Healthcare wins, the people wins..

Healthcare wins, the people wins..

the people WINS...?
Congratulations on your superlative sentence structure.

I hope they put a "free GED for dumb ass libtards" clause in the education rider of the Healthcare Bill...you should get one.....that way you won't appear to be writing posts that could be attributed to an elementary school dropout.

Ahhh.. Yes!!! I know this play!! When you have nothing usefull to add or say.. Then pick on gramar and or education..

Well played!! Well played!!

Golf clap for you!! :clap2::clap2:

I have a college degree.. And I really don't care about writing perfection here in an internet forum for the likes of you.. If you can't understand my posts then gramar is the least of your worries..

Let me know what college it was so I DON'T send my children there....it's patently obvious that you spent more time under the professor's desk instead of in front of it.

Last edited:
After watching the passage on television and watching the reaction on the news.. I am reminded that we as a nation still has a long way to go.. Even reading some of the responses here it is clear that some people are just not together in this nation..

Ok? So what did healthcare reform get us?? Well.. There we be no more denials based on pre-existing conditions.. Policies can't be cancelled when we get sick.. Seniors well get help with perscription drugs.. The doughnut hole in medicare will be closed.. Small business will get tax credits for covering their employees.. Not to mention many many more things for the people of this nation..

I am not going to claim that it is perfect.. We are human after all... We couldn't get writing the bible right either.. The fact that it isn't perfect isn't a reason not to vote for it.. In fact, just forcing insurance companies to stop denying people for pre-existing conditions is a big step.. So?? Anyone care to guess how many people have DIED because they have a pre-existing condition?? I learned something new lastnight.. Did yo know that being a woman is a pre-existing condition?? Or better yet, being pregnant?? Most insurance companies do not cover a c-section as a pregnancy is considered a pre-existing condition.. I didn't know that.. So How much is a life worth? You all are worried about money.. How much is a life worth? How much is own life worth? How much is 45,000 lives worth each year?

This bill isn't about money or the economy.. It is about LIFE and DEATH.. Republicans can't seem to understand that.. We can work out the financial bugs later.. But first lets save some lives?? How can any you of be against that?? Most americans don't care how it is passed or how it all works.. They just want to know it does..

So here we are.. It passed and republicans are in arms promising to repeal the bill and filing law suits.. So?? What is it about death that fascinates you?? Members of congress have had racial slurs yelled them.. Homophobic slurs yelled at them.. Even spat on.. Is that your idea of protest?? Even in the house chamber, a republican yelled 'Baby Kiler'.. Is that protest?? That is not protest.. That is not representing the people that voted for you.. That is not speaking for america.. You people need to realize that..

So I will end my little note with this..

This bill is not about money or even healthcare.. It is about saving the lives of fellow americans from death.. That is the issue in it's simplest form..

Our founding fathers identified this issue as a right!!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Life!! The right to live.. That is what healthcare is about.. That is what our founding fathers knew.. They wrote on it.. They signed it.. Why aren't you behind it and supporting it??

You also get this---:lol::lol::lol:

15,000 new IRS agents & 157 new government agencies will be in charge of collecting money from Americans for this new approved health care bill. Everyone will have to pay for their health care insurance. We will have these agents looking at us monthly to insure that we are paying for our own healthcare. If not--& with all the powers of the IRS--they can & will seize money in personal checking & savings accounts, withold federal income tax returns,--lien properties & even foreclose on assets--to obtain the money. Add to this--penalties & interest--& health care in this country has just turned into another tax bill.

Not only that--but if the federal government decides that your current health care insurance is not up to par with their health care ideology--you will be forced to obtain another--which most certainly you will have to pay more for.

Taxes will start to go up immediately in 2011-for this massive bill--but Americans will not realise any benefits for another 4 years.

Employers who are just trying to survive this recession will start to pay an additional 8% payroll tax next year--forcing them to lay-off temporary & part time workers. To add--those Americans who currently have their health insurance paid for by their employers--will be paying taxes on those benefits starting in 2013.

