‘He was still loved by his family’ — man punched by Waterloo Regional Police sergeant dies of COVID before officer’s assault trial concludes

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Another day in Canada, another police abuser.

The creepy covert TPS, OPP, RCMP, are enemies to Canada and America.

KITCHENER — Sgt. Paul Tranter punched Jamie McFadyen, breaking a bone in his face. In March the Waterloo Regional Police officer went on trial for assault causing bodily harm.

Three months after the trial began McFadyen, 46, died of COVID-19 in Grand River Hospital.

It bothers McFadyen’s mother, Kathryn Gapic, that no one reached out to tell her family a trial had begun and continues after her son’s death in June.

She knew last year that an officer was charged when she was contacted by the civilian Special Investigations Unit that probes police conduct. But her son not tell his family about the trial and nobody else did either. They are learning about it after reading coverage in The Record.

“We didn’t know anything about this,” Gapic said from the Yukon where she lives. “Nobody was notified. I don’t even know if (authorities) know that Jamie passed away of COVID in June.”

If the facts are accurate I dont blame the police officer for what happened

This may be true, it's all too common that such abuses are NOT valid, and, they are not exposed or investigated. Even if it resulted in permanent physical damage to a kid. Is that how free countries who pretend to be based on Rule of Law operate?

This may be true, it's all too common that such abuses are NOT valid, and, they are not exposed or investigated. Even if it resulted in permanent physical damage to a kid. Is that how free countries who pretend to be based on Rule of Law operate?
I wasnt there

But the report was that he became violent and resisted arrest

Forum List

Back