Healthcare wins, the people wins..

MajikMyst

Honorary Non-member
Oct 15, 2009
Seattle, Wa.
After watching the passage on television and watching the reaction on the news.. I am reminded that we as a nation still has a long way to go.. Even reading some of the responses here it is clear that some people are just not together in this nation..

Ok? So what did healthcare reform get us?? Well.. There we be no more denials based on pre-existing conditions.. Policies can't be cancelled when we get sick.. Seniors well get help with perscription drugs.. The doughnut hole in medicare will be closed.. Small business will get tax credits for covering their employees.. Not to mention many many more things for the people of this nation..

I am not going to claim that it is perfect.. We are human after all... We couldn't get writing the bible right either.. The fact that it isn't perfect isn't a reason not to vote for it.. In fact, just forcing insurance companies to stop denying people for pre-existing conditions is a big step.. So?? Anyone care to guess how many people have DIED because they have a pre-existing condition?? I learned something new lastnight.. Did yo know that being a woman is a pre-existing condition?? Or better yet, being pregnant?? Most insurance companies do not cover a c-section as a pregnancy is considered a pre-existing condition.. I didn't know that.. So How much is a life worth? You all are worried about money.. How much is a life worth? How much is own life worth? How much is 45,000 lives worth each year?

This bill isn't about money or the economy.. It is about LIFE and DEATH.. Republicans can't seem to understand that.. We can work out the financial bugs later.. But first lets save some lives?? How can any you of be against that?? Most americans don't care how it is passed or how it all works.. They just want to know it does..

So here we are.. It passed and republicans are in arms promising to repeal the bill and filing law suits.. So?? What is it about death that fascinates you?? Members of congress have had racial slurs yelled them.. Homophobic slurs yelled at them.. Even spat on.. Is that your idea of protest?? Even in the house chamber, a republican yelled 'Baby Kiler'.. Is that protest?? That is not protest.. That is not representing the people that voted for you.. That is not speaking for america.. You people need to realize that..

So I will end my little note with this..

This bill is not about money or even healthcare.. It is about saving the lives of fellow americans from death.. That is the issue in it's simplest form..

Our founding fathers identified this issue as a right!!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Life!! The right to live.. That is what healthcare is about.. That is what our founding fathers knew.. They wrote on it.. They signed it.. Why aren't you behind it and supporting it??

The United States losses, and Americans get fucked.

The big winners are the big government corperate stooges.

And of course, the useful idiot enablers who think this was a great thing.

The health care and drug industry will profit. As I predicted before this even hit congress.
Lobbying works for corporations.

I am still unsure how well the people will make out on this though.

Yup!! You morons said the same thing when medicare passed and Social security.. You were wrong then and you are wrong now..

Nothing new there.. :eusa_whistle:

The health care and drug industry will profit. As I predicted before this even hit congress.
Lobbying works for corporations.

I am still unsure how well the people will make out on this though.

It will get better.. Medicare and Social security aren't what they are today because of 1 bill.. 1 bill got them started.. But they were later expanded and improved upon..

Well.. We now have our 1 bill.. Over the next few years.. It will be added to and expanded upon..

I wish I could agree with you, but I don't.

This bill is about control. The government now has control of 1/6th of the U.S. economy and also your health insurance.

Now maybe you like the idea of Bureaucrats dictating to you, but I do not.

I like the idea of 30 some odd million Americans who do not have health insurance (right now I am one of those until I get a job... if I can get one now) and I like the idea of eliminating the pre-existing condition clause as well as a few other things.

What I do not like is the uncertainty of this bill... the open ended items that may end up being "gotcha's".

I would have been okay with many of the "reforms" included in this bill if they were not done in one fell swoop... this bill scares me.

I am not even opposed to universal health care believe it or not. I grew up under a health care plan in California called Kaiser Permanente and I must say for my family that HMO plan was great. It is what I think of when I think of "universal health care" although I know true universal health care is no where near as good a Kaiser's plan was.

But, this plan has too many open ends for me. Like I said, legislate the pre-existing condition clauses and other things, but for this sweeping change to be put in the hands of people that I do not trust (Democrats and Republicans) is very disconcerting to me.

Immie

How do i win by my insurance premiums going up?

How do I win with my taxes going up?

How do I win when Drs go out of business?

How do I win when drug companies cant make a profit on their research?

How do I win when corruption permeates Washington?

How do I win with any of this?

Please tell me.

Yup!! You morons said the same thing when medicare passed and Social security.. You were wrong then and you are wrong now..

Negged for being an asshole.

You get personal, or you assume, you earn the neg.

Please tell me.

Hmmm.. You lose cause none of that will happen.. Thanks for playing the game of life..

I am sorry you are to stupid to know what that is...

As for your taxes going up?? Try living in poverty.. Let me know which is worse.. Taxes or poverty..

You negged my for stating a point of fact..