ABORTION COVERAGE-To add to this BART STUPACK Yes vote on this bill. Stupack & his group of democrats wanted nothing to do with federal tax dollars going for abortion. A deal was struck with Obama agreeing to sign an executive order stating that no federal tax dollars would go for abortions. THE PROBLEM: Since the bill does include coverage for abortions & it is written law--any woman in this country seeking an abortion could go before any judge in this country--who would kick Barack Obama's executive order to the curb--to follow legislative law. So we will see this in court & probably be paying for abortions in this bill. (This does not sit right with your claim of the pursuit of Life-Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness-LOL) Or don't babies have rights too?

Now Bart Stupack & his democrat followers certainly knew this before they agreed at the last minute to vote for this bill. Stupack's district also received $700,000.00 dollars on Friday before the vote.

BTW--You inferred that another 45,000 people will not die with this new bill. Did you ever ask yourself how many people die each year that do have health insurance?--LOL Just to let you know--NO ONE is denied health care in this country. It's called Medicade--ANYONE can walk into 3/4 of the hospital emergency rooms in this country & be treated.

You voted for it, YOU got it!

Last edited:
I wish I could agree with you, but I don't.

This bill is about control. The government now has control of 1/6th of the U.S. economy and also your health insurance.

Now maybe you like the idea of Bureaucrats dictating to you, but I do not.

I like the idea of 30 some odd million Americans who do not have health insurance (right now I am one of those until I get a job... if I can get one now) and I like the idea of eliminating the pre-existing condition clause as well as a few other things.

What I do not like is the uncertainty of this bill... the open ended items that may end up being "gotcha's".

I would have been okay with many of the "reforms" included in this bill if they were not done in one fell swoop... this bill scares me.

I am not even opposed to universal health care believe it or not. I grew up under a health care plan in California called Kaiser Permanente and I must say for my family that HMO plan was great. It is what I think of when I think of "universal health care" although I know true universal health care is no where near as good a Kaiser's plan was.

But, this plan has too many open ends for me. Like I said, legislate the pre-existing condition clauses and other things, but for this sweeping change to be put in the hands of people that I do not trust (Democrats and Republicans) is very disconcerting to me.

Immie

The bill is not perfect.. It can and will be improved upon..

Kiaser is a good model to work from.. Heny Kiaser created it for his workers during WWII..

My point is we all need a place to start and this bill gives us that.. A place to start.. I don't see how it is a power grab though??

1/6th of the U.S. Economy is now in the hands of Congress.

Your health care is now in the hands of Congress.

If you think Congress will give us a "Kaiser" type health care system you are sadly mistaken.

What we are likely to get is universal "medicare" and doctors abandoning the field like fleas on a burning dog.

Immie

I'm sorry??? Was the public option passed?? Did I miss something??

Unless the public option passed, which it didn't your statements are simply false..

Even if, the government takes over our healthcare system completely.. It is better than what we have now.. I actually hope they do.. We will have more accountability..

At least with congress being the drivers seat.. I can boot them out of congress if I don't like the job they have been doing..

If republicans were doing such a bang up job governing and writing laws.. The dems wouldn't be in power now.. Our votes mean something..

When was the last time you got to vote on the CEO of an insurance company??

If the last few elections was more than just a total loss for the republican party.. It was also evidence that we the people still have a say in who occupies the whitehouse and the seats in congress..

That is a hell of a lot more than who is the CEO or members of the board of a big insurance company..

What you faiil to see is to what incentive does the insurance company have to do right by it's customers?? None.. It profits from killing us..

Consider that..

After watching the passage on television and watching the reaction on the news.. I am reminded that we as a nation still has a long way to go.. Even reading some of the responses here it is clear that some people are just not together in this nation..

