he walked outta the woods

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
y3nkbeTFgkhZbhrqJHyYTCdl-KFKb58kM1GpPAILqcu3qQQx7kEJklZJapboAUtyBV6Tk1xDexKtLMTVVoupjCKorewtRXMhOp4Bt7HjPMm1wJr1qz9CPEYGKFQ8Ar4XJIXKcXwa3URUJK1FE8n5MVqQwO9LzlMHds65oeaIB4LvxRSfAgEKVSVUg2eg4WRt_XTDotw5YWBwP5iWQeVOAjcXmXF0Tws84-nETtkXdTXOa2-A5HQ0hlF6hTMmPeVPzglTaYuGOM1elgGQ-JVErgOeSRrwyRWhDWj5aaJ3YmQqCWM8vU2PGuxrZnKjW-BNkrxjhWWepVrzgbOBcd3v9X_oIwiq0uwLs4jB_TRM1uQy_yXpobTRqf5z64FBI8JW2hqN0r9cmQQRQv9RJ4tGFYQzEoUUBQiPkto89twH8q2xvaXgqB3xsUdAdQbkorQaMNLuz0mbnr1CQ5sx3slC8Wi0XYO89GpbuBDPFYCxs-Gd_0i9r7diy8b-1xLdiOVfqNXgrNudcK1SDKrs6XQ10iWhMrDLNjCstVlCQ06zwOkhgxgGGf1ab8nFYC_Vir8kV_navcDfgVqeKpdrI563jM2jOIv6DXZ-hqoHRvZOo4_sBhQCOWSy4SOqQxJlM8avblqyafJCb74xBIjLBP3yszfUr38npQ-8PXlSbWLNbHVlc3pfI6t0ng=w451-h601-no

so i am coming back from blowing rock by shulls mill ...when i get a phone call...i pull over to yak on the phone in a small lot ...at a trail head....a truck and a car already parked there.....so i am yakking and look up .....out walks a beautiful doberman...too close to the road and too damn beautiful to leave....i get outta my car and check his tags....florida dog....check truck...florida tags.....he is confused....he knows he has lost his humans ....we take a few to get know each other....so i am thinking his people are just a minute or two behind....so i go up the trail...yelling hello hello hello then i realize if someone heard me and thought i was in trouble a search would be started (dont laugh that happened to a friend who joined the search party looking for him) ...we wait...now i realize something is wrong....i figure he took off when he jumped a deer and now was just coming back to his truck....so i call the vet number on his rabies tag....figuring this will be a good while....the young lady answers and i explain that i am in the middle of the woods in western nc and have found a beautiful male doberman with cut ears.....black and tan...her reply...."you have boone" as she is talking to me another person called the owner....also in the woods....looking for boone...it took a while but i got human back to dog....hugs all around...i cannot tell you how much i just wanted to toss him in my car and go....just seem the fates wanted me to have another doberman....and a fine one at that.....lol...

ahhh love you ....and yes i am ....i texted hubby a pic and his reply was....you are not keeping that damn dog ...seems he draws the line at 3 dogs and 3 cats...its not really much of a line and we both know it

y3nkbeTFgkhZbhrqJHyYTCdl-KFKb58kM1GpPAILqcu3qQQx7kEJklZJapboAUtyBV6Tk1xDexKtLMTVVoupjCKorewtRXMhOp4Bt7HjPMm1wJr1qz9CPEYGKFQ8Ar4XJIXKcXwa3URUJK1FE8n5MVqQwO9LzlMHds65oeaIB4LvxRSfAgEKVSVUg2eg4WRt_XTDotw5YWBwP5iWQeVOAjcXmXF0Tws84-nETtkXdTXOa2-A5HQ0hlF6hTMmPeVPzglTaYuGOM1elgGQ-JVErgOeSRrwyRWhDWj5aaJ3YmQqCWM8vU2PGuxrZnKjW-BNkrxjhWWepVrzgbOBcd3v9X_oIwiq0uwLs4jB_TRM1uQy_yXpobTRqf5z64FBI8JW2hqN0r9cmQQRQv9RJ4tGFYQzEoUUBQiPkto89twH8q2xvaXgqB3xsUdAdQbkorQaMNLuz0mbnr1CQ5sx3slC8Wi0XYO89GpbuBDPFYCxs-Gd_0i9r7diy8b-1xLdiOVfqNXgrNudcK1SDKrs6XQ10iWhMrDLNjCstVlCQ06zwOkhgxgGGf1ab8nFYC_Vir8kV_navcDfgVqeKpdrI563jM2jOIv6DXZ-hqoHRvZOo4_sBhQCOWSy4SOqQxJlM8avblqyafJCb74xBIjLBP3yszfUr38npQ-8PXlSbWLNbHVlc3pfI6t0ng=w451-h601-no

so i am coming back from blowing rock by shulls mill ...when i get a phone call...i pull over to yak on the phone in a small lot ...at a trail head....a truck and a car already parked there.....so i am yakking and look up .....out walks a beautiful doberman...too close to the road and too damn beautiful to leave....i get outta my car and check his tags....florida dog....check truck...florida tags.....he is confused....he knows he has lost his humans ....we take a few to get know each other....so i am thinking his people are just a minute or two behind....so i go up the trail...yelling hello hello hello then i realize if someone heard me and thought i was in trouble a search would be started (dont laugh that happened to a friend who joined the search party looking for him) ...we wait...now i realize something is wrong....i figure he took off when he jumped a deer and now was just coming back to his truck....so i call the vet number on his rabies tag....figuring this will be a good while....the young lady answers and i explain that i am in the middle of the woods in western nc and have found a beautiful male doberman with cut ears.....black and tan...her reply...."you have boone" as she is talking to me another person called the owner....also in the woods....looking for boone...it took a while but i got human back to dog....hugs all around...i cannot tell you how much i just wanted to toss him in my car and go....just seem the fates wanted me to have another doberman....and a fine one at that.....lol...