I am sorry that histroy is such a mystery to you.. I won't neg you however.. I have better things to do than to worry about your rep on an internet forum.. :eusa_whistle:

I am sorry that histroy is such a mystery to you.. I won't neg you however.. I have better things to do than to worry about your rep on an internet forum.. :eusa_whistle:
The only thing you stated is that you are an asshole.

Otherwise prove I was against social security you fucking scum sucking dipshit.

Hmmm.. You lose cause none of that will happen.. Thanks for playing the game of life..

As for your taxes going up?? Try living in poverty.. Let me know which is worse.. Taxes or poverty..

What world are you living in?

Taxes are far worse than Poverty. Man can escape poverty. He can't escape taxes. In fact, taxes are issued by those in power to keep the poor in poverty.

Oh and I've lived in poverty long enough. And I am not staying here forever. It be nice if you got the hell out of my life and stopped trying to help me in ways that make things worse.

This bill is about control. The government now has control of 1/6th of the U.S. economy and also your health insurance.

I like the idea of 30 some odd million Americans who do not have health insurance (right now I am one of those until I get a job... if I can get one now) and I like the idea of eliminating the pre-existing condition clause as well as a few other things.

What I do not like is the uncertainty of this bill... the open ended items that may end up being "gotcha's".

I would have been okay with many of the "reforms" included in this bill if they were not done in one fell swoop... this bill scares me.

I am not even opposed to universal health care believe it or not. I grew up under a health care plan in California called Kaiser Permanente and I must say for my family that HMO plan was great. It is what I think of when I think of "universal health care" although I know true universal health care is no where near as good a Kaiser's plan was.

But, this plan has too many open ends for me. Like I said, legislate the pre-existing condition clauses and other things, but for this sweeping change to be put in the hands of people that I do not trust (Democrats and Republicans) is very disconcerting to me.

Immie

The bill is not perfect.. It can and will be improved upon..

Kiaser is a good model to work from.. Heny Kiaser created it for his workers during WWII..

My point is we all need a place to start and this bill gives us that.. A place to start.. I don't see how it is a power grab though??

You keep using that word "fact". I don't think it means what you seem to think it means.

Kiaser is a good model to work from.. Heny Kiaser created it for his workers during WWII..

My point is we all need a place to start and this bill gives us that.. A place to start.. I don't see how it is a power grab though??

Not perfect? That's the understatement of the century. The best way to improve it is to repeal it.

No we don't need a place to start. Because the Federal government has no business telling us how to take care of our bodies.

You don't see how it's a power grab? Alright then, What clause of the Constitution authorized the Federal Government to legislate a health care entitlement?

the people WINS...?
Congratulations on your superlative sentence structure.

I hope they put a "free GED for dumb ass libtards" clause in the education rider of the Healthcare Bill...you should get one.....that way you won't appear to be writing posts that could be attributed to an elementary school dropout.

What world are you living in?

Taxes are far worse than Poverty. Man can escape poverty. He can't escape taxes. In fact, taxes are issued by those in power to keep the poor in poverty.

Oh and I've lived in poverty long enough. And I am not staying here forever. It be nice if you got the hell out of my life and stopped trying to help me in ways that make things worse.

I am living in the world that if you pay taxes it means you have money to pay them with.. What world are you living in?? Over a 3rd of this nation doesn't pay taxes becasue they are to poor to.. They can't afford to own their own home or car.. The car they have was bought from a K-mart parking lot with a for sale sign in the window..

Hark your ideas beckon to the days of England and Rome.. To the middle ages..

In case you haven't noticed.. We elect our government..

If your bitching about taxes.. Then you have no clue what poverty is.. When was the last time you fed your family with food stamps?? Or have you?? When was the last time you sat in line at your local DSHS office for over an hour to ask a question about your medicaid? Are you sure you know poverty?? Do you live in a low income appartment or group home? Are you sure???

You know nothing!! Absolutely nothing.. When you understand how over 33% of the people in this nation lives, you won't be so consumed and worried about a few extra dollars in tax money..

Last edited:

Please tell me.

I'll take poverty over ignorance any day of the week. At least I can only go UP from poverty whereas you will always remain an ignorant liberal.

Immie

1/6th of the U.S. Economy is now in the hands of Congress.

Your health care is now in the hands of Congress.

If you think Congress will give us a "Kaiser" type health care system you are sadly mistaken.

What we are likely to get is universal "medicare" and doctors abandoning the field like fleas on a burning dog.

Immie

the people WINS...?
Congratulations on your superlative sentence structure.

I hope they put a "free GED for dumb ass libtards" clause in the education rider of the Healthcare Bill...you should get one.....that way you won't appear to be writing posts that could be attributed to an elementary school dropout.

Ahhh.. Yes!!! I know this play!! When you have nothing usefull to add or say.. Then pick on gramar and or education..

Well played!! Well played!!

Golf clap for you!! :clap2::clap2:

I have a college degree.. And I really don't care about writing perfection here in an internet forum for the likes of you.. If you can't understand my posts then gramar is the least of your worries..

Forum List

Back