Ok? So what did healthcare reform get us?? Well.. There we be no more denials based on pre-existing conditions.. Policies can't be cancelled when we get sick.. Seniors well get help with perscription drugs.. The doughnut hole in medicare will be closed.. Small business will get tax credits for covering their employees.. Not to mention many many more things for the people of this nation..

I am not going to claim that it is perfect.. We are human after all... We couldn't get writing the bible right either.. The fact that it isn't perfect isn't a reason not to vote for it.. In fact, just forcing insurance companies to stop denying people for pre-existing conditions is a big step.. So?? Anyone care to guess how many people have DIED because they have a pre-existing condition?? I learned something new lastnight.. Did yo know that being a woman is a pre-existing condition?? Or better yet, being pregnant?? Most insurance companies do not cover a c-section as a pregnancy is considered a pre-existing condition.. I didn't know that.. So How much is a life worth? You all are worried about money.. How much is a life worth? How much is own life worth? How much is 45,000 lives worth each year?

This bill isn't about money or the economy.. It is about LIFE and DEATH.. Republicans can't seem to understand that.. We can work out the financial bugs later.. But first lets save some lives?? How can any you of be against that?? Most americans don't care how it is passed or how it all works.. They just want to know it does..

So here we are.. It passed and republicans are in arms promising to repeal the bill and filing law suits.. So?? What is it about death that fascinates you?? Members of congress have had racial slurs yelled them.. Homophobic slurs yelled at them.. Even spat on.. Is that your idea of protest?? Even in the house chamber, a republican yelled 'Baby Kiler'.. Is that protest?? That is not protest.. That is not representing the people that voted for you.. That is not speaking for america.. You people need to realize that..

So I will end my little note with this..

This bill is not about money or even healthcare.. It is about saving the lives of fellow americans from death.. That is the issue in it's simplest form..

Our founding fathers identified this issue as a right!!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Life!! The right to live.. That is what healthcare is about.. That is what our founding fathers knew.. They wrote on it.. They signed it.. Why aren't you behind it and supporting it??

You also get this---:lol::lol::lol:

15,000 new IRS agents & 157 new government agencies will be in charge of collecting money from American for this new approved health care bill. Everyone will have to pay for their health care insurance. We will have these agents looking at us monthly to insure that we are paying for our own healthcare. If not--& with all the powers of the IRS--they can & will seize money in personal checking & savings accounts--lien properties & even foreclose on assets--to obtain the money. Add to this--penalties & interest--& health care in this country has just turned into another tax bill.

Not only that--but if the federal government decides that your current health care insurance is not up to par with their health care ideology--you will be forced to obtain another--which most certainly you will have to pay more for.

Taxes will start to go up immediately in 2011-for this massive bill--but Americans will not realise any benefits for another 4 years.

Employers who are just trying to survive this recession will start to pay an additional 8% payroll tax next year--forcing them to lay-off temporary & part time workers. To add--those Americans who currently have their health insurance paid for by their employers--will be paying taxes on those benefits starting in 2013.

To add to this BART STUPACK Yes vote on this bill. Stupack & his group of democrats wanted nothing to do with federal tax dollars going for abortion. A deal was struck with Obama agreeing to sign an executive order stating that no federal tax dollars would go for abortions. THE PROBLEM: Since the bill does include coverage for abortions & it is written law--any woman in this country seeking an abortion could go before any judge in this country--who would kick Barack Obama's executive order to the curb--to follow legislative law. So we will see this in court & probably be paying for abortions in this bill.

Now Bart Stupack & his democrat followers certainly knew this before they agreed at the last minute to vote for this bill. Stupack's district also received $700,000.00 dollars on Friday before the vote.

Haven't read the bill in the senate now have ya???

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

the people WINS...?
Congratulations on your superlative sentence structure.

I hope they put a "free GED for dumb ass libtards" clause in the education rider of the Healthcare Bill...you should get one.....that way you won't appear to be writing posts that could be attributed to an elementary school dropout.

Ahhh.. Yes!!! I know this play!! When you have nothing usefull to add or say.. Then pick on gramar and or education..

