Health premiums could rise 17 pct for young adults

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
oopsi, I guess the Obama and the Democrats left out this little nugget when selling their healthcare TAKEOVER.:lol:

By CARLA K. JOHNSON (AP) – 21 hours ago

CHICAGO — Under the health care overhaul, young adults who buy their own insurance will carry a heavier burden of the medical costs of older Americans — a shift expected to raise insurance premiums for young people when the plan takes full effect.

Beginning in 2014, most Americans will be required to buy insurance or pay a tax penalty. That's when premiums for young adults seeking coverage on the individual market would likely climb by 17 percent on average, or roughly $42 a month, according to an analysis of the plan conducted for The Associated Press. The analysis did not factor in tax credits to help offset the increase.

The higher costs will pinch many people in their 20s and early 30s who are struggling to start or advance their careers with the highest unemployment rate in 26 years.

The Associated Press: Health premiums could rise 17 pct for young adults

It "could"....then again......"It could not"

Health care costs were slated to rise by about 17 percent across the board before the legislation passed.

I guess just having them go up for one segment of the population is an improvement.

Health care costs were slated to rise by about 17 percent across the board before the legislation passed.

I guess just having them go up for one segment of the population is an improvement.

except it will more than likely go up across the board. you should look at what's happened here in mass-it's very instructive, i think.

Is this the price raise that the Insurance companies plan on implementing within the next year and blaming it on the Dems when it has nothing to do with them?

except it will more than likely go up across the board. you should look at what's happened here in mass-it's very instructive, i think.

Perhaps. We shall have to see.

I think trying something is better than just letting the rates rise to ridiculous levels while doinig nothing.

People will just quit work in order to obtain free medical insurance. Problem solved.

That's where we're headed, and it won't take long for people to figure it out.

Health premiums could rise 17 pct for young adults...because they're decreasing 3,000% everywhere else...amiright?

You do realize health insurance companies are going to have 32 million new customers? If the insurance comapies raise their rates, who really is to blame?

Is this the price raise that the Insurance companies plan on implementing within the next year and blaming it on the Dems when it has nothing to do with them?

Actually is does have a lot to do with the Democrats.....they were lobbied by big pharma and big insurance to pass these bills without premium increase restrictions....plus...whatever the poor youngin's can't pay, by law, the government will have to make up in the form of tax credits to the payer...example....
Joe Smith, 24 year old worker who has employee based healthcare offered to him pays the increased premiums for his insurance. At the end of the year he files for a tax credit for excessive premium charges. Tax payers reimburse him for the excess premiums.

What really happened here? The government used a citizen to give the insurance companies a hand out from ObamaCare.

You guys railed against the insurance companies yet you just gave them at least 1 trillion dollars of tax payer money IN EXCESS OF WHAT THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN HAD YOU DEMOCRATS LEFT HEALTHCARE ALONE!...plus....there will still be in excess of 10 million citizens left WITHOUT insurance!!!!!!! Not illegal aliens who will STILL USE THE EMERGENCY ROOM AS THEIR PRIMARY CARE FACILITY....BUT 10 MILLION AMERICANS STILL WITH NO INSURANCE.

great job!!!! Now shut the fuck up about the evil insurance companies...PLEASE!!!!

You do realize health insurance companies are going to have 32 million new customers? If the insurance comapies raise their rates, who really is to blame?

Sorry...that's wrong. Of the 32 million American that currently have no healthcare only 21 million will be covered by ObamaCare. The rest will still have no insurance.

The illegal alien population will still use the emergency room as their primary care facility...all 12 million of them.

I have thought long and hard about this and can't decide whether to blame you, Luissa....or to blame my ex.

Rule of thumb is to blame my ex for everything. But I'm really tempted to blame you on this one.

You may not know this, but my ex is responsible for poverty in India, global warming and the situation in Iran.

People will just quit work in order to obtain free medical insurance. Problem solved.

free food, free care, free home, what's to want? why work??

People who can't afford to work and pay for insurance, and who don't want the IRS attaching their income and property are going to quit working. I guarantee it.

It "could"....then again......"It could not"

That seems to be the crux of most arguments against HC reform, the wild "what ifs"

Exactly...that was the entire battle Obama made for healthcare....all what if's...now the facts are coming out from the CBO now that it's law....how pathetic is that. The CBO was fed shit and they delivered shit.

GIGO. Obama's new slogan.

Yes, because Health Insurance pays your rent, and puts food on the table. Right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back