CDZ Have you noticed...

There are plenty of right wingers here that do the same and call all leftists or democrats evil. To pretend it is a single political party issue is being blind on purpose to the hate coming from the right as well.

No one is pretending that the vitriol only comes from the left. But your moral equivalency argument does not wash, either. The hateful words and actions coming from the Left are exponentially greater than those coming coming from the Right. How many people on the right were calling for Obama's assassination or promoting knowingly false sexual allegations against his appointees?
It is not a false moral equivalency.

All you have to do is read a few of White_MAGA _man's posts. Remember the birther movement? How many times was Obama compared to Hitler? Remember the whole brown shirts controversy? Obama was openly accused of knowingly and with intent murdering Americans through Fast and Furious. I could go on but it would be rather pointless. When Obama was in office the hate was crystal clear. Now that Trump is in office it is clear on the other side. The vitriol is everywhere and getting worse every year.

And they are not pushing knowingly false sexual allegations. When you think that your opponent is pure evil then it is easy to believe outrageous claims without any factual evidence. To them, those sexual allegations may have well been on tape, they think they are obviously true. That is the problem with having that outlook, proof becomes unnecessary because they are already deplorable to you.

There are plenty of right wingers here that do the same and call all leftists or democrats evil. To pretend it is a single political party issue is being blind on purpose to the hate coming from the right as well.

No one is pretending that the vitriol only comes from the left. But your moral equivalency argument does not wash, either. The hateful words and actions coming from the Left are exponentially greater than those coming coming from the Right. How many people on the right were calling for Obama's assassination or promoting knowingly false sexual allegations against his appointees?
This is a lie.

The hateful bigotry, racism, and misogyny is the sole purview of the right.
Case in point. The wingers on the left only see the vitriol on the right. The wingers on the right only see the vitriol on the left.

That is what happens when the other side is the bad guy. All your own bullshit becomes acceptable and it amplifies the bullshit of the other side.

I vaguely remember a time when the person that sad across from you was afforded the common curtsy of being seen as an actual person rather than a daemon.

...that the posts in this forum are becoming increasingly antagonistic?

It mostly happens in the foreign policy discussons. A feller can't even mention the term middle east without being called a bigot right outta the gate by the usual suspects. And then discussion just degrades from there. I imagine that's likely the intent. Bad element...

But whatever. There's always twitter. Ha.

Last edited:

Good points-today's political hatred seems to be a matter of degree and direction.

All you have to do is read a few of White_MAGA _man's posts. Remember the birther movement? How many times was Obama compared to Hitler? Remember the whole brown shirts controversy? Obama was openly accused of knowingly and with intent murdering Americans through Fast and Furious.

1. The "birther movement" questioned Obama's factual qualification to be President, based on an unprecedented lack of disclosure about his early life. The only relevant analogy regarding Presidential qualification would be the questioning of Trump's 2016 vote count totals, which were dispositively settled by official recounts. Neither rises to the current level of hatred by the Left.

2. I don't recall the specifics of Obama being compared to Hitler. Was that in regard to Israel and/or antisemitism? And what was the reference to brown shirts: Antifa?

3. I don't recall anyone accusing Obama of personally ordering the murder of Americans, unlike many who accuse Trump of personally ordering the placement of immigrant children in cages.

Any other false moral equivalencies you would like to share?

All you have to do is read a few of White_MAGA _man's posts. Remember the birther movement? How many times was Obama compared to Hitler? Remember the whole brown shirts controversy? Obama was openly accused of knowingly and with intent murdering Americans through Fast and Furious.

1. The "birther movement" questioned Obama's factual qualification to be President, based on an unprecedented lack of disclosure about his early life. The only relevant analogy regarding Presidential qualification would be the questioning of Trump's 2016 vote count totals, which were dispositively settled by official recounts. Neither rises to the current level of hatred by the Left.

2. I don't recall the specifics of Obama being compared to Hitler. Was that in regard to Israel and/or antisemitism? And what was the reference to brown shirts: Antifa?

3. I don't recall anyone accusing Obama of personally ordering the murder of Americans, unlike many who accuse Trump of personally ordering the placement of immigrant children in cages.

More and worst would be my bet. Afterall are there any other even remotely plausible examples of an honest man holding D elected office from Chicago? Y'know like as is claimed for Obama in the IL state legislature?

I miss the clean debate zone, its almost dead. People would much prefer to just bash anyone not holding their favored view point. I would like a conversation about what kind of business is being done or not done by those who hold major position's in this administration, & the congress critters too.

...that the posts in this forum are becoming increasingly antagonistic? It seems that even benign topics are being hijacked by political diatribes and personal insults. I would like to think that this merely reflects poor manners and upbringing, but I am beginning to believe that a majority of posters have not developed the mental capacity to engage in a serious discussion of any kind.

Is this due to drugs, video games or public education?
Racist!!

That you don't remember them is meaningless.

It just shows that you have a rather massive blind spot for vitriol on the right.

posters_1678527c.jpg

Or we could on with people claiming Biden is a child molester. Hillary Pizza gate? Bill and Hillary having hit lists and killing political rivals? Are you really going to continue to claim ignorance.

That you don't remember them is meaningless.

It just shows that you have a rather massive blind spot for vitriol on the right.

posters_1678527c.jpg

Or we could on with people claiming Biden is a child molester. Hillary Pizza gate? Bill and Hillary having hit lists and killing political rivals? Are you really going to continue to claim ignorance.

ME:

YOU: (Nothing)

ME:

YOU: A billboard by the North Iowa Tea Party?

ME:

YOU: Or we could on with people claiming Biden is a child molester. Hillary Pizza gate? Bill and Hillary having hit lists and killing political rivals?

PATHETIC

Last edited:

Comparing Obama to Hitler
Hitler, Stalin, Obama. The Common Thread
Worse Than Hitler!
Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Obama Could Learn From Hitler
GOP congressman compares Obama to Hitler after Paris rally absence
CIA Deliberately Allows Suspected Terrorists To Fly
Will Libs who condemned Patriot Act Support Obama Drones Killing Americans?

Consider your convenient memory refreshed.

Worse Than Hitler!

You wana take bets on the reply?

Worse Than Hitler!

You wana take bets on the reply?

The reply will be the same reply he always gives:

I wasn’t talking about ________ making those comparisons…I was talking about ________

or

Even if such comparisons were made, the hatred of Trump exceeds any hatred ever expressed at anytime…ever…

New Topics

Forum List

Back