Well played!! Well played!!

Golf clap for you!! :clap2::clap2:

I have a college degree.. And I really don't care about writing perfection here in an internet forum for the likes of you.. If you can't understand my posts then gramar is the least of your worries..

Let me know what college it was so I DON'T send my children there....it's patently obvious that you spent more time under the professor's desk instead of in front of it.

Ok.. I negged you for that one.. That much lameness diserves at least some response..

Yup!! You morons said the same thing when medicare passed and Social security.. You were wrong then and you are wrong now..

Nothing new there.. :eusa_whistle:
Negged for being an asshole.

You get personal, or you assume, you earn the neg.

You negged my for stating a point of fact..

I am sorry that histroy is such a mystery to you.. I won't neg you however.. I have better things to do than to worry about your rep on an internet forum.. :eusa_whistle:

Yes, we can see...

You're still a level 80 blood elf, huh? You must suck at that too....

Kiaser is a good model to work from.. Heny Kiaser created it for his workers during WWII..

My point is we all need a place to start and this bill gives us that.. A place to start.. I don't see how it is a power grab though??

If you think Congress will give us a "Kaiser" type health care system you are sadly mistaken.

What we are likely to get is universal "medicare" and doctors abandoning the field like fleas on a burning dog.

Immie

Unless the public option passed, which it didn't your statements are simply false..

Even if, the government takes over our healthcare system completely.. It is better than what we have now.. I actually hope they do.. We will have more accountability..

At least with congress being the drivers seat.. I can boot them out of congress if I don't like the job they have been doing..

If republicans were doing such a bang up job governing and writing laws.. The dems wouldn't be in power now.. Our votes mean something..

If the last few elections was more than just a total loss for the republican party.. It was also evidence that we the people still have a say in who occupies the whitehouse and the seats in congress..

That is a hell of a lot more than who is the CEO or members of the board of a big insurance company..

What you faiil to see is to what incentive does the insurance company have to do right by it's customers?? None.. It profits from killing us..

Consider that..

First off, you are wrong.

The insurance companies become puppets of the government tomorrow.

Congress is in no way accountable to us. At least with CEO's and management of health insurers we can go elsewhere or simply not buy at all. Tomorrow we will have no choice! No choice at all. If you even for a second think that you will not buy a government ordained insurance policy you will be fined.

As for the public option... it is not dead yet. Before Obama leaves office I suspect it will be the law of the land. This is NOT the final step. It was only the first baby steps.

We have absolutely zero say as to who sits in the seats of Congress. The Republican and Democrat Parties tell us who will sit there. They dictate to us not the other way around.

The incentive that the health insurance company has is profit. If they stop serving the public their profits disintegrate. Congress has no such incentive. If they stop serving us and we stop buying, they simply raise our taxes and force us to buy.

Immie

Immie

Consider that..

Yeah you did--the IRS will be the collection guru on this mandatory health care bill--meaning the FEDERAL government has taken over health care. The IRS will be the enforcer if you don't pay your health insurance bill.

Now--look at the health care stocks today. They soared--Why? Because Obama-&-Nancy Pelosi just gave the 4 largest rip off insurers in this country another 30 million people to insure.

That's change we can believe in--:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Negged for being an asshole.

You get personal, or you assume, you earn the neg.

I am sorry that histroy is such a mystery to you.. I won't neg you however.. I have better things to do than to worry about your rep on an internet forum.. :eusa_whistle:

Yes, we can see...

ROFL!!! You don't play WOW do you?? Oh wait.. You don't know what that is..

World of Warcraft.. Or WOW..

Level 80 is as high as you can go currently.. At last until Cataclysm comes out.. Then the level cap will be raised to 85.. My Paladin is actually my second 80.. My first is a Warlock..

So.. Here is some free advice.. Don't try to spin something you obviously know nothing about in attempt to insult someone.. You only make yourself look really stupid and insult yourself..

