still be banned. If this passes Cali predicts to make 1.3 billion dollars annually. Money that can be used to help the cash stricken economy California. 1.3 billion dollars in one state. If done on a national level the revenue could begin to chip away at the debt, pay for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and help the new health care bill get on its feat.
The legalization of marijuana would create jobs, from the cultivation to retail of the plant, that this country so desperately needs right now. With the unemployment rate nearly 10 percent and the under employed around 17 percent this country can't afford to say no to jobs.
A majority of the jobs that will be created will be in the hemp industry, that is currently illegal to manufacture under federal law. What is hemp? Hemp is a distinct variety of the plant species cannabis sativa L. that contains minimal (less than 1%) amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. It is a tall, slender, fibrous plant similar to flax or kenaf. Various parts of the plant can be utilized in the making of textiles, paper, paints, clothing, plastics, cosmetics, foodstuffs, insulation, animal feed and other products. (Taken from Norml.org)
Hemp can be used for over 5000 environmentally safe products to include non-toxic diesel, paper that doesn't need chlorine bleach, which heavily pollutes rives near wood-pulp paper mills, textile products and you can even build a house out of hemp and many others. Hemp also has a 100 day grow cycle and requires less pesticides and herbicides then common replacements such as cotton and leaves the soil virtually weed free for the next planting cycle.
To some it up, legalizing marijuana can reduce the national debt, provide jobs, reduce foreign dependence on oil and set our country along the right path the be environmentally safe.

so why don't you wright to the obamalama and tell hymn to knock it the hell off??

the President of the United States dose not listen to one person. He listens to the majority(or he should). He does not control the legal status of Marijuana. The legislative branch or Congress does that.
The point of this thread was to get people talking about the subject.

the President of the United States dose not listen to one person. He listens to the majority(or he should). He does not control the legal status of Marijuana. The legislative branch or Congress does that.
The point of this thread was to get people talking about the subject.

he listens to kos,, asswipe..

The only problem I have with treating pot like booze is that there is no good efficient way to determine intoxication level for DUI purposes.

I don't know why Republicans are against Marijuana, one of there platforms is smaller government and enforcing a marijuana prohibition creates a bigger government. I am Republican, for the legalization of marijuna.

Can we keep it civil in here and use facts from a creditable source

The only problem I have with treating pot like booze is that there is no good efficient way to determine intoxication level for DUI purposes.

You've gone past a legal intoxication level once you join USMB so you can post a 500 word rant about it.

Last edited:

that is the only reason that I have heard to keep the current ban on Marijuana but there is a way to tell if you are high or not. I think it should be an all or nothing deal when it comes to driving

that is the only reason that I have heard to keep the current ban on Marijuana but there is a way to tell if you are high or not. I think it should be an all or nothing deal when it comes to driving

And it shows up in blood tests for how long after smoking it?

30 days...

30 days...

wrong....it shows up in urine for up to 30 days. it stays in the blood stream for a matter of hours
"Unlike urine tests, blood tests detect the active presence of THC in the bloodstream. In the case of smoked marijuana, THC peaks rapidly in the first few minutes after inhaling, often to levels above 100 ng/ml in blood plasma. It then declines quickly to single-digit levels within an hour. High THC levels are therefore a good indication that the subject has smoked marijuana recently. THC can remain at low but detectable levels of 1- 2 ng/ml for 8 hours or more without any measurable signs of impairment. Chronic users may show a background level of 1-2 nanograms in serum for 24 - 48 hours after ceasing use" that is from canorml.org

Forum List

Back