Have you read a good book about racism in AmeriKKKa?

How many books are there about racism in America?

• 100 - 200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200 - 300

• 300 - 400

• 400 - 500

• 500 - 600

• 600 - 700

• 700 - 800

• 800 - 900

• 900 - 1000

• over 1000 and still does not make a difference

• Total voters

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
I thought about this on my ride to the beach today. Well, to be honest, I've thought about it before. A few weeks ago I made an entry concerning this topic in my soon to be released New York Times best seller autobiography about discovering the scientific formula for solving the social problems we endure.
Very soon there after (Feb 16,2001), Arsenio Hall was on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and he described the racial stratification problem that still existed in American society. Upon review of the interview I recognized that I did not comprehend it correctly the first time. Since then, the racial stratification issue has been a part of my social problem agenda, but it was not considered the search path for finding the root of the problem.
And, I have been thinking since then bout how many brilliant Black people have written books about racism in America, either in an attempt to deliver something so profound that it makes a difference, or just to exploit the Black people who gobble it up, o matter what it reads.

I thought about this on my ride to the beach today. Well, to be honest, I've thought about it before. A few weeks ago I made an entry concerning this topic in my soon to be released New York Times best seller autobiography about discovering the scientific formula for solving the social problems we endure.
Very soon there after (Feb 16,2001), Arsenio Hall was on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and he described the racial stratification problem that still existed in American society. Upon review of the interview I recognized that I did not comprehend it correctly the first time. Since then, the racial stratification issue has been a part of my social problem agenda, but it was not considered the search path for finding the root of the problem.
And, I have been thinking since then bout how many brilliant Black people have written books about racism in America, either in an attempt to deliver something so profound that it makes a difference, or just to exploit the Black people who gobble it up, o matter what it reads.

Dunno how many there are. I can't say I've read any aside from To Kill A Mockingbird and one I was assigned in high school which I've since forgotten.

Dunno how many there are. I can't say I've read any aside from To Kill A Mockingbird and one I was assigned in high school which I've since forgotten.
I dunno either.....I'm totally immersed in my white privilege and don't see racism like we had in the 50s and 60s.
Fact is I'm really ashamed for being born white and I just want to just run up to every black person I see and give them an understanding hug.

I had to read that in sixth grade, I think. I did not get much out of it, because I it seemed like ancient history to me.

I'm waiting for the movie to come out with the politically correct preamble.

I dunno either.....I'm totally immersed in my white privilege and don't see racism like we had in the 50s and 60s.
Fact is I'm really ashamed for being born white and I just want to just run up to every black person I see and give them an understanding hug.
But you do see racism like we have in 2020. You know, the "I'm not a racist but fuck those ----" racism seen every day in this forum.

But you do see racism like we have in 2020. You know, the "I'm not a racist but fuck those ----" racism seen every day in this forum.
You're right, racism in 2020 is limited to individuals who are racists, NOT systemic racism. Glad we finally agree. :113:

You're right, racism in 2020 is limited to individuals who are racists, NOT systemic racism. Glad we finally agree. :113:

You're wrong. Because when individuals practice racism that racism will be part of the systems they create. So as long as individuals practice racism, systemic racism will exist.

You're wrong. Because when individuals practice racism that racism will be part of the systems they create. So as long as individuals practice racism, systemic racism will exist.
Thanks for the derail.
What are the components of the system?
Is the government involved???
Private businesses???
Statues???
Roads signs???
Sidewalk curbings???

Thanks for the derail.
What are the components of the system?
Is the government involved???
Private businesses???
Statues???
Roads signs???
Sidewalk curbings???
I am not the one who brought up systemic racism.

And don't ask dumb ass questions.

How about a wager on just how much "systemic power" your typical 2020 white supremacist holds? I'm FAIRLY DAMN certain -- these are not the SAME whites with tons of "privilege" of ANY kind.. Largely -- they ARE racist because of class competition in the "working class".. Or because their daddy was scrapping out a living at just above poverty level while his black co-workers were on three kinds of "public assistance" to augment their wages..

Forum List

Back