My paladin currently has a 5603 gearscore and I am the main tank for my guild, we are in ICC and we are 5 of 12 bosses down..

Did you understand any of that?? Doubtfull.. It means I don't suck at it..

:eusa_whistle:

Although.. I do need to update my sig there.. The stats are a bit off.. I am over 40k life self buffed now.. Not that any of this makes any sense to you now does it?

Last edited:

Immie

Consider that..

Yeah you did--the IRS will be the collection guru on this mandatory health care bill--meaning the FEDERAL government has taken over health care. The IRS will be the enforcer if you don't pay your health insurance bill.

Now--look at the health care stocks today. They soared--Why? Because Obama-&-Nancy Pelosi just gave the 4 largest rip off insurers in this country another 30 million people to insure.

That's change we can believe in--:lol::lol::lol:

And yet you still haven't read the bill before the senate have you??

Sheeesh..

Yes, we can see...

ROFL!!! You don't play WOW do you??

No... I actually have a life... A real one...

I'm sure someone is impressed by you, but I can guarantee you it's not me...

This bill is about control. The government now has control of 1/6th of the U.S. economy and also your health insurance.

I like the idea of 30 some odd million Americans who do not have health insurance (right now I am one of those until I get a job... if I can get one now) and I like the idea of eliminating the pre-existing condition clause as well as a few other things.

What I do not like is the uncertainty of this bill... the open ended items that may end up being "gotcha's".

I would have been okay with many of the "reforms" included in this bill if they were not done in one fell swoop... this bill scares me.

I am not even opposed to universal health care believe it or not. I grew up under a health care plan in California called Kaiser Permanente and I must say for my family that HMO plan was great. It is what I think of when I think of "universal health care" although I know true universal health care is no where near as good a Kaiser's plan was.

But, this plan has too many open ends for me. Like I said, legislate the pre-existing condition clauses and other things, but for this sweeping change to be put in the hands of people that I do not trust (Democrats and Republicans) is very disconcerting to me.

Immie

the govt has control over far more than 1/6th of our economy.
The military industrial complex is how much of our economy?
Medicare/Medicaid/CHIPS is how much of our economy?
SS is how much of our economy?
Govt employees are how much of our economy?

Immie

Consider that..

First off, you are wrong.

The insurance companies become puppets of the government tomorrow.

Congress is in no way accountable to us. At least with CEO's and management of health insurers we can go elsewhere or simply not buy at all. Tomorrow we will have no choice! No choice at all. If you even for a second think that you will not buy a government ordained insurance policy you will be fined.

As for the public option... it is not dead yet. Before Obama leaves office I suspect it will be the law of the land. This is NOT the final step. It was only the first baby steps.

We have absolutely zero say as to who sits in the seats of Congress. The Republican and Democrat Parties tell us who will sit there. They dictate to us not the other way around.

The incentive that the health insurance company has is profit. If they stop serving the public their profits disintegrate. Congress has no such incentive. If they stop serving us and we stop buying, they simply raise our taxes and force us to buy.

Immie

See.. This where you simply don't understand the healthcare issue or insurance issue.. Try to go to another provider now and see how far you get..

I live here in Seattle.. We do not have Kiaser.. Your insurance is useless here because the hospitals in my area do not accept Kiaser... Get the issue now?? Sure.. I can phone A Kiaser office and sign up.. But for me, the nearest Kiaser Hospital is Portland Ore. So, for me to get care, I would have to go to Portland.. Some 6+ hours away..

You can get any insurrance you want.. Unless the hospitals accept it, it is useless.. There is no law that say they must accept.. Which is why we needed changes to the anti-trust laws.. Something else the republicans were against.. Since those laws weren't allowed to be changed.. The insurance companies got to keep their little geographic monopolies all over the country..

So.. As you can see.. We have no choices... Is group health where you are?? You should look into it.. Great rates and great plans.. Except you will have to move to Seattle to use it.. Well.. I guess you really could travel if you so wanted to..

