Head of Goldman Sachs Visited Obama 4 Times at White House

Nonelitist

Rookie
Jan 22, 2010
While Goldman Sachs' lawyers negotiated with the Securities and Exchange Commission over potentially explosive civil fraud charges, Goldman's chief executive visited the White House at least four times.

White House logs show that Chief Executive Lloyd Blankfein traveled to Washington for at least two events with President Barack Obama, whose 2008 presidential campaign received $994,795 in donations from Goldman's political action committee, its employees and their relatives. He also met twice with Obama's top economic adviser, Larry Summers.

Read more: Goldman's White House connections raise eyebrows | McClatchy

How many ex GS employees are now employed by this Administration?

I know the answer, I just wonder if the lefties on here are aware.

That is a good question that I'm sure you will tell us the answer to. But the real issue is...how many MORE ex GS employees are in employed by this Administration as compared to past administrations? How many MORE GS Heads have visited Obama compared to past administrations?

The answer to those questions are important because if this is standard behavior by administrations...there is no story here. IF it is something new and different, it certainly bears investigating.

That is a good question that I'm sure you will tell us the answer to. But the real issue is...how many MORE ex GS employees are in employed by this Administration as compared to past administrations? How many MORE GS Heads have visited Obama compared to past administrations?

The answer to those questions are important because if this is standard behavior by administrations...there is no story here. IF it is something new and different, it certainly bears investigating.

You just admitted that "Hope and Change" was a useless phrase.

Hypocrite

So what? I have visited the White House on one occasion. :cool:

(Of course, I am under indictment at the present time for fifteen counts of major securities fraud, but, hey . . . . ;))

Last edited:
Ohh yeah, Obama does give out the WH visitors log doesn't he?
Transparency in action?

Nice avoiding the topic you hypocritical hack.

My thoughts exactly, we don't know who visited Bush at the White House or who Cheney invited to his energy commission, do we. The topic as you suggest opened the door to questions about the WH log and transparency. Seems that the hypocritical hack jacket was placed on the shoulders of the wrong person.

So, if it's politics as usual, you see absolutely no harm? If the president was a republican, would you feel the same way? I think we all should ask ourselves this simple question.

Guilty concience much?

None at all. Try to make some sense of just keep your mouth closed.

I didn't figure you had a concience. A typical right wing thing.

You have actually hit on an interesting point here that needs some attention.

This is a difference between conservatives and liberals: Conservatives don't feel guilt for the actions of other people.

Liberals like to feel guilt for the actions of others and also like to tell others that they should feel guilty... just like you are here.

You think that if you feel some guilt, it makes you a better human being than others. Instead, it just makes you a miserable jackass that tells others how to act, feel and lead their lives.

So, if it's politics as usual, you see absolutely no harm? If the president was a republican, would you feel the same way? I think we all should ask ourselves this simple question.

Actually, the OP was about this being something nefarious and underhanded...if it is all above board and has been for a while (remember, we are talking "visits" here, not exactly illegal), what's the issue?

Remember GS is a major, major investment bank. Are some here saying that the government should completely ignore them? (any government, not just Obama's)

We'll all have to wait until this 'all plays out'. I am sure there is some scrambling all throughout the White House, gathering all the tapes etc pertaining to these visits. Who knows what they will try to do, maybe a coverup, 'missing time' in the recordings, or just maybe all these meetings were all on the Up & Up.

I would bet these meetings from GS weren't just to talk about the weather and 'how's the kids and wife' routine. There is a lot more to come, so I will sit and wait and see who is going to begin the old "CYA parade" and 'Pass the Buck Polka'. :lol:

Whether this or something else, I do believe a monumental scandal will rock the Obama administration at some point.

Forum List

Back