HealthCare and Student Loans...

Oct 8, 2009
WTF?

Why is there a government takeover of student loans in the healthcare bill?

I'm tired of politicians playing slight of hand with this shit.

Just sayin'.

Maybe they understand that if my son cannot afford to go to college it's going to make me sick with anger?

I'm just sayin', too.

WTF?

Just sayin'.

It favorably skews the numbers.

The reconciliation proposal includes provisions related to health care and revenues, many of which would amend H.R. 3590; those provisions account for most of the budgetary impact of the proposal. It also includes amendments to the Higher Education Act of 1965, which authorizes most federal programs involving postsecondary education; the education provisions account for net outlay savings of about $19 billion over the 2010-2019 period.

Director's Blog

WTF?

Just sayin'.

The reconciliation proposal includes provisions related to health care and revenues, many of which would amend H.R. 3590; those provisions account for most of the budgetary impact of the proposal. It also includes amendments to the Higher Education Act of 1965, which authorizes most federal programs involving postsecondary education; the education provisions account for net outlay savings of about $19 billion over the 2010-2019 period.

Director's Blog

Your right. I heard it explained on the news.

The CBO numbers are preliminary though. They will be coming out with other numbers. Not that I believe it. I find it hard to believe anyone can project number 10 or 20 years out. Especially for a Govt which is notorious for under projecting the cost of everything.

Jeeze. All you gotta do is look at Medicare and SS.

WTF?

Just sayin'.

Director's Blog

Your right. I heard it explained on the news.

The CBO numbers are preliminary though. They will be coming out with other numbers. Not that I believe it. I find it hard to believe anyone can project number 10 or 20 years out. Especially for a Govt which is notorious for under projecting the cost of everything.

Jeeze. All you gotta do is look at Medicare and SS.

CBO: Uncertainty in Estimates for Health Care Legislation

Director's Blog

Let me Splain it to you Lucy.

Drs and nurses go to school to learn how to do their jobs.

The ObamaCare Bill has morphed into the Great Unifying Big Government Wet Dream Bill, chock full of tax increases and more programs to control our lives.

The reason they added the Student Loan program to this is that it was something that had already passed which they had deemed to save money - and they needed those savings to tilt the CBO score.

They also took $53B from Social Security (which is already forecast to run a deficit), and the premiums for the Class Act - as well as the mega heist from Medicare of $500B.

Can you please prove to me drs and nurses dont go to college to learn how to do their jobs?

You see a liar isnt just someone who you dnt agree with its someone who tells lies.

My statement was not a lie and you need to prove it is a lie if you want to claim I am a liar.

Get googling

Can you please prove to me drs and nurses dont go to college to learn how to do their jobs?

You see a liar isnt just someone who you dnt agree with its someone who tells lies.

My statement was not a lie and you need to prove it is a lie if you want to claim I am a liar.

Get googling

So, now I know that you are really stupid. And a liar.

The evidence of both is clear from your posts where you accuse others of lying by lying yourself.

Yeah go get any lie I have told.

Dont you get sick of being emmersed in lies?

So you fuckwits are really going to sit here and call me a liar for saying Drs and Nursaes go to school?

You are really going to claim that trying to increase the number of care givers is not part of the solution to our healthcare mess?

Get googling

Riddle me this you dimbulb:

Why should doctors and nurses take out huge student loans to work for government mandated wages under terrible working conditions?

You should be very afraid of ObamaCare. Once they start rationing, your brain damage will put you on the disposable list very quickly.

Doctors and nurses eat food, wear clothes, and drive cars too. Maybe they should have put that in the bill too eh truth?

Dumbest post of the day.

It's early yet, and I'm sure truthdon'tmatter will have more to add. It's definitely a contender tho.

Let me Splain it to you Lucy.

Drs and nurses go to school to learn how to do their jobs.

Try addressing the facts instead of ignoring them and spewing.

They included the student loan takeover because it a) skews the number in their favor and b) they don't have the votes for it in the senate as a stand alone bill and c) can't use reconciliation on it any time soon if they use reconciliation on the hc bill.

Get googling

Riddle me this you dimbulb:

Why should doctors and nurses take out huge student loans to work for government mandated wages under terrible working conditions?

In Cuba, Doctors and Nurses receive Free Education.

:tomato:

Forum List

Back