Haven't Textbooks Taught Critical Race Theory For Decades??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"While they [conservatives] generally oppose Critical Race Theory, the academic movement started by Black scholars, they have historically embraced the uncapitalized version of race theory -- but because so many see whiteness as a default, they don’t understand that their entire education has already been racialized. The fact that most people know about Betsy Ross’ amazing ability to sew or Paul Revere’s talent for riding and yelling, but have never heard of Mary Ellen Pleasant or Colonel Tye is proof that the American education system is filtered through the lens of whiteness.

For centuries, this country’s schools have perpetuated a whitewashed version of history that either erases or reduces the story of Black America [and others] down to a B-plot in the American script - because the white-centric interpretation of our national past is so commonly accepted, most white people have convinced themselves that anything that varies from the Caucasian interpretation must be a lie."

Now, what was interesting was that this article went on to research the history books of GOP Senators who are so triggered by CRT -- to see why they are so fixated on teaching the version of history they were taught.....like Senator Marsha Blackburn who was taught using history books collated by United Daughters Of The Confederacy...hmmm....in it they learned that the Brown vs Board decision was a travesty and that slaves may have been human chattel, but they were mostly treated like family.....hmmmm.....no wonder accurate tellings of history would trigger her so much...she was raised to believe a whole lie....

How about Senator Cotton from Arkansas.....his high school textbook from 1995 taught about slavery in a very similar way that Marsha learned decades ago...it even referred to the Civil War, not as the Civil War -- but the war for Southern Independence...Again, this was 1995.....it also made sure that students didn't feel that "War of Independence" was over slavery..I repeat...this was 1995....so no wonder Cotton is triggered by accurate tellings of history...and no wonder he dog whistles to Neo-Confederates so much....

So for all the hand wringing we see over "Critical Race Theory" -- truth is; a certain purposely incomplete and flawed version of race theory has been taught in this country for generations....And one should ask themselves, why this need to rewrite a history that is easily debunked and proven false with just a minor bit of research?? Would you feel that same way if our textbooks began to see the "good side" of the Nazi Holocaust....would you be lecturing holocaust survivors and their descendants about how it wasn't really that many Jews exterminated and how some Jews in concentration camps were treated like family?? Or is it still too soon to try to rewrite that history?

Last edited:
And if you are wondering who Mary Ellen Pleasant was.....she was one of the richest people in the state of California during the mid 1800's -- but she had to "pass for white"for awhile to go about building her wealth...but I am sure many white folks also had to "pass for white" at that time too..right?

And if you are wondering who Mary Ellen Pleasant was.....she was one of the richest people in the state of California during the mid 1800's -- but she had to "pass for white"for awhile to go about building her wealth...but I am sure many white folks also had to "pass for white" at that time too..right?
I see you had to go back over 100 yrs to make your point,, got anything current??

I see you had to go back over 100 yrs to make your point,, got anything current??

Current? Well, there's this guy. Oh, wait...

ralph-northam-racist-yearbook-photo-kkk-blackface.jpg

Oh, bless your heart....you think this is a "Democrat vs Republican" thing??

You are really out of depth on this one...go back to whining about goofy shit on someone else's post......

^ proves that CCP democrat are not racist

So in other words.......you can't refute a single thing I said....

Got it...

Got it...
how can I refute history??

do you have anything current or not??

This is not new,” Jelani Cobb told The Root. “One of the most under-discussed topics in education is the role slavery plays in the early history of the country.”
Slavery is not "under-discussed," it is difficult for children to understand economics.

It is most Black people who do not understand it. Slavery is incredibly inefficient. Whereas Black people believe it is free labor. Black people do not understand that the slavers cannot neglect and beat every slave to death.

You are really out of depth on this one...go back to whining about goofy shit on someone else's post......

I just like to remind you once in a while that you're still enthusiastically supporting the guy in the Klan robe. Cheers!

I just like to remind you once in a while that you're still enthusiastically supporting the guy in the Klan robe. Cheers!
I live in Texas...

Care to tell me how I support this person??

Like I said....you are out of your depth...go wade back to the kiddie pool where you belong...

This is not new,” Jelani Cobb told The Root. “One of the most under-discussed topics in education is the role slavery plays in the early history of the country.”
Slavery is not "under-discussed," it is difficult for children to understand economics.

It is most Black people who do not understand it. Slavery is incredibly inefficient. Whereas Black people believe it is free labor. Black people do not understand that the slavers cannot neglect and beat every slave to death.
So you are saying that we should teach kids that slaves were like tractors...and what slave owner would mis-use their tractor right??

Except....tractors can't talk, let alone write and leave recordings......

Again..why is there this need to continue to try to beautify and rationalize slavery as some obscure exercise in economics?

Got it...
how can I refute history??

do you have anything current or not??

It's just another Biff buff job.

In 2021 it is well passed time to get with the program. For the opportunities are there. It is easier to not take advantage of them.

In 2021 it is well passed time to get with the program. For the opportunities are there. It is easier to not take advantage of them.
Way to deflect from the post.....

Why do you folks avoid the point so much??

because its a false narrative,,

So you are saying that we should teach kids that slaves were like tractors...and what slave owner would mis-use their tractor right??

Except....tractors can't talk, let alone write and leave recordings......

Again..why is there this need to continue to try to beautify and rationalize slavery as some obscure exercise in economics?
For the same reason Black people make martyrs of criminals like George Floyd, Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, . . .

Last edited:

The past can not be changed. But it seems we can change the stature of the characters involved back then. Today is what counts. The resources will not be here forever. Just saying.

Because the rules for deliberating discussions do not exist. It is a free for all - genius. Why couldn't you figure that out?

The best White Man can offer Black people is the opportunity to reorganize the entire government that guides the society. Do Back people have any ideas for reordering the charter system that was designed two hundred years ago with inadequate information in compromise with racist white slave owners?

Black people can tear down the statues and march across another bridge, eventually, they might realize that they need to reorganize the decision-making machine.

I am the only person offering Black people a seat at the table.

You got anything?

Forum List

Back