He Said ... And He Did

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Trump said he would change the complexion of the electoral map -- putting Democratic states in the decaying industrial Midwest into the Republican column with his anti-trade rhetoric. He did.

He said he could humble the most talented Republican field in a generation: He did.

He said he could teach Republicans to beat their nemesis -- the Clintons. He did.

He said the polls were wrong and that he would pull off a surprise that would dwarf the shocking poll-defying Brexit vote in the United Kingdom to leave the European Union. And he was right.

Trump's rewriting of the rules of politics could usher in a period of global turmoil and uncertainty, as US allies, foreign markets and the Americans who were revolted by his behavior during the campaign look to the future with deep anxiety.

The question now, is when he becomes the most powerful man in the world in January, whether Trump will try to rewrite the rules and conventions of American government and the international system, just as fundamentally as he rewrote the rules of American presidential elections.

Trump pledged unity during a victory speech in the early morning hours Wednesday. "I say it is time for us to come together as one united people," he said. "I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be president for all Americans."

Still, Trump pulled off one of the most staggering upsets in the history of Western democracy.

As recently as a month ago, pundits were still contemplating the possibility of a Hillary Clinton landslide. But the polls began to tighten, returning the race to a more accurate reflection of a deeply polarized country.
Then came uncertainty as FBI Director James Comey cast a new cloud of suspicion over Clinton's campaign, reopening a review of emails tied to her server.

Clinton allies said the damage was undeniable -- their hope of swaying those final persuadable Republican women and independents -- suddenly looked bleaker.

As late as this weekend, the polls suggested Trump would have to run a near perfect race and chart a very narrow path to the White House, essentially pulling an inside straight.

But all the liberal idiota at first said Trump was only running to get Clinton elected.

the best part of all of it, every step of the way all the hillary supporters were told how it's going to be. i guess the full realization won't come to them until they see trump and kasich shaking hands and congratulating each other for a job well done.

the best part of all of it, every step of the way all the hillary supporters were told how it's going to be. i guess the full realization won't come to them until they see trump and kasich shaking hands and congratulating each other for a job well done.

LOL - I'm not holding my breath for that one.

I will also say this.

There was absolutely no way I was going to vote for Trump but he did two things that I liked.

First, he vanquished both the Bush and the Clinton families. I hated that this country was becoming like a political aristocracy. In a country of 320 million people, the Presidency shouldn't be passed around between families.

Second, he also shook up politics and how to win campaigns. Politics had become so stale. All the arguments were the same. Everything was so focus-group tested. You could pretty much predict what everyone was going to say. He showed that you can win doing it differently.

I have grave doubts that he will have a successful Presidency because I don't think he has the temperament nor the judgement. However, I hope I am wrong, and that he can get this country going again.

He said they were stupid, stupid people and he proved it. And most of all in my opinion, he did this alone. Even I doubted at one point, but he never lost faith. By sheer force of intellect and will he prevailed when the whole world, literally, was arraigned against him. If god forbid he were to keel over tomorrow, he would still be the greatest political story in our nations history, and great men accomplish great things. I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Forum List

Back