They're awesome dogs

I'm leaning towards 2 reds after I move

i have had dobies for decades....but at 65 i opted to now have a large dog that takes a few years of solid training....i am not as solid on my feet as i once was....then as fates have it...i end up rescuing a large black and tan collie...hubby told me i could not keep him ....his name is loki
qNt4DcF6i1_94GGGSR3K_V_XzHSY1i8c2-tZglIvHutzrIAgOwzdb-K9PbG5a4C8Mz6Y2mIQBWxRjGptpzYo7srCrGYledOSEPzYS2C2b5BrTvg3dmgt123Cud0bKZqGSrFDZdrutstBoV1aVUfUsd3JJzw0tRcs63VbnqoRh6tD-4qwLnPmDkwIvceEzZJJ0YTXORSHPMAg_ucdjtqyLXMRZ61-dFtwTh4YMU60N4_hlBPikwMYa9ppf73wKHXN_R7HT-Fw-kvYvRIiMyvqvQiBF0m6FbmwjNrs3IQUtZ-efvlit46nFOBMc1m0F_6rApTARpv2pj9rE8EhZ4-2oBjfZoWaNeMAgQmwVAPimzEc489lL9O3c1-SV4KtICAEpSPklzFyASXAjwDlWxdR7MkQYdT8NxyB84J1i07NCtciPXWGtaHyx7ipgsFb5b4AOs-OkX8wHbGNSCLPzzHgRBbrlgvqymciV0VMuhbmoWoYDjspYYGaqXOf202whkji-ABxUSUn0vOum6ko0RXt7KyaWpKWUeCVjPELi5tXWczwQBCxQim7F1hhaaulKG9zk0zK_6UI5VGnCK2UPHfgCQ36s-lCxOBSwfvrBdBEf8LCLEabT60omyucYVfYr11mcbvYEzEHAkCV7FMUk0jFabm7iNfsRdujoecPIGoizSFSHdNRqd5u5Q=w802-h601-no

i have no shame...from left to right......ernest t. semba....loki

OMG!

Another dear diary moment!!

Not again!!!

( Kidding )

Anyhoo, that was a nice thing Bones and hope the puppy does not wonder off again...

i have had dobies for decades....but at 65 i opted to now have a large dog that takes a few years of solid training....i am not as solid on my feet as i once was....then as fates have it...i end up rescuing a large black and tan collie...hubby told me i could not keep him ....his name is loki
qNt4DcF6i1_94GGGSR3K_V_XzHSY1i8c2-tZglIvHutzrIAgOwzdb-K9PbG5a4C8Mz6Y2mIQBWxRjGptpzYo7srCrGYledOSEPzYS2C2b5BrTvg3dmgt123Cud0bKZqGSrFDZdrutstBoV1aVUfUsd3JJzw0tRcs63VbnqoRh6tD-4qwLnPmDkwIvceEzZJJ0YTXORSHPMAg_ucdjtqyLXMRZ61-dFtwTh4YMU60N4_hlBPikwMYa9ppf73wKHXN_R7HT-Fw-kvYvRIiMyvqvQiBF0m6FbmwjNrs3IQUtZ-efvlit46nFOBMc1m0F_6rApTARpv2pj9rE8EhZ4-2oBjfZoWaNeMAgQmwVAPimzEc489lL9O3c1-SV4KtICAEpSPklzFyASXAjwDlWxdR7MkQYdT8NxyB84J1i07NCtciPXWGtaHyx7ipgsFb5b4AOs-OkX8wHbGNSCLPzzHgRBbrlgvqymciV0VMuhbmoWoYDjspYYGaqXOf202whkji-ABxUSUn0vOum6ko0RXt7KyaWpKWUeCVjPELi5tXWczwQBCxQim7F1hhaaulKG9zk0zK_6UI5VGnCK2UPHfgCQ36s-lCxOBSwfvrBdBEf8LCLEabT60omyucYVfYr11mcbvYEzEHAkCV7FMUk0jFabm7iNfsRdujoecPIGoizSFSHdNRqd5u5Q=w802-h601-no

Some years ago my sister came to Charlotte to buy a female Doberman pup. The pup was 5 weeks old. Sis named her Charlotte and for about a month I would lay on the couch and take my P.M. nap and Charlotte would sleep on my chest. I would put her in my coat pocket and take her for walks with just her snout sticking out until she was big enough to walk for a distance. When she was about 2, my Sis and BIL got a 2 year rescue Doberman from the Gaithersburg, MD shelter. Brutus had been severely mistreated and beaten but not spirit-broken and adapted to us immediately. For about 12-14 years when I went to visit, I would take a nap on the couch, Charlotte would lay beside me and Brutus would sleep beside us on the floor.

It was funny as hell to me but you could never say the word "ride" where Brutus could hear because he would jump up and grab his leash from the wall peg and stand beside the door. If he was ignored he would take his leash into the bedroom and pout. He wouldn't even come out even if you called him for supper. He would lay there until someone sad 'let's go for a ride, Brutus.' Sometimes I would wait for my BIL to come home from work and I would say, "Brutus, do you want daddy to take you for a RIDE?'' and and BIL would say, "Dammit! Lets go Brutus" and he would have to go for a ride. (Brothers like to lord it over a BIL.) Both those pups are in doggie heaven and I will never forget how much joy they provided.

65! That's a baby!

Forum List

Back