This issue is a double edged sword.. I am a heart patient.. I have had my aortic valve replaced with a mechanical one.. Last year the wife and I were going to go to Yellow stone for a vacation.. Well.. I didn't do the thin air of that altitude to well.. I wound up in the ER of Cody Wyoming.. Who then flew me to Billings MT to see a cardiologist.. Who then sent my home to see my personal docs.. The Hospital in Cody didn't have a contract with my insurance or whatever, but they refused to bill my insurance.. Eventually sent me to collections.. When I said I wouldn't pay, they took me to court.. Well.. The judge in Helena Wyoming ruled that my obligation to pay the debt ended when I provided my insurance information.. Since the hospital would not bill my insurance, it was the hospitals obligation to pay it.. Now we all know who actually paid it.. The tax payers of Cody and or Wyoming.. But this is another example of how our current system sucks..

No I am sure my case isn't the only one.. I am also sure that there are a number families out there that have a medical debt that they really don't have to pay.. I was never told my insurance wasn't accepted at the Cody hospital until I was called by a collection agency about the $23,000 dollar debt.. Expensive trip to an ER that can't handle much more than a bandaid.. This was a 9 bed hospital.. Cody isn't very big.. They had to send my chest X-ray and CT scan to a company in Australia to read it!?!?!? What is really scary was.. I know my heart beat was irratic.. The doc there wanted to use the paddles.. Ok.. I am awake and consience, I am feeling nothing, just difficulty breating.. And this moron wants to use the paddles.. Well.. I had to doctor myself and ask for some Metoprolol and Lasics.. The first one regulates my heart rythm and the second one helps get rid of excess water.. Well.. The doctor listened and got me both.. My heart stabalized and my breathing eased.. So what was the bill for?? They really did nothing at all..

I think you give the dems more power than they have.. Given the behavior of the republicans.. Don't thnik the dems if they had the power would kick every republican member out of congress they would?? I am sorry you have such little faith in our government.. The passage of healthcare reform should have renewed that faith.. It was a bill for we the people and not the insurance companies..

Your absolutley right the incentive insurance companies have is profit.. They don't profit by paying medical bills.. They profit by not paying them and finding every loophole they can not to pay them.. They certainly didn't create the poilicy against pre-existing conditions because it was good for our customers.. They did it to lessen their chances of paying out.. There by increasing their profit..

You see in a nut shell.. Their profit is the death of americans.. They profit from killing us..

Last edited:

Immie

Ehem.. You forgot the post office.. :razz:

Yes, we can see...

ROFL!!! You don't play WOW do you??

No... I actually have a life... A real one...

I'm sure someone is impressed by you, but I can guarantee you it's not me...

Like me or anyone else would even care if you are impressed.. Your just another pimple on the pickle of progress.. :eusa_whistle:

Thanks for the neg by the way.. And here I expected you to neg me for the roast on wow.. I guess I was expecting to much intelligence..

Ok.. Do I get a neg??

SEE THE WHITE BLOCK ON THE RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN WHERE MY REP WOULD BE.. I DON'T CARE ABOUT REP.. I AM NOT HERE TO IMPRESS ANYONE OR GAIN REP.. I AM HERE TO EXPRESS MY VIEWS AND DISCUSS THE ISSUES OF THE DAY WITH THOSE THAT ARE INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO PARTICIPATE..

Which you are not.. :eusa_whistle:

Immie

The U.S. Postal Service has not directly received taxpayer-dollars since the early 1980s. Except for having a monopoly on first class mail and being one of the few government agencies explicitly authorized by the United States Constitution, they pretty much operate like UPS or FedEx.

The U.S. Postal Service has not directly received taxpayer-dollars since the early 1980s. Except for having a monopoly on first class mail and being one of the few government agencies explicitly authorized by the United States Constitution, they pretty much operate like UPS or FedEx.

and up to their necks in red ink.....

Forum List

Back